18-JUL-2011
Passport Req..
April 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 25, 2013
LANDED..........
April 25, 2013
curt_cobain said:
http://www.cicsimmigration.com/federal-government-loses-legal-battle-over-900-cases-in-application-backlog/

It seems justice Rennie instructed to finalize one specific application by October 14th.

Although from trackitt record it seems PNP stream is not moving forward.
Any comments on this:

http://metronews.ca/news/canada/264035/ottawa-loses-legal-battle-over-immigration-backlog/

I think you are correct.

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
Feb applicant just got PPR on trackitt ...

shaikhaffi

Jan 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-DEC-2010
Nomination.....
10-OCT-2010
AOR Received.
15-JUL-2011
File Transfer...
16-MAY-2012 -- CPP Ottawa
Med's Request
15-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
18-JUL-2011
Passport Req..
April 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 25, 2013
LANDED..........
April 25, 2013
sharuu said:
Feb applicant just got PPR on trackitt ...
was it from Ottawa?

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
shaikhaffi said:
was it from Ottawa?
Yes, hes a CEC Applicant. But, its not like our cases, but he applied nearly 1 year after me and got PPR before me!

Edmontonbound

Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 10, 2012
Nomination.....
Dec 07, 2011
AOR Received.
May 23, 2012
Med's Request
May 23 2012
Med's Done....
May 29, 2012 In Process.......:May 31, 2013
Passport Req..
Sep 04, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 03, 2013 PP Received w/ visa Oct 04, 2013
LANDED..........
Oct 18, 2013
Although it has been communicated that Federal court has ordered the timely processing of all the pending applications, the practical problem is that backlog is huge. To tackle this problem, Federal court has also given a solution that process all the applications of the higher priority first till October 14, 2012 thus giving prospect to other candidates of process of their application with in time to come.

What exactly is meant by "higher priority"? I'm so confused. I'm worried if it would delay our application processing time. Please chime in.

Thanks.

dothk

Star Member
Feb 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo--> Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-28-2011
AOR Received.
31-08-2011
Med's Request
20-09-2011
Med's Done....
27-09-2011
Passport Req..
21-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-08-2012
LANDED..........
01-09-2012
Edmontonbound said:
Although it has been communicated that Federal court has ordered the timely processing of all the pending applications, the practical problem is that backlog is huge. To tackle this problem, Federal court has also given a solution that process all the applications of the higher priority first till October 14, 2012 thus giving prospect to other candidates of process of their application with in time to come.

What exactly is meant by "higher priority"? I'm so confused. I'm worried if it would delay our application processing time. Please chime in.

Thanks.
I dont think the applicants with "higher priority" apply to us.

Jul 11, 2012
Folks,

I am PNP Applicant, and i have done my medical last year in June. I am waiting for my PR, i am really sick and tired with current employer but i heard i have to stay with employer until i get my PR. I was nominated by Ontario in October 2010, I applied under International Student with Offer letter stream. I don't know when i will get PR and it is driving me crazy with current employer on other hand i am been offered very competitive jobs. Have anyone experienced similar issue, i will really appreciate your input on the matter. Thanks.

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
KnowledgeSeeker said:
Folks,

I am PNP Applicant, and i have done my medical last year in June. I am waiting for my PR, i am really sick and tired with current employer but i heard i have to stay with employer until i get my PR. I was nominated by Ontario in October 2010, I applied under International Student with Offer letter stream. I don't know when i will get PR and it is driving me crazy with current employer on other hand i am been offered very competitive jobs. Have anyone experienced similar issue, i will really appreciate your input on the matter. Thanks.
There is not much you can do than wait. Try applying for GCMS Notes to get a better idea of where your file is and any due dates, to get some idea when you should be expecting anything!

curt_cobain

Jan 31, 2012
Does anyone know how long the passport has to be valid when ppr is issued. Looking at the trend I don't think I will get ppr in next 4 to 6 months. My passport will expire in next year. So I have to get a new passport (machine readable). The one I have used in PR application is hand written and my country is not renewing it any more. Will that be an issue if I get a machine readable passport with old passport attach to it? Also my work permit will expire next year. I have applied in master's stream. What will happen if the post graduate work permit expired before they send me the PR request? looking forward to your valuable advice.

Thanks a bunch

Jul 11, 2012
sharuu said:
There is not much you can do than wait. Try applying for GCMS Notes to get a better idea of where your file is and any due dates, to get some idea when you should be expecting anything!
Thanks Sharuu for the reply, but i already have waited three months, Due date on my GCMS is already passed and my medical is going to expire in next week too but still no news on PR.. wait is killing me man.. i can't take stress of work as well of PR.. I know Alberta and BC applicants are asked for proof of employment when they are requested for passport but i haven't seen any Ontario PNP case who is asked for proof of employment in PPR request.. Ontario PNP FAQ doesn't have that question either however its very common scenario in today's tight economy however BC and Alberta PNP does specify what to do if you get layed off or changed your employer while PR (PNP) in process.. its so confusing..

Jul 11, 2012
curt_cobain said:
Does anyone know how long the passport has to be valid when ppr is issued. Looking at the trend I don't think I will get ppr in next 4 to 6 months. My passport will expire in next year. So I have to get a new passport (machine readable). The one I have used in PR application is hand written and my country is not renewing it any more. Will that be an issue if I get a machine readable passport with old passport attach to it? Also my work permit will expire next year. I have applied in master's stream. What will happen if the post graduate work permit expired before they send me the PR request? looking forward to your valuable advice.

Thanks a bunch
If you are PNP then you can get closed work permit based on PNP certificate, so don't worry about the work permit you will get in 7 working days when you apply for it online.. for passports i think its doesn't matter whether or not the renewable passport is machine readable or manual as long as you send them photocopies of both passports to VO after you renew it... my case is opposite of yours, i applied for PR on machine readable passport and it was expired in May so renewed my passport but unfortunately my country's embassy in Ottawa gives manual passport i had no choice but to apply for it... anyways i sent VO the updates but didn't hear anything from them..

curt_cobain

Jan 31, 2012
KnowledgeSeeker said:
If you are PNP then you can get closed work permit based on PNP certificate, so don't worry about the work permit you will get in 7 working days when you apply for it online.. for passports i think its doesn't matter whether or not the renewable passport is machine readable or manual as long as you send them photocopies of both passports to VO after you renew it... my case is opposite of yours, i applied for PR on machine readable passport and it was expired in May so renewed my passport but unfortunately my country's embassy in Ottawa gives manual passport i had no choice but to apply for it... anyways i sent VO the updates but didn't hear anything from them..
Thank you for your reply. It was very helpful. I don't know anything about close work permit. Do I get the close work permit even if I don't have a job during that time?

Thanks

Jul 11, 2012
curt_cobain said:
Thank you for your reply. It was very helpful. I don't know anything about close work permit. Do I get the close work permit even if I don't have a job during that time?

Thanks
Under which PNP stream you applied? Are you Ontario nominated?

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
curt_cobain said:

Thanks
Were you part of the masters program in ontario where you didnt need a job offer to get nominated?

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
curt_cobain said:

Thanks
I am not sure and you need to ask the PNP office but if you were part of a masters program and applied and got approved without a job offer i dont think you can renew your work permit using the pnp certificate. The people who renew it using the certificate were nominated by the province through their employer who sponsored them, thus, the closed work permit.

Again.. ask your PNP Office for clarification!