Category........
Visa Office......
cairo, egypt
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 5, 2011
Hi Sheilah La and EVERYONE....

First Congratulations Sheilah your husband will be with you so soon InshaAllah and Alhumdulillah!!
I wish I could even hear something....I sent my application with my lawyer in july 1st and they recieved it July 5th and its now September 30 basically and I havent heard nothing not even a letter saying anything at all...im getting frustrated as well...and I agree with many of you that these immigration officers are kinda heartless indeed!! There's days when i'm at work and it's slow, all I do is think of my husband and him being here finally with me so that we can finally really just be with each other each day day making our life together... Some days its so frustrating, when i see couples come in the place i work at and they are shopping together speaking and holding hands....ughhh i miss my husband even more.
How are these people taking so long to process a file...I understand the time it takes ok, but like hire more people or something to work in the office....lol.....im kidding im just getting annoyed....

don't mind me...lol

Sheila La... once your husband brings these things at his interview what they want, and they are satisfied with it, which i'm so sure they will, everything will be just fine!!!
InshaALLAH!!

I will also keep everyone updated if I hear something soon, InshaAllah I will.
Allah bless you all.
-Mish

madamadam

Jul 6, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo, Egypt
NOC Code......
????
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-11
Doc's Request.
waived
AOR Received.
19-05-11
IELTS Request
What's an IELTS????
File Transfer...
13-05-11
Med's Request
visa approved before expiry of meds, not requested
Med's Done....
16-02-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-10-11
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-11
LANDED..........
October 29, 2011
I know how you feel. I get a wierd sense of frustrated angry depression when I see a couple laughing and holding hands and remember being like this with my husband. It'ssonal lives this way. been so long since we saw each other now. I feel like nobody should have the right to mess with our personal lives this way.......I think the system is messed up.

For instance.

I was born in the U.K. I had my uncle look into how long immigration takes for married couples over there. From beginning to end, the entire process takes 8 weeks. The government in the U.K. does it opposite the way they do in Canada.

They don't feel it's right to separate a newly married couple, so they grant the visa quickly and then check up on the couple in two years t
o discern whether the marriage is valid. I would have preferred that. I can understand the reasons for them checking, but much MUCH would have preferred to be allowed this first year of our marriage together.

My approval letter was received May 19th, though for some reason the CIC website says May 9th...(Not going to argue, it's ten days earlier). It took until September 27th for them to get a letter to me with his personal case ID number on it. That's FIVE MONTHS for a letter to come and not from Cairo folks........from OTTAWA in my own country!!

Since then, the website just mocks me with "RECEIVED" and nothing else. Well at least he's officially on there now. FIVE MONTHS though from actual date of receipt to getting a letter. I think they will indeed take a whole year to process his application. I don't know if I will survive that long without him. I am heartbroken, frustrated, disappointed and so darn impatient.

sheila la

Star Member
May 12, 2010
Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18Aug14
Doc's Request.
11Oct14
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Sponsorship Approval 13Jan15, file sent to Cairo
Med's Request
13Jan15
Med's Done....
14Feb15
Interview........
Not Expected as this is a child sponsorship
madamadam said:
I know how you feel. I get a wierd sense of frustrated angry depression when I see a couple laughing and holding hands and remember being like this with my husband. It'ssonal lives this way. been so long since we saw each other now. I feel like nobody should have the right to mess with our personal lives this way.......I think the system is messed up.

For instance.

I was born in the U.K. I had my uncle look into how long immigration takes for married couples over there. From beginning to end, the entire process takes 8 weeks. The government in the U.K. does it opposite the way they do in Canada.

They don't feel it's right to separate a newly married couple, so they grant the visa quickly and then check up on the couple in two years t
o discern whether the marriage is valid. I would have preferred that. I can understand the reasons for them checking, but much MUCH would have preferred to be allowed this first year of our marriage together.

My approval letter was received May 19th, though for some reason the CIC website says May 9th...(Not going to argue, it's ten days earlier). It took until September 27th for them to get a letter to me with his personal case ID number on it. That's FIVE MONTHS for a letter to come and not from Cairo folks........from OTTAWA in my own country!!

Since then, the website just mocks me with "RECEIVED" and nothing else. Well at least he's officially on there now. FIVE MONTHS though from actual date of receipt to getting a letter. I think they will indeed take a whole year to process his application. I don't know if I will survive that long without him. I am heartbroken, frustrated, disappointed and so darn impatient.
Thanks Mish

I understand madam. It's a feeling that follows us through this whole process and doesn't end until our loved ones are safe in Canada with us. I guess the thing I keep in mind in this journey is that Canada is the greatest country in the world and our government does everything they can to make it safe for us. I guess England does also but they have many terrorist attacks there that we do not experience here and it likely is the result of the work immigration and CBSA and our intelligence community does. Also Canada is a very generous nation giving our immigrants the same benefits it gives to it's citizens which makes it a highly desireable place to live. That makes the fraud people will committ to get here more likely. I know it's a long wait but the benefits will far outweigh the wait. Remember we have each other here for support and strength and the love of our husbands and wives will get us through this.

mish29

Sep 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
cairo, egypt
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 5, 2011
Yes, Sheliah, I agree with everything you said for sure, and even though Alhumdulillah there's this site where we can communicate with others who are in the same situation, I think no matter what good these immigration officers are doing for our country, doesn't take away the fact that we miss our loved ones like crazy.. :)
But I do agree like I said with you about all the great laws and procedures these immigration officers have to do, and go through to bring our love ones to us.

I hope, InshaAllah everyone here's GREAT news so soon!!!
Have a wonderful week everyone!

-Mish

mish29

Sep 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
cairo, egypt
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 5, 2011
madam,

are you in mississauga?

louisa

Jul 3, 2011
Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb.28/2011 approved for sponsorship
File Transfer...
Mar.11/2011 in cairo/started processing ott-pilot Sept.15/11
Med's Request
Oct.24/2011
Med's Done....
Oct.30/2011/ results received Dec.10/11
Interview........
WAIVED!!
Passport Req..
January,2/2012
VISA ISSUED...
February,9/2012
LANDED..........
February,14,2012
I agree with you all it's been heartbreaking being without my husband and remembering how good we are together makes the time apart so painful. There is room for alot of changes for sure most of the problem is fraudulent marriages and this new change they are proposing would be a great help to all us true marriages.Just in case anyone hasn't read it yet I'm pasting it here.

Proposed changes for spousal sponsorships

Wednesday, 30 March 2011 Category Federal Immigration

As Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) and the Government of Canada have noticed an increase in the number of fraudulent marriages, they are proposing changes for the Family Class immigration category, specifically for spousal sponsorships.

Under the Family Class category, Canadian permanent residents and citizens are able to sponsor their spouse or common-law partner (non-Canadian) for Canadian permanent residency. Currently, once a spouse/partner lands in Canada as a permanent resident, they are not obliged to stay with their spouse/partner.

The Government of Canada is proposing to impose a “conditional permanent residence” for non-Canadian spouses or partners who have been in a relationship with their Canadian sponsor for two years or less. The newcomer would have to remain in the relationship with their Canadian sponsor for two years upon their arrival in Canada. If the newcomer decides to leave his/her spouse/partner, the permanent residence status would be revoked, which may result in their removal from Canada.

The second change would impose a “sponsorship bar”. Sponsored spouses or partners would not be able to sponsor a new spouse/partner for at least five years.

The Government of Canada is accepting comments from the public regarding the proposed changes for the next 30 days.

Canadavisa.com will report on any more changes once they have been announced.

madamadam

Jul 6, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo, Egypt
NOC Code......
????
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-11
Doc's Request.
waived
AOR Received.
19-05-11
IELTS Request
What's an IELTS????
File Transfer...
13-05-11
Med's Request
Med's Done....
16-02-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-10-11
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-11
LANDED..........
October 29, 2011
@Mish,

No Mish, I'm in London. You?

madamadam

Jul 6, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo, Egypt
NOC Code......
????
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-11
Doc's Request.
waived
AOR Received.
19-05-11
IELTS Request
What's an IELTS????
File Transfer...
13-05-11
Med's Request
Med's Done....
16-02-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-10-11
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-11
LANDED..........
October 29, 2011
I don't have a problem with that as new law at all.

I would have preferred it, because like all of us that are in true marriages, it's well worth it to shorten the wait. If they want to check on me in two years, I'd be more than happy to have them over for tea and crumpets with the hubby and I. :p
ion
That's what they do in the U.K. presently. They let them in quicker, but check on them in (I think it's 18 months). If the marriage is not existing at this time the residency if revoked. Wouldn't that be the more humane way to do things? I mean, yeah.......I know they have a responsibility to make sure a marriage is valid, but like many of us, my marriage is true and all of us who have true marriages are being penalized for the idiots that abuse the system.

We live in a country where the law proposes "innocent unless proven guilty" this is not French law (guilty until proven innocent). We are being judged guilty because of a few bad apples and I don't find it fair at all. I know my husand and I enjoy a really rock-solid relationship and really love each other like crazy. Even with the strength of our love, the strain has bee stupendous!!! How do couples NOT in love survive this period? It's enough to make me go through varying stages of depession, hopefulness, elation, exasperation and even flat out anger. Why does a newly married couple have to bear a strain like this in the first years of their relationship??

As I said, much preferrable to me not to be judged by someone else's yardstick. That's like being a cop at a stop sign and catching one driver jumping the stop and then making the illogical conclusion that all or most drivers will jump the same stop. It's not just.

louisa

Jul 3, 2011
Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Oct.24/2011
Med's Done....
Interview........
WAIVED!!
Passport Req..
January,2/2012
VISA ISSUED...
February,9/2012
LANDED..........
February,14,2012
I agree with you 100% and they don't seem to care about us canadians with a canadian man or woman who is an ass, there is no laws to protect us from them lol

I'm tired of being without my husband we shouldn't be punished for the bad ones out there.

madamadam

Jul 6, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo, Egypt
NOC Code......
????
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-11
Doc's Request.
waived
AOR Received.
19-05-11
IELTS Request
What's an IELTS????
File Transfer...
13-05-11
Med's Request
Med's Done....
16-02-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-10-11
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-11
LANDED..........
October 29, 2011
:-* :-* We know how good we have it though. Even through all of this, he's worth the wait. I only hope he thinks I am too!!! :eek: There are so many things every day that I see or experience that I think "Ahh, I wish Mida could be here to share this with me" :( What right do WE have AS Canadians to pursue our lifestyles with the partner of our choice and why is this impinged upon so blatantly??

I used to work in a women's shelter. Didn't see any victims of Arab husbands, mostly normal, decent everyday women like us. Some from poor backgrounds, some from surprisingly affluent ones. What about women who (like me) have children from a marriage that didn't work out and have never received a penny in child support?? How about we ship THOSE men out and bring our good ones in....:p Just a suggestion LOL!

mish29

Sep 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
cairo, egypt
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 5, 2011
Madam i'm in Mississuaga. The reason I asked, was because we could of go out for tea or coffee together. It would be really nice to actually sit and talk and hang out with someone who actually understands exactly what we are going through, in our situation.
Maybe oneday, InshaAllah. :) I really agree with what you all are saying, gosh it's so hard to be away for so long from our husbands. I was just telling my husband last night that, I can't believe how this process is so long, how can they keep us away from each other so long like this, its so heart breaking, and lately i find myself crying a lot, not because i'm weak, but because its tuff... every time I think of not having him here with me and my daughter its sad.
I agree with you, when you said it can cause depression, and especially our weather is getting like winter now...makes it worst, at least for me.
I just continue to pray, and not only for me, but for all of us and when my husband does come to me, InshaAllah, I will still continue to pray for people all over this world, who are in our same situation, and may God protect and guide them safely to their loved ones.

Stay strong friends!! :)

spirit-88

Dec 26, 2010
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Cairo
App. Filed.......
16-March-2015
Doc's Request.
10-Nov-2015
AOR Received.
21-April-2015
File Transfer...
09-June-2015
Med's Done....
25-Nov-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-Jan-2016 Sent passport on: 20-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-Feb-2016
LANDED..........
3-March-2016 FINALLY!
Madam, you're saying how a newly married couple would servive! that's me and my husband :( , we haven't been suffering from this for a year or two, we know each other since 2004, we first met at our college and got engaged to him in 2007, he traveled to canada one week after our engagement and finished his study and worked there, he couldn't come for vacations cuz of the army in Egypt that he might not be able to travel back to canada and He couldn't marry me with his work permit status cuz his father threatened him to get the PR first as if he thinks it's the best thing in the world ! if we were married with work permit status I would have traveled to him within 2 weeks and would have been together now, got our both PR's and even had a kid or two :(

So we stayed apart for 3 years and he married me in February 2011 after he got his PR and stayed with me only two months till then end of March 2011, he traveled back to Canada and started this frustrating process, I feel I know my husband for ages and we still couldn't start our life together :( This is so depressing to me and him, he can't take care of him self well without me he keeps eating Macdonalds and telling me i'm gonna die of this junk food, I don't know why this process takes so long and bad luck that 2011 is the longest time line for it, May God gather all of us with our spouses and grant us a great life in the future to forget all the pain we had before.

louisa

Jul 3, 2011
Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Oct.24/2011
Med's Done....
Interview........
WAIVED!!
Passport Req..
January,2/2012
VISA ISSUED...
February,9/2012
LANDED..........
February,14,2012
God Willing.... I cried the whole day yesterday it comes and goes this feeling of helplessness, we are married 2 years 5 months now and known each other for 3 years 4 months its been along process and him and I are so frustrated and very alone....I wish all people in immigration had to endure this sort of relationship with their spouses so they can feel our pain. :'(

mish29

Sep 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
cairo, egypt
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 5, 2011
Louisa,

I did the same thing last night or actually this morning. I just want to go to Egypt now and say forget it all I will just live there with you. But it's not a simple possibility for me. I have my job here and my daughter. This is sooooooooooooo HARD. We all have to figure out a solution for us to be so strong, and keep our mind straight and ourselves strong. My love for my husband is more than deep..more than love, if there is such a thing. I know that doesn't take away the fact that we are all missing our love ones, but there has to be something we can do to encourage each other. I know I sound like this is easy, trust me i know this is not easy. ahhhhh what to do, what to doooo.

Does anyone know about this new processing time they will be changing in October 26th?? If it will be longer or shorter?
hmmmmm :/

freshprince60

May 25, 2011
people u r making me almost crying.
be strong it is just a matter of time and patience
next month will be a year already since me and my wife applied so it's like our a application anniversary and i am waiting for a present may be .....lol
so plz all of you be positive and inshaa allah we will all get what we want?
regards all