VISA ISSUED...
InshaALLAH--SOON
salam any one get... aor last week

Omar Mirza

Dec 20, 2011
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Dear Sponsor!

If you are a Canadian or a landed immigrant, then you don't need to send your birth certificate. They are only concerned and focusing on the applicants documents.

If your birth certificates are in URDU and then translated by notary public translator means that the translator will need to provide proof that he is a professional translator on his company's letter head or something and ID card copy.
Make sure you have an affidavit made which states that the translator your using is a professional and the birth certificate is a true copy with his signature and ID card copy attached to your wife's Original birth certificate.

In my case, i got my spouse birth certificate translation done in English with a affidavit of the translator with his ID copy and signature. Then got it attested by the notary public.

Do not use staples please. Use paper clips!

For your file number, Please be more specific.
Thanks
immigratingcanada2011 said:
Dear friends,

I am in process of finalizing the packet for sponsoring my wife (Islamabad). I had a few basic questions. Your help would be greatly appreciated:

1) I have obtained the municipal certificate (equivalent of birth certificate) for both my wife and myself. The requirement for certified translation is that there should be an affidavit by the translator and then attested by notary public. However, in my case, the affidavit has been written by the notary public i.e. not by the translator. Would this work or should I get it redone?

2) Is there a rule that no metals are to be included in the packet? Does that mean I can't staple any of the documents in the packet either?

3) The Pakistan specific form asks for my wife's File Number. I need to leave that blank given I don't get a file number until sending application to CHC Missassauga. Correct?

Would appreciate your help, especially of the experienced seniors who have been helping everybody so kindly.

Warm regards,

phantom

Dec 11, 2011
Guys,

I called CIC helpline to ask about my my wife's address online because even when I log in using the "F0" file number still her pakistani address doesnt appear. Also, I have to submit supporting docs so I asked her about them too.

She said I should wait till I get my "B0" number becuz then the address will automatically be updated online AND I should send my supporting docs referencing the "B0" number...

Is this bs or is she right? I thought I should be able to send my supporting docs by using the "F0" file number.... man I hate the CIC people . They never give a proper answer.

Should ask the Counsulate for a "B0" number now?

Omar Mirza

Dec 20, 2011
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Thats exactly how i did it and worked out well for me :)

I had bought some transparent thin plastic file covers from staples and labelled them. All 4 files i made for the case had their respective stickers on the front.
Make sure you are not missing any documents and also that all the documents are in the right order in the right file :)

1) Sponsor Forms ----- Sticker on file saying Sponsor forms
2) Applicants Forms ----- Sticker on file saying Applicants forms
3) Supporting Documents ----- Sticker on file saying supporting Documents
4) Wedding Proofs ----- Sticker on file saying Wedding Proofs

immigratingcanada2011 said:
Dear Friends -- here's another question on which I wanted your kind perspective.

How did you guys structure the application packet that you sent to Missassauga? I am thinking of having 4 portions: 1) Sponsor's forms, 2) Applicant's forms, 3) Required documents e.g. medical, police clearance certificates, birth certificates, educational documents etc and lastly 4) Proofs e.g. pictures, phone bills, e-mails, supplementary credit card, joint back accounts etc. Any tips and tricks / general advice when structuring the packet?

Best regards,

Omar Mirza

Dec 20, 2011
Visa Office......
Edmonton
I cant really say! I have seen cases where the address disappears for the website for a while and then comes back. It could be because they are looking through your case. Could be anyhing really but nothing to worry about. You should be able to send your supporting documents in any case with your F0 number. . .

phantom said:
Guys,

I called CIC helpline to ask about my my wife's address online because even when I log in using the "F0" file number still her pakistani address doesnt appear. Also, I have to submit supporting docs so I asked her about them too.

She said I should wait till I get my "B0" number becuz then the address will automatically be updated online AND I should send my supporting docs referencing the "B0" number...

Is this bs or is she right? I thought I should be able to send my supporting docs by using the "F0" file number.... man I hate the CIC people . They never give a proper answer.

Danny4450

Champion Member
Mar 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD - Wife case
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec 2010
File Transfer...
27 Jan 2011
Med's Request
Re-medical April 23rd, 2012
Med's Done....
April 24th, 2012
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
April 23rd, 2012 - PP sent on May 1st, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 1st, 2012 .. Alhumdulillah .. Total time = 17 months and 8 days
LANDED..........
Jun 17th, 2012 .. Alhumdulillah :)
phantom said:
Guys,

"B0" number is now replaced by "F0" number from October 2010 cases and onwards, so In my opninon she meant to say your file number which starts with either a B or F depending on if you applied before or after October 2010.

Omar Mirza

Dec 20, 2011
Visa Office......
Edmonton
I have a feeling "CIC" has started processing cases a bit faster now. I'm hoping to hear good news this year :)

Danny4450

Champion Member
Mar 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD - Wife case
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec 2010
File Transfer...
27 Jan 2011
Med's Request
Re-medical April 23rd, 2012
Med's Done....
April 24th, 2012
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
April 23rd, 2012 - PP sent on May 1st, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 1st, 2012 .. Alhumdulillah .. Total time = 17 months and 8 days
LANDED..........
Jun 17th, 2012 .. Alhumdulillah :)
Omar Mirza said:
I have a feeling "CIC" has started processing cases a bit faster now. I'm hoping to hear good news this year :)
Faster ??? If anything they slowed down. Initial review is now being done after 14 months instead of 12 months. If anything they resumed processing after a delay of 2 months.

sabii

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2010
Visa Office......
Islamabad (Husband Case)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2011
Doc's Request.
June 2012 -IMM & Supp Forms
File Transfer...
Sept 2011
Med's Request
June 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 2013 along with RePCC
VISA ISSUED...
March 2013
LANDED..........
May 2013
Raaye said:
Salaam to All

Any idea if CHC has started processing applications filed in Jan 2011 if not than how much more time they will take to open 2011 files?
&
Can someone help me with CIC website, its been almost a year and I still cant access the system with applicant's file number, last name, DoB and PoB with sponsor's details it says file received at CHC Islamabad.

Thanks in advance!!
I know a person from Jan 2011 got re-pcc and remedical (i m not sure what else he received) but right now they r working on 2010 files... Jan is next InshaAllah..dont worry :)

if u r getting the status "file received to isb" thats normal...thats mean they havent started ur process yet (didnt open ur file for initial reveeiew)

shaby

Dec 19, 2011
sabii said:
I know a person from Jan 2011 got re-pcc and remedical (i m not sure what else he received) but right now they r working on 2010 files... Jan is next InshaAllah..dont worry :)

if u r getting the status "file received to isb" thats normal...thats mean they havent started ur process yet (didnt open ur file for initial reveeiew)
Can anyone guide me, what IMM forms CHC-I asked while requesting for RPCC for first time....i am thinking to find them and to fill them well before time.....thx

sher786

Star Member
Jan 18, 2012
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2011
File Transfer...
11-03-2011
Med's Done....
20-03-2012
Interview........
no interview
Passport Req..
15-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-05-2012
shaby said:
Can anyone guide me, what IMM forms CHC-I asked while requesting for RPCC for first time....i am thinking to find them and to fill them well before time.....thx
I think you should wait until they ask for them because they keep changing the forms

khushi humesha 100

Nov 20, 2011
Visa Office......
chc -isb (wife case)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
feb 2012
File Transfer...
dec 2010
Med's Request
feb 2012
Med's Done....
5th march 2012
Passport Req..
31st july 2012 Alhamdullilah :)
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made on 18th aug PP back with visa on 1st Sep 2012 Alhamdullilah :) :)
LANDED..........
Alhamdullilah sep 30th 2012 :)
shaby said:
no u should n't as they ask u some selective forms of their own choice!

Ezee

Mar 2, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/08/2011
Doc's Request.
11/06/2012
AOR Received.
21/06/2012
File Transfer...
03/11/2011
Med's Request
06/18/2013
Med's Done....
06/26/2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06/18/2013
VISA ISSUED...
07/15/2013
LANDED..........
23/07/2013
Hi everyone,
Please show me format for cover letter which I can use to send CHC ISB more photos.
These days I'm in Pakistan I think its good idea to send them more proofs for ours relationship, becuse last year after merrige we just had 5 days together. Now I'm in Lahore from November 2011 and leaving soon back to Canada.

tuco

May 9, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ezee said:
Hi everyone,
Please show me format for cover letter which I can use to send CHC ISB more photos.
These days I'm in Pakistan I think its good idea to send them more proofs for ours relationship, becuse last year after merrige we just had 5 days together. Now I'm in Lahore from November 2011 and leaving soon back to Canada.
it's better idea if you send them proofs and photos at the end of your visit i.e when you're back to canada..........and don't worry about 5 days stay after marriage......most of the people go through the same.......my wife also stayed with me for like 15 days only after marriage
and glad to know you're from lahore