+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BUFFALO APPLICANTS - File transferred to other VO due to Buffalo closing down

curt_cobain

Jan 31, 2012
sharuu said:
Were you part of the masters program in ontario where you didnt need a job offer to get nominated?

I have the Saskatchewan nomination, applied under masters stream and have work experience.

curt_cobain

Jan 31, 2012
sharuu said:
I am not sure and you need to ask the PNP office but if you were part of a masters program and applied and got approved without a job offer i dont think you can renew your work permit using the pnp certificate. The people who renew it using the certificate were nominated by the province through their employer who sponsored them, thus, the closed work permit.

Again.. ask your PNP Office for clarification!
Thanks Sharuu. I am working under post graduate work permit. I have applied in SINP masters stream.

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
curt_cobain said:
Thanks Sharuu. I am working under post graduate work permit. I have applied in SINP masters stream.
I dont think you will be waiting 4-6 months, and if your work permit is valid until next year you should be fine. I think september is the month when you should be hearing something.. Fingers crossed!

shaikhaffi

Jan 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-DEC-2010
Nomination.....
10-OCT-2010
AOR Received.
15-JUL-2011
File Transfer...
16-MAY-2012 -- CPP Ottawa
Med's Request
15-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
18-JUL-2011
Passport Req..
April 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 25, 2013
LANDED..........
April 25, 2013
curt_cobain said:
You already have positive LMO as you are PNP nominated you should be able to work permit but you need to submit paper application along with Proof Of Employement letter from your employer and PNP certificate. You should have got letter with PNP package for CIC? did you? if not then you can call your PNP office and ask for that letter and then apply for work permit. Hope it helps.

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
Anyone got GCMS Notes recently or any update in regard to their case?

curt_cobain

Jan 31, 2012
shaikhaffi said:
You already have positive LMO as you are PNP nominated you should be able to work permit but you need to submit paper application along with Proof Of Employement letter from your employer and PNP certificate. You should have got letter with PNP package for CIC? did you? if not then you can call your PNP office and ask for that letter and then apply for work permit. Hope it helps.
Thanks a bunch Shaikhaffi. I got a certificate of nomination, I guess that's the one you are referring as the letter for CIC. For future reference could you pls give me the instruction link for paper application.

Thanks for all the good advices.

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
CEC applicants have been getting PPR from Ottawa consistently and I have hardly seen any PNP Applicants getting PPR from Ottawa in the past 3 months! However, looking at the timelines for the CEC it seems 2 months after meds are requested PPR is issued.. So, for those who know when their file was transferred I would say 2 months!

Still waiting for that first PPR to come through from Ottawa for Buffalo transferred applicant so we can base on their case our timelines..

curt_cobain

Jan 31, 2012
sharuu said:
CEC applicants have been getting PPR from Ottawa consistently and I have hardly seen any PNP Applicants getting PPR from Ottawa in the past 3 months! However, looking at the timelines for the CEC it seems 2 months after meds are requested PPR is issued.. So, for those who know when their file was transferred I would say 2 months!

Still waiting for that first PPR to come through from Ottawa for Buffalo transferred applicant so we can base on their case our timelines..
Yes, looking at the trackitt record, CEC applications processing are very consistent. After Sim24 there is no record of PPR for PNP stream and her was not from CPP-Ottawa. Anxiously waiting for the the news of first PPR for the transferred files to CPP-Ottawa.

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
curt_cobain said:
Yes, looking at the trackitt record, CEC applications processing are very consistent. After Sim24 there is no record of PPR for PNP stream and her was not from CPP-Ottawa. Anxiously waiting for the the news of first PPR for the transferred files to CPP-Ottawa.
I think our file should be transferred in july and give them 2 months around september we should be hearing something.. I hope we hear sooner!!

Jul 11, 2012
sharuu said:

Hi Sharruu,
My file was transfered to Ottawa on 16th of May, so on 16th of July it will be two months being transfered there plus my medical is going to expire on 18th, fingers crossed!! wish me luck guys its freeking me out..

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
KnowledgeSeeker said:
Hi Sharruu,
My file was transfered to Ottawa on 16th of May, so on 16th of July it will be two months being transfered there plus my medical is going to expire on 18th, fingers crossed!! wish me luck guys its freeking me out..
did you get a recent gcms notes and have you sent an enquiry to ottawa? You can also try asking your MP for help

Jul 11, 2012
sharuu said:
did you get a recent gcms notes and have you sent an enquiry to ottawa? You can also try asking your MP for help
yes they say the file is under review since May 16th, got my GCMS on 6th June... didn't see any review activity on it.. i have requested another GCMS which i will probably get in first week of August..

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
KnowledgeSeeker said:
yes they say the file is under review since May 16th, got my GCMS on 6th June... didn't see any review activity on it.. i have requested another GCMS which i will probably get in first week of August..
Well, what is the last Notes made by the VO? I hope when you get your GCMS Notes it provides some clarity!

Jul 11, 2012
sharuu said:
Well, what is the last Notes made by the VO? I hope when you get your GCMS Notes it provides some clarity!
Last notes were related to my wife's security clearance, i didn't provide consent form of my wife so the GCMS doesn't provide any details related to my wife's PR activities, that's why requested another GCMS notes with Consent form to have better idea.