CHC, Islamabad Spouse Sponsorship Timeline 2009 -2010

UOC

Nov 4, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
He already did one announcement yesterday:

News Release – More Federal Skilled Workers for Canada in 2012
Ottawa, November 3, 2011 – The Government of Canada is planning to welcome more federal skilled workers in 2012, Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism Minister Jason Kenney announced today.

The Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) remains the principal avenue for permanent immigration to Canada. In 2012, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) plans to welcome 55,000–57,000 federal skilled workers, up from 47,000–47,400 in the 2011 Immigration Levels Plan.

“The government’s number one priority remains the economy. We recognize the importance of immigration to our labour market and we value the contributions of skilled immigrants who add to our international competitiveness,” said Minister Kenney. “We are committed to facilitating the arrival of the best and the brightest to our country.”

An important milestone was reached this year when the backlog of FSW applications prior to the launch of the 2008 Action Plan for Faster Immigration was reduced by more than 50 percent – two years ahead of schedule. The higher range in 2012 will support labour market responsiveness and sustain progress on backlog reduction.

CIC completed an extensive evaluation of the FSWP in 2010, showing that the program is working well and selecting immigrants who perform well economically. The report found that 89 percent of FSWs were employed or self-employed three years after landing. Moreover, 95 percent of the employers surveyed indicated that FSWs were meeting or exceeding their expectations. The evaluation indicated a strong continuing need for skilled immigrants in Canada.

“CIC will continue to ramp up efforts to modernize our immigration system to make it more nimble and responsive to labour market needs,” said Minister Kenney. “Following nationwide consultations this past spring on proposals to improve the Federal Skilled Worker Program, we are actively exploring policy options on the way forward.”

bestplace4u said:
The Minister is making some announcements today and rumor has it that there will be a cap placed on the number of applications in the parents/grandparents category to reduce the backlog.

The conditional visa for spouses may also be a part of the announcements.

DodgeCharger

Champion Member
Feb 9, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Family reunification changes would ease immigration backlog
STEVEN CHASE
OTTAWA— From Friday's Globe and Mail
Published Thursday, Nov. 03, 2011 9:48PM EDT
Last updated Friday, Nov. 04, 2011 7:56AM EDT

The Harper government is moving to restrict applications for a program allowing immigrants to bring their parents and grandparents to Canada – part of a plan to eliminate a massive backlog in this category that has people waiting eight years.

But this is only part of what Immigration Minister Jason Kenney will announce on Friday at noon ET in Mississauga, immigration lawyers predict.

Experts say they expect Ottawa will also increase the number of parents and grandparents admitted annually under this family reunification program. The waiting list is currently at more than 150,000 people.

The Immigration Minister’s announcement will include details of a planned overhaul of the grandparents and parents portion of the program.

Mr. Kenney will also announce that the Department of Citizenship and Immigration will hold consultations in early 2012 to solicit opinion from Canadians on how best to revamp the program.

The federal government each year receives about 40,000 applications from grandparents and parents of immigrants and admits only about 17,500. At the same time, the backlog grows by 13,000 to 14,000 annually.

Mr. Kenney hinted at his plans at a Commons committee in late October, saying the two best ways to eliminate the backlog of applicants are to cut the number of applications considered each year and to increase admissions.

“Is the department going to have to issue directives limiting the number of new applications that we receive? I think that it is a solution that we have to consider,” he told the Commons immigration committee last month.

Vancouver-based immigration lawyer Richard Kurland said he expects the Harper government will restrict applications and increase approvals as a solution to the backlog.

“I think the only way out is going to be a Sound of Music solution, where ‘When a door gets closed, somewhere, a window gets opened,’ ” Mr. Kurland said.

The immigration lawyer suggested Mr. Kenney could find a way to make it work.

“So even if applications are capped, the minister can direct that temporary visas be issued in order to bring families together until the backlog is processed.”

Sources said consultations in 2012 will be used to seek ways to redesign the program to prevent future backlogs. All options are on the table, including different rules for who can sponsor parents and grandparents, or increases in the amount of income required to support newcomers under the program, the sources said.

Mr. Kenney promised to address the backlog in the parents and grandparents class during the federal election campaign earlier this year. Parents often apply for permanent residence on the advice of Canadian visa officers after they are refused a visitor visa, lawyers say.

Immigration lawyers say a more permanent solution to the backlog should include changing visitor visa rules.

They say Ottawa should devise a way to allow parents of immigrants to visit without incurring the risk of a drain on medicare if they fall ill while in Canada.

Mr. Kurland estimated that about 20 per cent of those parents and grandparents in the queue for permanent residency would withdraw their application if they could instead secure a long-term, multiple-entry visa that stipulated they cover their own health insurance in Canada.

Canada expects to admit 254,000 immigrants this year in total.

B

bestplace4u

UOC said:
He already did one announcement yesterday:

News Release – More Federal Skilled Workers for Canada in 2012
Ottawa, November 3, 2011 – The Government of Canada is planning to welcome more federal skilled workers in 2012, Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism Minister Jason Kenney announced today.

The Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) remains the principal avenue for permanent immigration to Canada. In 2012, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) plans to welcome 55,000–57,000 federal skilled workers, up from 47,000–47,400 in the 2011 Immigration Levels Plan.

“The government's number one priority remains the economy. We recognize the importance of immigration to our labour market and we value the contributions of skilled immigrants who add to our international competitiveness,” said Minister Kenney. “We are committed to facilitating the arrival of the best and the brightest to our country.”

An important milestone was reached this year when the backlog of FSW applications prior to the launch of the 2008 Action Plan for Faster Immigration was reduced by more than 50 percent – two years ahead of schedule. The higher range in 2012 will support labour market responsiveness and sustain progress on backlog reduction.

CIC completed an extensive evaluation of the FSWP in 2010, showing that the program is working well and selecting immigrants who perform well economically. The report found that 89 percent of FSWs were employed or self-employed three years after landing. Moreover, 95 percent of the employers surveyed indicated that FSWs were meeting or exceeding their expectations. The evaluation indicated a strong continuing need for skilled immigrants in Canada.

“CIC will continue to ramp up efforts to modernize our immigration system to make it more nimble and responsive to labour market needs,” said Minister Kenney. “Following nationwide consultations this past spring on proposals to improve the Federal Skilled Worker Program, we are actively exploring policy options on the way forward.”
that is the old one, we already know about it

lonly widout hubby

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
islmabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
sep 2010 &" refill-forms+ repcc) 2nd jan 2012
Nomination.....
RPRF Fee letter "28th march 2012"
AOR Received.
sep 2010 ( dated aug)
File Transfer...
aug 2010
Med's Request
feb 2nd 2012 (remedical ws sent on 28th dec 2011 , but we never recieved it , ask to resend on 24th jan)
Passport Req..
21st july 2012 ! Allah ka shukar !
VISA ISSUED...
11 aug 2012 mashalla see :)
aaj bhi koi good news nahye ???

B

bestplace4u

DodgeCharger said:
U didn't read fw pages, randomstar got his pp back with visa!
oh bhai, don't u know why some of us ask for good news every day? :p

Sriz

Star Member
Nov 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 5th 2011
File Transfer...
May 27th 2011
Med's Request
June 27th 2012
Med's Done....
August 10th 2012
Passport Req..
June 27th 2012
did the processing time just change from 26 months to 24 months?? :S i didn't know that was possible! i thought they only increase the time 0.0

UOC

Nov 4, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have been checking almost daily for any good news from CIC or CHC. I am always disoppointed. I never see any constructive approach from Kenney to improve the timelines. He always further complicate the situation with restrictions, giving more power to IO to refuse etc etc. He is always crying about immigration frauds from India and China, but keep their processing times stable.

DodgeCharger said:
Oh Haan Bhool gya thaa! ;D

anso

Feb 7, 2011
Toronto ONT
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-Islamabad Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sriz said:
did the processing time just change from 26 months to 24 months?? :S i didn't know that was possible! i thought they only increase the time 0.0
pagal ho gaye hnn yeh .....Last quarterly update: July 26, 2011

becheroun ke site he downgrade ho gaye =))

sabii

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2010
Visa Office......
Islamabad (Husband Case)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2011
Doc's Request.
June 2012 -IMM & Supp Forms
File Transfer...
Sept 2011
Med's Request
June 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 2013 along with RePCC
VISA ISSUED...
March 2013
LANDED..........
May 2013
Sriz said:
LOL u r rite they changed it back to 24 months...they didnt wanna decrease time so just increased and then again 24...bizarre

H

humpakwatan

Sriz said:
How did they change it back to 24? strange I just checked and saw 24 and I checked last time it was updated to 26.

anso

Feb 7, 2011
Toronto ONT
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-Islamabad Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
humpakwatan said:
How did they change it back to 24? strange I just checked and saw 24 and I checked last time it was updated to 26.
change khuch nahi keya unnu nay.
just unn ke site downgrade ho gaye hai...
update karrien gay tu same wohe 26month nd last update 27 oct , 2011

B

bestplace4u

anso said:
change khuch nahi keya unnu nay.
just unn ke site downgrade ho gaye hai...
update karrien gay tu same wohe 26month nd last update 27 oct , 2011
they are gone insane lol,
I think theres some glitch with the website and its showing the old version from cache because on top it says Last quarterly update: July 26, 2011

H

humpakwatan

Here is what Conservatives Politicians think of Pakistan and Pakistanis:

"This fellow said, 'I was so depressed last night thinking about the economy, wars, jobs, my savings, social security, retirement funds, etc., I called a suicide hotline and got a call centre in Pakistan. When I told them I was suicidal, they got all excited and asked if I could drive a truck.' "

Crosbie got boisterous laughs from the roomful of Progressive Conservative government members at the time.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/canada/crosbies-pakistan-joke-gets-him-in-hot-water-133221703.html