+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BREAKING NEWS Bill C-6 finally passed in HoC, Now reading in Senate

quasar81

Feb 27, 2014
deadbird said:
My god! A 3 month summer holiday. What is this? kindergarten?
I mean, they do behave like kindergarten too when they are in. So, yeah it is kindergarten

As for Senate, they are on vacation as they always are. It doesn't matter if they are in session or on 'holiday'. Life is taxpayer paid holiday for these fat arses. Senate just need to be dissolved.

Babayaro

Jun 30, 2016
deadbird said:
My god! A 3 month summer holiday. What is this? kindergarten?
Unfortunately yes. Iam very disappointed about Canada. What a joke they decided just have early summer break. Wow.

Probably it will be not a law until beginning of 2017 and who knows when law will be effective. Unbelievable..

CAforCA

Jan 27, 2009
Doc's Request.
20th Jan 2010
AOR Received.
25th May 2010
IELTS Request
15th Dec 2009 Taken Score 7.5
File Transfer...
20-01-2010
Med's Request
28-09-2010
Med's Done....
11-10-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
6/1/2011
LANDED..........
25/6/2011 Yoo Hoo
when they say that the senate is taking a break they go back to their constituency and work for their electorate population. This also happens in other countries including India. I am sure they will pass this in September, usually this law will not go into effect immediately even if they pass today. I am too eager for this to come into play will help lot of us. The only problem is that it might put lot of burden on the processing agency to process PR, Citizenship applications for that they have proposed doubling of the budgets but where will all this money come from ..I believe they will increase the fees for all immigration stages.

MarceauBletard

Aug 12, 2016
Montréal, Québec
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montréal, Québec
LANDED..........
18-05-2011 WHP
CAforCA said:
when they say that the senate is taking a break they go back to their constituency and work for their electorate population. This also happens in other countries including India. I am sure they will pass this in September, usually this law will not go into effect immediately even if they pass today. I am too eager for this to come into play will help lot of us. The only problem is that it might put lot of burden on the processing agency to process PR, Citizenship applications for that they have proposed doubling of the budgets but where will all this money come from ..I believe they will increase the fees for all immigration stages.
I also think they will pass it in September. They said this "By unanimous consent, it was ordered, — That, notwithstanding any Standing Order or usual practice of the House, when the House adjourns today, it shall stand adjourned until Monday, September 19, 2016"

And I also think they won't wait a whole year to make it active. The Liberals want to act this fast and also, there's no need to give a last opportunity for people to apply under the old rules, as the new rules are easier, not harder. I believe this could be active late 2016 but it's just my personal opinion.

MarceauBletard

Aug 12, 2016
Montréal, Québec
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montréal, Québec
LANDED..........
18-05-2011 WHP
FYI everybody, the Senate of Canada tweeted on its account on June 22nd 2016: "The Senate has adjourned to Tuesday September 27, 2016 at 2:00 p.m.".
Yes, more than 3 months of vacation... :-X
So I'm guessing we won't have any news of this until September 27th. ???

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
MarceauBletard said:
FYI everybody, the Senate of Canada tweeted on its account on June 22nd 2016: "The Senate has adjourned to Tuesday September 27, 2016 at 2:00 p.m.".
Yes, more than 3 months of vacation... :-X
So I'm guessing we won't have any news of this until September 27th. ???
And you are surprised by this? Parliament / Senate summer break until late september has been going on for decades.

MarceauBletard

Aug 12, 2016
Montréal, Québec
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montréal, Québec
LANDED..........
18-05-2011 WHP
screech339 said:
And you are surprised by this? Parliament / Senate summer break until late september has been going on for decades.
I'm not surprised, no.
Politicians behave the same way in every country on the planet unfortunately.
I just can't wait... I'm losing it ???
A colleague of mine in the exact same situation as me said he's certain the law will be applicable very soon.
He says J. McCallum said they intended to pass it in September and make it active before 2017.
I hope it's true!!! :'(

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
MarceauBletard said:
A colleague of mine in the exact same situation as me said he's certain the law will be applicable very soon.
He says J. McCallum said they intended to pass it in September and make it active before 2017.
I hope it's true!!! :'(
Well i remember earlier this year - last February - McCallum said that Bill C-6 will become a law in Canada Day (2016 that is).

h3a3j6

Mar 31, 2014
Montréal
emamabd said:
Well i remember earlier this year - last February - McCallum said that Bill C-6 will become a law in Canada Day (2016 that is).
Law is at the Second Reading stage in the senate. There is a third reading, followed by a committee who may propose amendments, at which point it goes back to the house of common for the third and final reading... Then the Royal assent AND THEN they'll decide on when each section will come into force.

Now... The senate will be back on the 19th of September... Chances for all those steps to be done with by the end of September are really... 0%

MarceauBletard

Aug 12, 2016
Montréal, Québec
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montréal, Québec
LANDED..........
18-05-2011 WHP
h3a3j6 said:
Law is at the Second Reading stage in the senate. There is a third reading, followed by a committee who may propose amendments, at which point it goes back to the house of common for the third and final reading... Then the Royal assent AND THEN they'll decide on when each section will come into force.
Now... The senate will be back on the 19th of September... Chances for all those steps to be done with by the end of September are really... 0%
With all due respect, there's A LOT of mistakes in what you said.
First, the Senate has adjourned until Tuesday September 27, 2016 at 2:00 p.m., not September 19th (info taken from their official Twitter account)
Second, if you check the other bills, or bill C-24, all those steps at the Senate only took 3 days (amendments included). Check how bill C-24 went here: parl .gc .ca /LegisInfo/BillDetails.aspx?Mode=1&billId=6401990&Language=E
Third, we might get the Royal Assent in September, that's possible. But we don't don't know when the law will be in application. It might be almost instantaneous but take up to a year.
My belief is that it will be applicable somewhere in December... That's my wild guess...

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
MarceauBletard said:
First, the Senate has adjourned until Tuesday September 27, 2016 at 2:00 p.m., not September 19th (info taken from their official Twitter account)
Second, if you check the other bills, or bill C-24, all those steps at the Senate only took 3 days (amendments included). Check how bill C-24 went here: parl .gc .ca /LegisInfo/BillDetails.aspx?Mode=1&billId=6401990&Language=E
Third, we might get the Royal Assent in September, that's possible. But we don't don't know when the law will be in application. It might be almost instantaneous but take up to a year.
My belief is that it will be applicable somewhere in December... That's my wild guess...
C24 passed senate quickly because it was a conservative bill going through senate with conservative majority , need I say more?

h3a3j6

Mar 31, 2014
Montréal
MarceauBletard said:
Didn't check the Twitter feed, I just went to their online calendar at Senparlvu, the 19th was the first "active" day there. In any case... 19th or 27th, with a conservative Senate, I'd really believe it won't happen without amendments/resistance... Hence my belief that we're going beyond September 30th.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love for it to happen tomorrow. I'm just being pragmatic...

MarceauBletard

Aug 12, 2016
Montréal, Québec
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montréal, Québec
LANDED..........
18-05-2011 WHP
h3a3j6 said:
Didn't check the Twitter feed, I just went to their online calendar at Senparlvu, the 19th was the first "active" day there. In any case... 19th or 27th, with a conservative Senate, I'd really believe it won't happen without amendments/resistance... Hence my belief that we're going beyond September 30th.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love for it to happen tomorrow. I'm just being pragmatic...
Haha, we're both on the same side ;)
I'm just the optimistic guy and you're the more pessimistic guy. We'll see who wins. We both hope it's gonna be me! :D :p