+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CHC, Islamabad Spouse Sponsorship Timeline 2011 -2012

jay024

Jan 5, 2012
Danny4450 said:
Walekum Assalam

Check with file number using the information of the sponsored person and you will see the sponsored person's address as well as the date of file transfer. It is possible that the sponsored person's address is not there meaning they have opened your file to make notes etc.
Thanks Danny for the reply

problem is i still cant get in

i went to the check online status page. added the immigration file number allong with her date of birth name and place of birth didnt work. used the client number still no go. i have no idea what kit id number is so didnt use that yet. any other ideas why i cannot log in? three four months ago i use to log in with client number and my own info (my name place of birth and dob) now i cant even get in with hers??

please help!!

blueye

Jul 2, 2011
PakistaN
Category........
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th Feb 2011
Nomination.....
LOVE FOR ALL HATRED FOR NONE
File Transfer...
1st April 2011
Med's Request
21st march 2012
Med's Done....
Done
Passport Req..
3rd May 2012 (alhamdulillah) sent on 9th May
VISA ISSUED...
31st May 2012 (alhamdulillah)
LANDED..........
3rd of july
jay024 said:

i went to the check online status page. added the immigration file number allong with her date of birth name and place of birth didnt work. used the client number still no go. i have no idea what kit id number is so didnt use that yet. any other ideas why i cannot log in? three four months ago i use to log in with client number and my own info (my name place of birth and dob) now i cant even get in with hers??

please help!!
SAME PROBLEM HERE...

philantropist

Star Member
Jul 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
June 2011
blueye said:
SAME PROBLEM HERE...
try to login with your receipt number...
its really strange coz wenever i tried to login with my file number..it didnt work..!!!! so i always use my receipt number to login

Danny4450

Champion Member
Mar 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD - Wife case
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec 2010
File Transfer...
27 Jan 2011
Med's Request
Re-medical April 23rd, 2012
Med's Done....
April 24th, 2012
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
April 23rd, 2012 - PP sent on May 1st, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 1st, 2012 .. Alhumdulillah .. Total time = 17 months and 8 days
LANDED..........
Jun 17th, 2012 .. Alhumdulillah :)
jay024 said:

please help!!
Your File number must start with F and have nine digits. Use the information of the sponsored person to log in, make sure all your keyboard keys are working and you have the correct information that you are entering.

If you use the client ID number, you should enter sponsors information to log in. If you still can't log in then I guess you should call CIC and them about this issue.

khan10

Nov 18, 2011
Visa Office......
Islamabad CIC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June-2011
File Transfer...
July-2011
Med's Request
Sept-2012
Med's Done....
Sept-2012
Interview........
Waived--Alhamdulillah
VISA ISSUED...
InshaALLAH--SOON
salam to all... any one who get AOR Received in last 10 days..

immigratingcanada2011

Star Member
Oct 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2012
File Transfer...
June 2012
Passport Req..
April 2013
Dear friends,

I am in process of finalizing the packet for sponsoring my wife (Islamabad). I had a few basic questions. Your help would be greatly appreciated:

1) I have obtained the municipal certificate (equivalent of birth certificate) for both my wife and myself. The requirement for certified translation is that there should be an affidavit by the translator and then attested by notary public. However, in my case, the affidavit has been written by the notary public i.e. not by the translator. Would this work or should I get it redone?

2) Is there a rule that no metals are to be included in the packet? Does that mean I can't staple any of the documents in the packet either?

3) The Pakistan specific form asks for my wife's File Number. I need to leave that blank given I don't get a file number until sending application to CHC Missassauga. Correct?

Would appreciate your help, especially of the experienced seniors who have been helping everybody so kindly.

Warm regards,

impulsive

Apr 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 2010
AOR Received.
Oct 2010
File Transfer...
Oct 2010
Interview........
2 INTERVIEWS 2012 & 2013
Passport Req..
DONE
VISA ISSUED...
YES
LANDED..........
YES
I had to get my nikkah naama translated into english by a lawyer and he also notrized it too and was acceptable. but it was not the birth certificate so I could only say about what I went through was not rejected.
about the 2nd question, yes you should not include any metal not even staple or pin at all, as they might have to call a speciall ----- sqaud to open your package. so please stay away from metallic items.
3rd question, According to my knowledge is the same as you had jot down that the file number can be only obtain after applying and first of all mississauga office issues the client id number and then chc islamabad issues the file number.
I hope this would help.
immigratingcanada2011 said:
Dear friends,

I am in process of finalizing the packet for sponsoring my wife (Islamabad). I had a few basic questions. Your help would be greatly appreciated:

1) I have obtained the municipal certificate (equivalent of birth certificate) for both my wife and myself. The requirement for certified translation is that there should be an affidavit by the translator and then attested by notary public. However, in my case, the affidavit has been written by the notary public i.e. not by the translator. Would this work or should I get it redone?

2) Is there a rule that no metals are to be included in the packet? Does that mean I can't staple any of the documents in the packet either?

3) The Pakistan specific form asks for my wife's File Number. I need to leave that blank given I don't get a file number until sending application to CHC Missassauga. Correct?

Would appreciate your help, especially of the experienced seniors who have been helping everybody so kindly.

Warm regards,

i.Solo

Star Member
May 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
impulsive said:
about the 2nd question, yes you should not include any metal not even staple or pin at all, as they might have to call a speciall ----- sqaud to open your package. so please stay away from metallic items.
I had a metal binder clip in my documents. It was was not a problem. I don't think that it will cause any problem. Also you submit these docs in Canada. CHC-M will forward these paper to ISB.
Any way it is up to u to decide .don't send if you dont feel comfortable.

sabii

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2010
Visa Office......
Islamabad (Husband Case)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2011
Doc's Request.
June 2012 -IMM & Supp Forms
File Transfer...
Sept 2011
Med's Request
June 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 2013 along with RePCC
VISA ISSUED...
March 2013
LANDED..........
May 2013
i.Solo said:
I had a metal binder clip in my documents. It was was not a problem. I don't think that it will cause any problem. Also you submit these docs in Canada. CHC-M will forward these paper to ISB.
Any way it is up to u to decide .don't send if you dont feel comfortable.
yeah me too i clipped all the papers using paper clips and made different piles using binder clips and i had no problem at all

immigratingcanada2011

Star Member
Oct 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2012
File Transfer...
June 2012
Passport Req..
April 2013
A big thank you to Sabii , i.Solo, and Impulsive for your help! I think I will use plastic paper clips. Hopefully that should do the trick.

immigratingcanada2011

Star Member
Oct 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2012
File Transfer...
June 2012
Passport Req..
April 2013
Dear Friends -- here's another question on which I wanted your kind perspective.

How did you guys structure the application packet that you sent to Missassauga? I am thinking of having 4 portions: 1) Sponsor's forms, 2) Applicant's forms, 3) Required documents e.g. medical, police clearance certificates, birth certificates, educational documents etc and lastly 4) Proofs e.g. pictures, phone bills, e-mails, supplementary credit card, joint back accounts etc. Any tips and tricks / general advice when structuring the packet?

Best regards,

shamsia

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012
Dear Friends -- here's another question on which I wanted your kind perspective.

How did you guys structure the application packet that you sent to Missassauga? I am thinking of having 4 portions: 1) Sponsor's forms, 2) Applicant's forms, 3) Required documents e.g. medical, police clearance certificates, birth certificates, educational documents etc and lastly 4) Proofs e.g. pictures, phone bills, e-mails, supplementary credit card, joint back accounts etc. Any tips and tricks / general advice when structuring the packet?

Best regards,
Asak,

Try and arrange the application according to the checklist you have. Also, you should find this really helpful http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/how-i-organized-our-applcation-and-a-summary-of-all-helpful-tips-i-have-learned-t92449.0.html;msg1194983#msg1194983

All the best! :)

immigratingcanada2011

Star Member
Oct 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2012
File Transfer...
June 2012
Passport Req..
April 2013
Shamsia -- this link is so helpful! Thanks a ton for sharing.

Raaye

Oct 6, 2011
Salaam to All

Any idea if CHC has started processing applications filed in Jan 2011 if not than how much more time they will take to open 2011 files?
&
Can someone help me with CIC website, its been almost a year and I still cant access the system with applicant's file number, last name, DoB and PoB with sponsor's details it says file received at CHC Islamabad.

Thanks in advance!!

shamsia

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012
Shamsia -- this link is so helpful! Thanks a ton for sharing.
Glad to be of help :) Good luck!