Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 2011
AOR Received.
Wakalat Nama March 2012/ Supp. forms June 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2011 (Ecase changed to IN PROCCESS October 26 2012)
Med's Request
November 21th 2012
Med's Done....
November 29th 2012
Interview........
Waived Alhamdulillah
Passport Req..
Alhamdulillah April 19th 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Alhamdulillah June 28 2013
LANDED..........
Alhamdulillah July 14 2013
IA said:
Hi there

My husband got a PPR from CHC Islamabad on January 09th, 2012 and we sent the passport same day.. Could anyone tell me how long it will take him to recieve his passport back with the visa.. any idea.. ??

Thanks
its bout 2 week to months i think
but hopefulli i will get it soon :)

Pray for all of us that our spouses get visa soon too
n wats ur timeline?

R.Mujgani

Champion Member
May 14, 2011
Toronto Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 2011
AOR Received.
Wakalat Nama March 2012/ Supp. forms June 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2011 (Ecase changed to IN PROCCESS October 26 2012)
Med's Request
November 21th 2012
Med's Done....
November 29th 2012
Interview........
Waived Alhamdulillah
Passport Req..
Alhamdulillah April 19th 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Alhamdulillah June 28 2013
LANDED..........
Alhamdulillah July 14 2013
"Today I called CHC-ISB and asked them why its taking that long for spousal immigration and why you are not working on them within your time lines. Visa office lady said we are aware how much problems applicants are facing and its a major issue here at CHC-ISB as well. CHC-ISB have enough people to complete the work but they have special instructions from Jason Kenney's office to slow down the spousal immigration process. She also said if we get instructions from Canadian Immigration office to finalize the cases in a week we can do that easily."

I jus found this out from a girl on facebook who told me bout it?

blueye

Jul 2, 2011
PakistaN
Category........
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th Feb 2011
Nomination.....
LOVE FOR ALL HATRED FOR NONE
File Transfer...
1st April 2011
Med's Request
21st march 2012
Med's Done....
Done
Passport Req..
3rd May 2012 (alhamdulillah) sent on 9th May
VISA ISSUED...
31st May 2012 (alhamdulillah)
LANDED..........
3rd of july
R.Mujgani said:
"Today I called CHC-ISB and asked them why its taking that long for spousal immigration and why you are not working on them within your time lines. Visa office lady said we are aware how much problems applicants are facing and its a major issue here at CHC-ISB as well. CHC-ISB have enough people to complete the work but they have special instructions from Jason Kenney's office to slow down the spousal immigration process. She also said if we get instructions from Canadian Immigration office to finalize the cases in a week we can do that easily."

Is there any thread like this on facebook?

truefriend

Star Member
Aug 30, 2011
sha123456 said:
Hi all,
I am currently in Canada and a Permanent Resident. I recently got married and would be filing an application for my spouse in a couple of weeks.

My questions: In view of the current time line (26 months) for spousal sponsorship, what are the other options I can implore?

1. After I apply for my wife's immigration through spousal sponsorship, if she applies for student visa while PR application is in progress, is that something one can do, what are the chances of getting visa? Will a refusal affect her sponsorship application?

2. Or what about visit visa (to visit my husband for a couple of weeks) and then get an OWP when she lands here?

Also, do I have to inform CIC that I have been married now, if so where exactly?

Any comments/experiences/suggestions will be more than welcomed.

Thanks in advance
The only other option is the TRV, you can try applying that for your spouse while you are preparing your sponsorship file. In case if your spouse gets the visa, let him/her come to Canada and you can avail sponsoring your spouse as with in Canada option. In either case, you will need same documents to sponsor your spouse, either with in Canada or outside Canada.
You must be truthful, applicant must tell that he/she is married or you might fall in complications.
You know Canadian Visit Visa is most strict visa in the world, even more than US, Austrailia, UK, Europe and any country in the world. It's not impossible, but extremly hard to get one.
You can always try for Student visa. Any visa application or refusal will not effect your sponsorship file.
What's that OWP . . . . ?
I hope it's helpful, in case if you have any question, feel free to post

sha123456

Star Member
Jan 13, 2012
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
unknown
App. Filed.......
01-05-2018
AOR Received.
20-07-2018
truefriend said:
The only other option is the TRV, you can try applying that for your spouse while you are preparing your sponsorship file. In case if your spouse gets the visa, let him/her come to Canada and you can avail sponsoring your spouse as with in Canada option. In either case, you will need same documents to sponsor your spouse, either with in Canada or outside Canada.
You must be truthful, applicant must tell that he/she is married or you might fall in complications.
You know Canadian Visit Visa is most strict visa in the world, even more than US, Austrailia, UK, Europe and any country in the world. It's not impossible, but extremly hard to get one.
You can always try for Student visa. Any visa application or refusal will not effect your sponsorship file.
What's that OWP . . . . ?
I hope it's helpful, in case if you have any question, feel free to post
But even if she gets a visit visa, that would only be valid for six months i.e. a six months entry would be given to her. Can I apply for inland spousal sponsorship while she is here on visitor visa. What would happen after six months.
OWP= open work permit, can a dependent who is in canada be given this permit based on me?

truefriend

Star Member
Aug 30, 2011
sha123456 said:
But even if she gets a visit visa, that would only be valid for six months i.e. a six months entry would be given to her. Can I apply for inland spousal sponsorship while she is here on visitor visa. What would happen after six months.
OWP= open work permit, can a dependent who is in canada be given this permit based on me?
That's simple, you will just need to submit fee for renewal of visit visa and another application form along with the sponsorship file and it will be renewed. In case if you do not apply for renewal of visit visa, she will still be legal in Canada while her Permanent Residence Application is in process . . . . though her visit visa has expired.
Not sure about OWP, but they will always insist on Permanent Resident Visa.
It's more difficult to get a TRV even before sponsorship approval . . . If she gets the visit visa, just apply under with in Canada option, its simple . . .
The only thing that you might need to consider is her medical insurance, but if you have your wife with you, she must worth more than medical expenses and of course waiting around 18 months.
I will say again, keep preparing your sponsorship file, while applying TRV, it's really hard.

Just a tip : for TRV you must prove that she will leave the country after expiry of her visa . . . .

*AFREEN*

Jan 5, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
R.Mujgani said:

:mad: that is why all of us in Canada have to go together to kenney and ask him why the hell he is doing this. :(

B

bestplace4u

*AFREEN* said:
:mad: that is why all of us in Canada have to go together to kenney and ask him why the hell he is doing this. :(
this is all crap, do u think someone from visa office would actually say something like this?
Just suppose if u r working for Afghani embassy in Canada, are you going to say something like this that we have instructions from Hamid Karzai that keep the visa process slow?

*AFREEN*

Jan 5, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bestplace4u said:
this is all crap, do u think someone from visa office would actually say something like this?
Just suppose if u r working for Afghani embassy in Canada, are you going to say something like this that we have instructions from Hamid Karzai that keep the visa process slow?
If I go crazy by all the people calling me I would tell them the truth lol
It is kenny who is increasing the processing time. We all know that don't we?

B

bestplace4u

*AFREEN* said:
If I go crazy by all the people calling me I would tell them the truth lol
It is kenny who is increasing the processing time. We all know that don't we?
We DO NOT know the exact reason, remember on this forum what u hear is everyone's experiences and thinking.
Everyone had different responses from different departments.
There could different reason too.
Now some hot shot will come and quote my comments and will try to impose his thinking about being targeted as a Muslim and Pakistani :D

*AFREEN*

Jan 5, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bestplace4u said:
We DO NOT know the exact reason, remember on this forum what u hear is everyone's experiences and thinking.
Everyone had different responses from different departments.
There could different reason too.
Now some hot shot will come and quote my comments and will try to impose his thinking about being targeted as a Muslim and Pakistani :D
haha I also noticed your saying are always quoted :p I will cross my fingers for u so nobody can quote your answer if they do I will back u up. Mat daro lol
Some who do know the reason don't admit that they know

B

bestplace4u

*AFREEN* said:
I noticed your saying are always quoted :p
Some who do know the reason don't admit that they know ;)
lol problem is they say they are living in Canada but still they have Pakistani Mentality.
I simply ask them one question and I do not get a positive response from em
IF they love Pakistan so much then why don't they permanently move here :D
Now I really pissed all of em ;D

*AFREEN*

Jan 5, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bestplace4u said:
lol problem is they say they are living in Canada but still they have Pakistani Mentality.
I simply ask them one question and I do not get a positive response from em
IF they love Pakistan so much then why don't they permanently move here :D
Now I really pissed all of em ;D
I just quoted ur answer :D
kenny chacha is responsible for this too :p He should check people to see how well they give positive response then he should let them in haha your there this not fair :(

B

bestplace4u

*AFREEN* said:
I just quoted ur answer :D
kenny chacha is responsible for this too :p He should check people to see how well they give positive response then he should let them in haha your there this not fair :(
Lol trust me if someone thinks that immigration officials are watching these threads the hes the most stupid person.
I do not think like other Pakistanis probably I lived out of Pakistan more then I lived in Pakistan and I did lots of travelling around the world.
I am desperately waiting hot shots to wake up and quote my comments lol