February 1,2016
Passport Req..
April 15,2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 27,2016
LANDED..........
April 28,2016
hussy74 said:
Two simple answers to your simple questions.

Answer 1. You do not have to wait for GCMS. Call CIC call center and say exactly what I say here "I am planning on applying for BOWP as my wp expires within 4 months from now. While filling out the online questionnaire it asked me if I have received approval in principal or first stage approval or positive eligibility assessment. It also asks if CIC has informed you regarding the approval. Also while reading the requirements for BOWP on CIC websiteit came to my attention that for a BOWP my eligibility has to be passed. It would be appreciated if you can help me check that so that I may apply for my BOWP." They would not say no to you. Also tell them about your PR application timeline. Once they inform you that yes you have passed the eligibility, note down the agent's name and agent id and date/time of call to mention on the letter of explanation for BOWP.

Answer 2. You can NOT apply for BOWP at the border. It is stated on their website. You can apply for T13 closed work permit at the border though but for that you require offer of employment letter (Submitted online by employer) and employer compliance fees paid by employer. What you can do is if you are planning a trip outsite of Canada and on your way back you can request the officer to kindly see if he can give an extension to your work permit. DO NOT go to the border with less than 30 days remaining on your current WP.

Hope this all helps.
Called CIC and agent was very rude. He said that if my BF's eligibility was "passed" that he would receive a letter telling him that he was approved. I pushed a bit saying approved was not the same as his eligibility being passed, and finally he put me on hold for a few minutes and came back and said that he was not set to 'Passed" yet and said again that we would know because he would get a letter and that he would see it when he checks his on line status.

I know there isn't a letter that tells people their eligibility is passed and that the only way is by seeing your GCMS notes. I am not even sure if he knew what I was talking about, I think he may have thought that "eligibility passed" was the same as being Approved. My understanding is that they are not the same. So I am doubtful he even checked the right thing.

When I told him that I have read on a forum and nobody gets any letter about being their eligibility being passed he said "If you believe everything you read on those forums instead of what I am telling you then you are....". I think he was gonna call me stupid but stopped himself.

We are going to ask his employer if they can pay that fee for another employer specific WP. He was told last year that they couldn't pay the fee but we managed to get paper work together 2 days before the fee started and got the employer specific WP before the compliance fee started. If his employer says "no" again then he will apply for the BOWP and hope that if his eligibility is not set to passed (although I am not even sure to believe the CIC agent when he said it wasn't because I think he believes that Passed and Approved are the same and he looked to see if he was approved not at the GCMS to see if his eligibility was "passed") that it will be soon or at least by the time they look at his BOWP application. At least he will be on implied status during that time. He is also going to request his GCMS notes so we can look at them ourselves. Like I said I have a feeling the agent didn't even look at his GCMS notes.

hussy74

Dec 15, 2014
Mbgirlfriend said:
Called CIC and agent was very rude. He said that if my BF's eligibility was "passed" that he would receive a letter telling him that he was approved. I pushed a bit saying approved was not the same as his eligibility being passed, and finally he put me on hold for a few minutes and came back and said that he was not set to 'Passed" yet and said again that we would know because he would get a letter and that he would see it when he checks his on line status.

I know there isn't a letter that tells people their eligibility is passed and that the only way is by seeing your GCMS notes. I am not even sure if he knew what I was talking about, I think he may have thought that "eligibility passed" was the same as being Approved. My understanding is that they are not the same. So I am doubtful he even checked the right thing.

When I told him that I have read on a forum and nobody gets any letter about being their eligibility being passed he said "If you believe everything you read on those forums instead of what I am telling you then you are....". I think he was gonna call me stupid but stopped himself.

We are going to ask his employer if they can pay that fee for another employer specific WP. He was told last year that they couldn't pay the fee but we managed to get paper work together 2 days before the fee started and got the employer specific WP before the compliance fee started. If his employer says "no" again then he will apply for the BOWP and hope that if his eligibility is not set to passed (although I am not even sure to believe the CIC agent when he said it wasn't because I think he believes that Passed and Approved are the same and he looked to see if he was approved not at the GCMS to see if his eligibility was "passed") that it will be soon or at least by the time they look at his BOWP application. At least he will be on implied status during that time. He is also going to request his GCMS notes so we can look at them ourselves. Like I said I have a feeling the agent didn't even look at his GCMS notes.
Call again

sf1234

Star Member
Jul 27, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2014
AOR Received.
08-01-2015
Med's Request
05-02-2016
Med's Done....
06-02-2016 RPRF Upfront..: 07-03-2016
Passport Req..
13-05-2016
LANDED..........
28-07-2016
hey guys,

the application processing times page was updated today and it currently says they are working on applications submitted on Sept 3?
I am an August 22 BOWP online applicant and there has been no updates on my application. did they just jump over??

OhWow

Oct 17, 2015
sf1234 said:
hey guys,

the application processing times page was updated today and it currently says they are working on applications submitted on Sept 3?
I am an August 22 BOWP online applicant and there has been no updates on my application. did they just jump over??
I would not worry about this. The last update on the processing time page was on December 22 where it said August 12 applications. I think, they have just reached as far as to September 3 applicants and you are in the middle of Aug 12-Sep 3, i.e. covered in this sprint.

Kota1978

Jan 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney,Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Sep-2014
AOR Received.
30-Jan-2015
Med's Request
24-Feb-2016
Med's Done....
07-Mar-2016
Interview........
RPRF email on Mar-03-2016, paid same day.
Passport Req..
14-Apr-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-May-2016
LANDED..........
15-May-2016--Yipee!!!!
sf1234 said:
hey guys,

Same thing happened with me last time & I got approved after 2 weeks of posted processing time.

Nothing is in our hand, Hope for the best, during Holiday season you can expect delays.

When contacted Customer care they said sometimes if first officer is not OK with your application someone else would review & that put you in delay. No need to worry,If you have provided all documents. Enjoy this season & Merry Christmas!!

sf1234

Star Member
Jul 27, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2014
AOR Received.
08-01-2015
Med's Request
05-02-2016
Med's Done....
06-02-2016 RPRF Upfront..: 07-03-2016
Passport Req..
13-05-2016
LANDED..........
28-07-2016
Thanks. It makes sense. I just didn't expect a jump from August 12 to September 3 that fast.
Happy holidays to you and everyone here!

ABS_1382

May 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Doc's Request.
All docs sent with the file...
AOR Received.
18-02-2015
Med's Done....
08-03-2016 (Upfront - Med and RPRF)
Passport Req..
14-04-2016, Passport Sent: 18-04-2016, Received Back: 04-05-2016
Hello Friends,

Any BOWP approvals in last couple of weeks?

Thanks

kamatmahesh

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Toronto
Guys

I applied for my BOWP for my wife and I in September 2015. I know we are both eligible for one year on the BOWP as I have completed my 3 years on the post graduate work permit- my spouse is on my dependent.

Looking at the current timelines, my hunch is I may have to apply for a second BOWP sometime next year if CEC still holds me up and there is no decision made. This is the worst case scenario , I want to be prepared for.

Can you please advise if I will get a second BOWP , if so then for what duration after completing 4 full years of work in Canada

Cheers
Mahesh

canadacec1234

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
2172-2174
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Aug-2014
Doc's Request.
22-Jan-2016 (PCC)
AOR Received.
12-Dec-2014
Med's Request
21-Jan-2016
Med's Done....
29-Jan-2016 Med's Rec'd....: 08-Feb-2016 RPRF Request.: 25-Feb-2016 RPRF Paid......: 25-Feb-2016
Passport Req..
02-Mar-2016 Passport Rec'd: 21-Mar-2016
VISA ISSUED...
07-Mar-2016
LANDED..........
25-Mar-2016
kamatmahesh said:
Guys

I applied for my BOWP for my wife and I in September 2015. I know we are both eligible for one year on the BOWP as I have completed my 3 years on the post graduate work permit- my spouse is on my dependent.

Looking at the current timelines, my hunch is I may have to apply for a second BOWP sometime next year if CEC still holds me up and there is no decision made. This is the worst case scenario , I want to be prepared for.

Can you please advise if I will get a second BOWP , if so then for what duration after completing 4 full years of work in Canada

Cheers
Mahesh
Hi kamatmahesh,

As long as your work experience is in skill level A, then you dont have to worry about the 4 year work limit. The limit is only for class B and the below. So you would apply your second BOWP sames as your first and there is nothing to worry. I have posted similar advise earlier with more details I dont remember when but you are in good position as your noc 2171 falls into skill level A.

Thanks,
Sai

kamatmahesh

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Toronto
Thanks Sai. That makes me feel comfortable :)

So, you're saying I will get my first BOWP for 1 year and again when (and if) I apply for my second BOWP again , I will again get that for 1 additional year, correct ?

Mahesh

canadacec1234

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
2172-2174
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Aug-2014
Doc's Request.
22-Jan-2016 (PCC)
AOR Received.
12-Dec-2014
Med's Request
21-Jan-2016
Med's Done....
29-Jan-2016 Med's Rec'd....: 08-Feb-2016 RPRF Request.: 25-Feb-2016 RPRF Paid......: 25-Feb-2016
Passport Req..
02-Mar-2016 Passport Rec'd: 21-Mar-2016
VISA ISSUED...
07-Mar-2016
LANDED..........
25-Mar-2016
kamatmahesh said:
Thanks Sai. That makes me feel comfortable :)

So, you're saying I will get my first BOWP for 1 year and again when (and if) I apply for my second BOWP again , I will again get that for 1 additional year, correct ?

Mahesh
That's right.

c2h5oh

Apr 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2014
Doc's Request.
21-02-2015
AOR Received.
11-08-2014
Med's Request
11-02-2015
Med's Done....
24-02-2015
Passport Req..
visa-exempt
VISA ISSUED...
25-01-2016
LANDED..........
15-02-2016
canadacec1234 said:
As long as your work experience is in skill level A, then you dont have to worry about the 4 year work limit. The limit is only for class B and the below. So you would apply your second BOWP sames as your first and there is nothing to worry. I have posted similar advise earlier with more details I dont remember when but you are in good position as your noc 2171 falls into skill level A.
As far as I know BOWP bypasses the 4 year limit regardless of skill level.

muskwa

Dec 4, 2015
When applying online for BOWP how do you upload your AOR? It only asks for you to upload the application form, passport, and photo.

joolery

Aug 13, 2014
Calgary
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2014
AOR Received.
19-11-2014
Med's Request
12-01-2016
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
Decision Made - 29-02-2016 (Visa Exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2016
LANDED..........
18-03-2016
muskwa said:
When applying online for BOWP how do you upload your AOR? It only asks for you to upload the application form, passport, and photo.
In the additional details letter or whatever it is called.

adaytoremember

Sep 18, 2014
muskwa said:
I mentioned receiving my AOR (and gave the actual number) in my letter of explanation, as well as taking a screenshot of my AOR email and inserting that picture into the same word document as my letter of explanation.