Interview........
WAIVED!!
Passport Req..
January,2/2012
VISA ISSUED...
February,9/2012
LANDED..........
February,14,2012
lol women cry men get angry lol we are all strong most days theese days we are weak next week we will be strong. :)

madamadam

Jul 6, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo, Egypt
NOC Code......
????
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-11
Doc's Request.
waived
AOR Received.
19-05-11
IELTS Request
What's an IELTS????
File Transfer...
13-05-11
Med's Request
visa approved before expiry of meds, not requested
Med's Done....
16-02-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-10-11
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-11
LANDED..........
October 29, 2011
I am kind of glad that I'm not the only one who feels like my rights are being trampled too. To Louisa and Trish, hell ya I cry. Often when I'm talking to him on skype. It's just soooooooooooooo frustrating.

I too have harboured thoughts of just going. Dropping everything and leaving for Egypt. He has homes there and a business and always tells me that Egypt would welcome me. Like some of you though, I have children in Canada and cannot leave them. So here I sit; between a rock and a hard place. Be a good mother or be a good wife. My husband is patient, he believes as I do that it would be unpardonable sin for us to put ourselves above the kids, but somedays, it's so hard.

We could have had a child by now and I'm not getting any younger. I really want to fulfill our family together and I'm becoming convinced that I will pass my child-bearing years before he's ever approved. I will not forgive myself if this should happen. I often joke with him that he should have just forbade me to leave Egypt the last time I was there. This would soothe my conscience at least, but not his.

Some nights when we talk on skype, he can't even speak he is so sad. His father just passed away in May and he is alone in Egypt as I am alone in Canada. He works, works and sleeps sometimes. Doesnt eat a lot and has lost weight so badly since we were last together. I feel like the worst wife in the universe. I often ask him if he ever regrets me. He could have married locally and been a father and husband and had companionship when he most needed it. He assures me he could never regret me because there is no woman like me in the world.

Elhamdulellah he says, this time apart has given us ample opportunity to learn more about each other and just how strong our love is.

I just want him. I feel helpless and it's not a feeling I enjoy. I am considering chucking the application and going to Egypt if I have no forward momentum to show by the new year. I cannot live without him you see, and it is plain that he is not living well without me. True love is hard to find, some of us never do find it. I love him like no man in my entire life and he makes me feel safe, comfortable and cherished.

Okay, so that there's some point to my self-pity party; our file was received May 19th, 2011 in Ottawa for processing. I had my sponsorship approval before that. Does ANYONE have any really REALISTIC idea of how much time we have left? Just knowing would help.

Thanks

and ma'salam

Dominique

louisa

Jul 3, 2011
Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb.28/2011 approved for sponsorship
File Transfer...
Mar.11/2011 in cairo/started processing ott-pilot Sept.15/11
Med's Request
Oct.24/2011
Med's Done....
Oct.30/2011/ results received Dec.10/11
Interview........
WAIVED!!
Passport Req..
January,2/2012
VISA ISSUED...
February,9/2012
LANDED..........
February,14,2012
as alot of you on here I have found my soulmate,from the moment I seen my husband in person I felt like I knew him forever, I was married before but I never had this closeness with him in the 19 years of our life together.We would like a child together as well but I am in my risky years and do to complications with my health now it probably won't happen so I know where your coming from in alot of ways, many times I thought of moving to Egypt but I have a daughter here and I am the only child so my parents and daughter depend on me and I can't leave them but who knows what the future holds if this continues. Good news,is one of our group has an interview oct 10 which is a couple weeks behind hubbys application so chin up I feel realistically we won't have to wait the year they seem to be moving us through quickly now which is great. :)

sheila la

Star Member
May 12, 2010
Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18Aug14
Doc's Request.
11Oct14
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Sponsorship Approval 13Jan15, file sent to Cairo
Med's Request
13Jan15
Med's Done....
14Feb15
Interview........
Not Expected as this is a child sponsorship
This thread has been dry lately with news from Cairo. Does anyone have any news? Those whose apps received in Cairo the same day as us? Have you received interview date yet?

madamadam

Jul 6, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo, Egypt
NOC Code......
????
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-11
Doc's Request.
waived
AOR Received.
19-05-11
IELTS Request
What's an IELTS????
File Transfer...
13-05-11
Med's Request
visa approved before expiry of meds, not requested
Med's Done....
16-02-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-10-11
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-11
LANDED..........
October 29, 2011
Hi Sheila

I haven't received a thing out of Cairo at all. In fact, my debacle went a l'il something like this;

I got a letter from CPC Mississauga stating that my sponsorship was approved in early May
The letter stated clearly that my file was being forwarded to Cairo for processing.
In August, still not having any confirmation the file was received, I contacted my local MP who emailed me back to say that my file never went to Cairo.
I called Immigraton in a flat out panic and they told me that my file had been sent to Ottawa for processing instead.
I asked or a confirmation number and a client ID so I could check online and they said they didn't have one yet.
They did however confirm our file as processing as of the approval date of May 19th (some correspondence says May 09th, some May 19th)
On September 27th, I received a letter witih the Client ID and an 'official' statement the file was processing in Ottawa as of May 09th.
The CIC website says my file was received May 19th

.......you see what I'm getting at.

Anyhow, no word at all since then. I was kind of hoping they'd move things along quicker because of the rising unrest in the region. No joy yet.

Dominique the frustrated.

Mels

Star Member
Feb 13, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/07/2010
AOR Received.
21/01/2011
File Transfer...
13/01/2011
Med's Request
28/10/2011
Med's Done....
08/10/2010 and 13/11/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03/01/2012
VISA ISSUED...
09/02/2012
LANDED..........
15/03/2012
Hi Sheila!

I must admit that when you received your interview date... Me and my husband got very excited that we might be next but ... Still nothing :(

I have hope that we will have some type of news before the end of this month *crosses her fingures*

I think we waited enough (since july 2010)!

Keep us posted on ur interview Sheila !!!
~ Mels

sheila la

Star Member
May 12, 2010
Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18Aug14
Doc's Request.
11Oct14
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
13Jan15
Med's Done....
14Feb15
Interview........
Mido, just wondering when they schedule interview, did they ask you to bring your passport?

sheila la

Star Member
May 12, 2010
Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18Aug14
Doc's Request.
11Oct14
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
13Jan15
Med's Done....
14Feb15
Interview........
Mels said:
Hi Sheila!

I must admit that when you received your interview date... Me and my husband got very excited that we might be next but ... Still nothing :(

I have hope that we will have some type of news before the end of this month *crosses her fingures*

I think we waited enough (since july 2010)!

Keep us posted on ur interview Sheila !!!
~ Mels
Me too Mel. I thought we would start to see Cairo moving, especially those that were received the same day as ours. Keep your fingers crossed, you should hear something soon.

louisa

Jul 3, 2011
Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Oct.24/2011
Med's Done....
Interview........
WAIVED!!
Passport Req..
January,2/2012
VISA ISSUED...
February,9/2012
LANDED..........
February,14,2012
Mels I'm confused about your case, did you get accepted in july and it took until jan 2011 to get the papers to Cairo??

sheila la

Star Member
May 12, 2010
Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18Aug14
Doc's Request.
11Oct14
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
13Jan15
Med's Done....
14Feb15
Interview........
madamadam said:
Hi Sheila

I haven't received a thing out of Cairo at all. In fact, my debacle went a l'il something like this;

I got a letter from CPC Mississauga stating that my sponsorship was approved in early May
The letter stated clearly that my file was being forwarded to Cairo for processing.
In August, still not having any confirmation the file was received, I contacted my local MP who emailed me back to say that my file never went to Cairo.
I called Immigraton in a flat out panic and they told me that my file had been sent to Ottawa for processing instead.
I asked or a confirmation number and a client ID so I could check online and they said they didn't have one yet.
They did however confirm our file as processing as of the approval date of May 19th (some correspondence says May 09th, some May 19th)
On September 27th, I received a letter witih the Client ID and an 'official' statement the file was processing in Ottawa as of May 09th.
The CIC website says my file was received May 19th

.......you see what I'm getting at.

Anyhow, no word at all since then. I was kind of hoping they'd move things along quicker because of the rising unrest in the region. No joy yet.

Dominique the frustrated.
Hang in there dominique, I know this is frustrating but your time will come. Ours will be 12 months in January and I think since they moved the files to Ottawa, maybe they will move faster.

Mels

Star Member
Feb 13, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/07/2010
AOR Received.
21/01/2011
File Transfer...
13/01/2011
Med's Request
28/10/2011
Med's Done....
08/10/2010 and 13/11/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03/01/2012
VISA ISSUED...
09/02/2012
LANDED..........
15/03/2012
Mels I'm confused about your case, did you get accepted in july and it took until jan 2011 to get the papers to Cairo??
I have sent/started my sponsorship request on july 2010 but because I forgot to add certain information in the package (I'm from quebec so it is a little different then the rest of canada) I was able to get all info missing info by December which this was why it was sent to Cairo at the same time as Lapula and Sheila la :)

I actually got accepted for sponsorship on January 13 2011 but my case was open in july 2010.

~ Mels

louisa

Jul 3, 2011
Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Oct.24/2011
Med's Done....
Interview........
WAIVED!!
Passport Req..
January,2/2012
VISA ISSUED...
February,9/2012
LANDED..........
February,14,2012
awwwwww mels that makes it so much more frustrating..my hubby and I are married for two years and 4 months but we tried the visting visa first and I regret getting him to try after knowing what I know now because it's too hard and costs too much money that could have went on immigration instead so he had to save up money to proceed with immigration and that is why we started so late and now we are a wreck from being apart so long.

by the way it' been a week now since he emailed the paper immigration requested and we still heard nothing back I'm on edge all the time and I'm like some nut checking this site many times daily for updates.

A

ameenah06

Is a military certificate necessary to send with the application? My husband is currently being evaluated for that. We had someone from the military visit our house and interview us, he said 90% my husband won't be going to the military because he's married to a Canadian, but it could take months for them to give us confirmation. We have most of our papers ready now to send to Canada.

louisa

Jul 3, 2011
Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Oct.24/2011
Med's Done....
Interview........
WAIVED!!
Passport Req..
January,2/2012
VISA ISSUED...
February,9/2012
LANDED..........
February,14,2012
call immigration canada and ask them this question then you can be sure.

lapula

Star Member
Apr 28, 2010
Dear all,

we arranged a prepaid package online with UPS.After having no status updates on a package for 5 days,we contacted UPS office in Cairo.Guess what?!They had no idea about our order.How is it possible?Why no one contacted us?!A lot of questions,unfortunetly no answers.So disappointed ,we called customer service and basically redid the whole order once again.When you do the order online there is an option where you can send an electronic label to anyone you want ,at first we sent it to visa section ,maybe that was our mistake ,we still have no clue,second time we sent a label to a UPS representative in Cairo.This was 1 part of this confusion.
Second part was -a refusal of giving my hubby;s passport without a file number.In an e-mail from embassy was not mentioned that we have to provide a file number ....anyways after couple e-mails between UPS agent and hubby ,passport was finally picked up.

Now package is Canada ,in Lachine ,in Montreal.Scheduled delivery was Friday by the end of the day.Because of long weekend we have to wait until Tuesday.

I wrote this so you guys will be more careful,not to make same mistakes.

All the best,cheers

Lapula