Star Member
Apr 15, 2011
pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I HAVE GOOD NEWS TO SHARE WITH YOU, BY GRACE OF ALLAH I RECIEVED MY PASSPORT BACK WITH VISA, :D :D

ayesha_a

Feb 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2010
Doc's Request.
Oct 2010
AOR Received.
Sept 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Sept 2011
Passport Req..
Oct 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2011
PPH said:
I HAVE GOOD NEWS TO SHARE WITH YOU, BY GRACE OF ALLAH I RECIEVED MY PASSPORT BACK WITH VISA, :D :D

Mubarak Mubarak :)

Danny4450

Champion Member
Mar 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD - Wife case
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec 2010
File Transfer...
27 Jan 2011
Med's Request
Re-medical April 23rd, 2012
Med's Done....
April 24th, 2012
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
April 23rd, 2012 - PP sent on May 1st, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 1st, 2012 .. Alhumdulillah .. Total time = 17 months and 8 days
LANDED..........
Jun 17th, 2012 .. Alhumdulillah :)
mfawad said:
SALAM EVERYONE I GOT GREAT NEWS TO SHARE WITH YOU, THANK TO ALLAH..AND WITH ALL YOUR PRAYERS MY HUBBY JUST GOT HIS PASSPORT BACK WITH VISA, AND HE IS RIGHT NOW BOOKING HIS TICKET FOR 25 OCT, SO HAPPPY
Congratulations sister .. Finally you can live a normal life now :)

Danny4450

Champion Member
Mar 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD - Wife case
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec 2010
File Transfer...
27 Jan 2011
Med's Request
Re-medical April 23rd, 2012
Med's Done....
April 24th, 2012
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
April 23rd, 2012 - PP sent on May 1st, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 1st, 2012 .. Alhumdulillah .. Total time = 17 months and 8 days
LANDED..........
Jun 17th, 2012 .. Alhumdulillah :)
PPH said:
Congratulations .. The day of Jumma tul Mubarak has been really mubarak for you .. MashaAllah :)

Tor-wi

Oct 26, 2010
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
Re-Med: 15-06-2011
mfawad said:
SALAM EVERYONE I GOT GREAT NEWS TO SHARE WITH YOU, THANK TO ALLAH..AND WITH ALL YOUR PRAYERS MY HUBBY JUST GOT HIS PASSPORT BACK WITH VISA, AND HE IS RIGHT NOW BOOKING HIS TICKET FOR 25 OCT, SO HAPPPY
Congratulations! :) have a happy married life ahead

Tor-wi

Oct 26, 2010
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
bestplace4u said:
what does it means PAPER SCREENING DECISION (PSDEC) for family class
For more info, follow this link http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/what-is-the-significant-of-psdec-1-t60304.0.html

For the purpose of calculating processing times, processing only begins when the visa office
determines the application is eligible for processing. The clearest indication of this is with the entry
of “PSDEC 1” (eligible) at the visa office. Once PSDEC 1 is entered, processing time begins.
Accordingly, processing times for Skilled Worker applications are measured from PSDEC 1 to
either SELDEC 5, 6 or FINDEC 1, 2, 4."

PSDEC (Paper Screening Decision) is the first step - basically done as part of the AOR process or immediately after. While the AOR only confirms that you have submitted all required documentation and required fee for your file processing to begin, the PSDEC is the first step in verifying if that documentation meets the requirements of the PR class you apply for and also ensuring other information is available as required . CIC staff also conduct additional checks on parts of your documentation (like calling up employers to verify your experience letters, checking other documentation with relevant authorities like the tax dept., embassies etc). All this is done by different folks in the visa office and some (if not all) of this could be logged in your CAIPS.

Once all these checks are complete (very subjective as it depends on the amount of info you submitted and the sources of that info as well), the file goes to the immigration officer for review/approval. He/she reviews the docs as well as the notes made by the various visa office staff and if he/she is satisfied an IA will be issued along with a medical request. Else, you will get a further document request/interview request based on what they feel the gaps are in your documentation/history. (they may request a medical in parallel to these as well). Security/background checks are random and happen usually after medicals (but there could be exceptions i guess)

The whole process seems to be controlled by Bring Forward dates (BFW) with a bring forward date set each time an action/set of actions is initiated. If those actions complete within the BFW, your file could be picked up for the next step and if the BFW pops without any result from the previous action, the staff check if there are delays in the process and push the bfw back by sometime to allow for this action to complete. BUt what i suspect is happening nowadays is that with the large volumes of applications in the queue, even if an action is complete within the BFW date nothing is done till the BFW date pops and even then it looks like they just extend the BFW date a few more months.

Tor-wi

Oct 26, 2010
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
R.Mujgani said:
My address is keepin disappearing after a week of comin back?
wats goin on? my address came back last week n now its disappeared again...

Hope I heard some good news soon :)
InshAllah....mine just went missing once and then never disappeared again...they are not replying to my emails :'(

lonly widout hubby

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
islmabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
sep 2010 &" refill-forms+ repcc) 2nd jan 2012
Nomination.....
RPRF Fee letter "28th march 2012"
AOR Received.
sep 2010 ( dated aug)
File Transfer...
aug 2010
Med's Request
feb 2nd 2012 (remedical ws sent on 28th dec 2011 , but we never recieved it , ask to resend on 24th jan)
Passport Req..
21st july 2012 ! Allah ka shukar !
VISA ISSUED...
11 aug 2012 mashalla see :)
jagooo chcccccccccc jagoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

lonly widout hubby

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
islmabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
sep 2010 ( dated aug)
File Transfer...
aug 2010
Med's Request
feb 2nd 2012 (remedical ws sent on 28th dec 2011 , but we never recieved it , ask to resend on 24th jan)
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
mujhy + 1 chaye .................. pyari bhanoooooooooo aur handsome bhaiyoooooooooooooooooo :p :p :p

lonly widout hubby

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
islmabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
sep 2010 ( dated aug)
File Transfer...
aug 2010
Med's Request
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Danny4450 said:
Congratulations sister .. Finally you can live a normal life now :)
hey
i liked d name u given to visa offce..........hahahhahaha slowestabadddddddddddd hahhahahaahha

B

bestplace4u

Tor-wi said:
For more info, follow this link http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/what-is-the-significant-of-psdec-1-t60304.0.html

For the purpose of calculating processing times, processing only begins when the visa office
determines the application is eligible for processing. The clearest indication of this is with the entry
of “PSDEC 1” (eligible) at the visa office. Once PSDEC 1 is entered, processing time begins.
Accordingly, processing times for Skilled Worker applications are measured from PSDEC 1 to
either SELDEC 5, 6 or FINDEC 1, 2, 4."

PSDEC (Paper Screening Decision) is the first step - basically done as part of the AOR process or immediately after. While the AOR only confirms that you have submitted all required documentation and required fee for your file processing to begin, the PSDEC is the first step in verifying if that documentation meets the requirements of the PR class you apply for and also ensuring other information is available as required . CIC staff also conduct additional checks on parts of your documentation (like calling up employers to verify your experience letters, checking other documentation with relevant authorities like the tax dept., embassies etc). All this is done by different folks in the visa office and some (if not all) of this could be logged in your CAIPS.

Once all these checks are complete (very subjective as it depends on the amount of info you submitted and the sources of that info as well), the file goes to the immigration officer for review/approval. He/she reviews the docs as well as the notes made by the various visa office staff and if he/she is satisfied an IA will be issued along with a medical request. Else, you will get a further document request/interview request based on what they feel the gaps are in your documentation/history. (they may request a medical in parallel to these as well). Security/background checks are random and happen usually after medicals (but there could be exceptions i guess)

The whole process seems to be controlled by Bring Forward dates (BFW) with a bring forward date set each time an action/set of actions is initiated. If those actions complete within the BFW, your file could be picked up for the next step and if the BFW pops without any result from the previous action, the staff check if there are delays in the process and push the bfw back by sometime to allow for this action to complete. BUt what i suspect is happening nowadays is that with the large volumes of applications in the queue, even if an action is complete within the BFW date nothing is done till the BFW date pops and even then it looks like they just extend the BFW date a few more months.
but my case was started at CHC-ISB in June 2010, then in CAIPS PSDEC 1 means passed is in April 2011, so how come they can start my processing time in April 2011. baqi kiya 10 months jhak maari hai kia in junglion ne :-X

saggit19

Jan 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 2010
AOR Received.
March 2010
File Transfer...
March 2010
bestplace4u said:
but my case was started at CHC-ISB in June 2010, then in CAIPS PSDEC 1 means passed is in April 2011, so how come they can start my processing time in April 2011. baqi kiya 10 months jhak maari hai kia in junglion ne :-X
yes bro, same thng hapened with us..we sent our aplication in feb 2010, and our first processing or psdec =1 was done in fev 2011..so yes 1 saal tak jhak maari inho ne :'(

what else does your caips say?? does it give any reason for interview?? what about genuinnes of mariage?

saggit19

Jan 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 2010
AOR Received.
March 2010
File Transfer...
March 2010
PPH said:
congrats :) mashAllah great news!!