+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BREAKING NEWS Bill C-6 finally passed in HoC, Now reading in Senate

simoncanada

Dec 3, 2015
MarceauBletard said:
With all due respect, there's A LOT of mistakes in what you said.
First, the Senate has adjourned until Tuesday September 27, 2016 at 2:00 p.m., not September 19th (info taken from their official Twitter account)
Second, if you check the other bills, or bill C-24, all those steps at the Senate only took 3 days (amendments included). Check how bill C-24 went here: parl .gc .ca /LegisInfo/BillDetails.aspx?Mode=1&billId=6401990&Language=E
Third, we might get the Royal Assent in September, that's possible. But we don't don't know when the law will be in application. It might be almost instantaneous but take up to a year.
My belief is that it will be applicable somewhere in December... That's my wild guess...

but as per your knowledge can i please ask you :

is there any chance to pass this bill by 2016

MarceauBletard

Aug 12, 2016
Montréal, Québec
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montréal, Québec
LANDED..........
18-05-2011 WHP
simoncanada said:

I'm going to repeat myself:
"My belief is that it will be applicable somewhere in December... That's my wild guess..."
Therefore, yes. There's a chance. We should know more end of September/early October.
Fingers crossed! :-[

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
simoncanada said:

I think there is a fair chance it can pass by end of 2016.

But the other question is how long it will take for IRCC to implement the changes in the bill. That is a whole other story.

MarceauBletard

Aug 12, 2016
Montréal, Québec
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montréal, Québec
LANDED..........
18-05-2011 WHP
keesio said:

But the other question is how long it will take for IRCC to implement the changes in the bill. That is a whole other story.
It's more than a fair chance. I don't see this getting stuck at the senate for 4 months.
I'd say there's a high probability we will get the Royal Assent in early October.

But indeed, when will it be implemented, we don't know.
I think they won't delay this too long for multiple different reasons:
1) They don't want a bunch of people holding off from applying and waiting for Bill C-6 to be applicable.
2) They don't want to people to be stuck with the old law for a while.
3) They don't want the public opinion to debate this for too long.
For these reasons among others, I think it will be implemented before the end of 2016, but I might very well be wrong.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
MarceauBletard said:
It's more than a fair chance. I don't see this getting stuck at the senate for 4 months.
I'd say there's a high probability we will get the Royal Assent in early October.

But indeed, when will it be implemented, we don't know.
I think they won't delay this too long for multiple different reasons:
1) They don't want a bunch of people holding off from applying and waiting for Bill C-6 to be applicable.
2) They don't want to people to be stuck with the old law for a while.
3) They don't want the public opinion to debate this for too long.
For these reasons among others, I think it will be implemented before the end of 2016, but I might very well be wrong.
I'm sure "they don't want" a lot of things but desire doesn't not always lead to results. Changing all the rules for a big org like IRCC takes time.

You have to:
1) Officially update all the rules and policies
2) re-train all the employees on theses new rules and policies
3) Update all application forms, documentation, tutorials, FAQs, residency calculator, etc.
4) test all the updates

This is not a something IRCC will get up and running in a month once the bill has been approved.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
keesio said:
I'm sure "they don't want" a lot of things but desire doesn't not always lead to results. Changing all the rules for a big org like IRCC takes time.

You have to:
1) Officially update all the rules and policies
2) re-train all the employees on theses new rules and policies
3) Update all application forms, documentation, tutorials, FAQs, residency calculator, etc.
4) test all the updates

This is not a something IRCC will get up and running in a month once the bill has been approved.
well true they need time to adapt their processes and stuff, but the change isn't that big - they will simply revert back what they have been doing for the past few decades

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
emamabd said:
well true they need time to adapt their processes and stuff, but the change isn't that big - they will simply revert back what they have been doing for the past few decades
you make it sound like that is an easy task lol! We wish. Ever work for a large organization? It is never easy. Even if it seems like common sense.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
h3a3j6 said:
There is high probability for it to become law by December 31st 2016... The big question is about when it will be applied.
Precisely.

And any speculation, about when changes in grant citizenship requirements will be in effect, is indeed speculation. Minister McCallum himself has indicated that the new requirements will not be in force for a significant period of time beyond the date the changes become law, that is beyond the date that Bill C-6 is adopted and given Royal Assent (assuming it will be adopted, which while likely is not guaranteed).

emamabd said:
Not really. Bill C-6 does not revert to the pre-Bill C-24 requirements. A couple aspects are similar but nonetheless substantively and significantly different. The mechanics of the physical presence calculation, for example, will be very different. (Indeed, prior to June 11, 2015 there was a residency requirement; Bill C-6, more like Bill C-24 than the prior law, has a physical presence requirement.)

Again, Minister McCallum has already indicated the changes will take effect sometime in the future, and that the date they take effect will be influenced not only by inevitable logistics (such as those outlined by keesio) but also by considerations related to anticipated impact on workloads, timelines, and processing efficiencies. The latter suggests that the Minister is well aware that a very large number of applicants will suddenly become eligible for citizenship the day the changes come into force, and that the transition will be fashioned to deal with this, as well as it practically can be done.

While I do not anticipate a disastrous impact on processing timelines, since I think the government is planning how it will deal with the way the changes will impact things, it is almost certain that there will indeed be a flood of new applications immediately following the date the changes take effect and this will have a detrimental impact on processing timelines for new applicants.

Anyone in a hurry to become a citizen, and depending on the changes in Bill C-6 taking effect, should probably sit back, relax, chill a bit, and embrace patience as a virtue.

MarceauBletard

Aug 12, 2016
Montréal, Québec
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montréal, Québec
LANDED..........
18-05-2011 WHP
dpenabill, I do not disagree with you, we are all speculating here.
I would love to do what you said, chill, sit back and relax. But I can't do that. ???
It's part of fun being in this once in a lifetime process. :)

Concerning the residency requirement though, if I'm not mistaken, it will be reverting back to EXACTLY how it was before.
My personal opinion is that the law will be implemented somewhere between December 2016 and June 2017. This is my personal speculation.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
MarceauBletard said:
Concerning the residency requirement though, if I'm not mistaken, it will be reverting back to EXACTLY how it was before.
Sorry, but in this regard you are mistaken.

Bill C-6 does not propose a "residency requirement," but rather a "physical presence requirement." The difference is real and substantial.

Moreover, the period of time which counts will be based on presence in Canada during the five years preceding the application, NOT the preceding four years as it was before the Bill C-24 changes (and as it had been for more than three decades).

Beyond that, Bill C-6 does not propose to alter many of the profound procedural changes implemented by Bill C-24, which will require wrenching the Bill C-6 changes into forms, assessment guidelines, and procedures as implemented by Bill C-24.

A lot more is involved than merely reviving the old operational instructions. A lot, lot more.

simoncanada

Dec 3, 2015
keesio said:

thanks for your positive thinking

I wish also it would be pass by 2016

Hamid khan

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2013
MarceauBletard said:
Time goes by faster when you're positive.
For me it is anyway.

my citizenship time would be nov 2017

if it is pass before that i m happy

i hope and confident it would be