Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montréal, Québec
LANDED..........
18-05-2011 WHP
itsmyid said:
'not very many weeks' from February .... already 20+ weeks now
with all the bad news about current economy and unemployment, I highly doubt this would be 'one of the first bills' they work on. I won't even be surprised if it is put on hold indefinitely
I completely disagree. This is very important to them and a promise they made during their campaign.
Whether this will be the first bill the Senate works on or not is debatable but this will not be put on hold indefinitely.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
MarceauBletard said:
I completely disagree. This is very important to them and a promise they made during their campaign.
Whether this will be the first bill the Senate works on or not is debatable but this will not be put on hold indefinitely.
Remember how long it took for the Liberals to get rid of the GST? Oh wait, they never did...

I'm not saying they are not committed to C-6. I strongly believe it will happen. But I'm not holding my breath. The Liberal track record of keeping promises is spotty. But then again, most political parties are like this.

MarceauBletard

Aug 12, 2016
Montréal, Québec
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montréal, Québec
LANDED..........
18-05-2011 WHP
keesio said:
Remember how long it took for the Liberals to get rid of the GST? Oh wait, they never did...

I'm not saying they are not committed to C-6. I strongly believe it will happen. But I'm not holding my breath. The Liberal track record of keeping promises is spotty. But then again, most political parties are like this.
True but the process is very advanced here and it was almost completed before the summer break.
I am holding my breath.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
MarceauBletard said:
True but the process is very advanced here and it was almost completed before the summer break.
I am holding my breath.
They will get it done. But the Liberals promised a lot of things during the election and they have a lot of stuff in progress. C6 is not any more a priority than many of the other items. I do leave out hope that they will pass the bill at the end of this year and IRCC implements it mid-to-late-2017

MarceauBletard

Aug 12, 2016
Montréal, Québec
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montréal, Québec
LANDED..........
18-05-2011 WHP
This last reply is completely unrelated to this thread.
I disagree with it but we should keep the discussion focused on Bill C-6 and not start a debate about other issues in this thread that is about Citizenship.
If you wanna talk about drugs, I'd wish you'd do that elsewhere. I don't wanna be associated to it.

MarceauBletard

Aug 12, 2016
Montréal, Québec
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montréal, Québec
LANDED..........
18-05-2011 WHP
dpenabill said:
I propose we pass around the brownies, the good ones, those not for children, and chill, chuckle and chill, watch some some sunsets or sunrises, at least a month's worth, since there is no chance at all that there will be any change in the status of Bill C-6 for at least another four weeks.
Agreed. 3 weeks and a half though :p

MarceauBletard

Aug 12, 2016
Montréal, Québec
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montréal, Québec
LANDED..........
18-05-2011 WHP
punk said:
Met with the Minister John yesterday and specifically asked about the bill date. He said they are working with Senate but when I asked about specific dates, he said fall. And I said when it would be actually implemented, he said within this year.
This is a quote from another post on this forum!!!
I know we said we'd come back to this post on Sept. 27th but I thought I needed to share this! :eek:

MarceauBletard

Aug 12, 2016
Montréal, Québec
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montréal, Québec
LANDED..........
18-05-2011 WHP
Guys, I have a very specific and maybe tricky question.
As you know, I'm waiting for Bill C-6 to apply for Citizenship, I'm currently residing in Montreal.
My wife is an American Citizen living 1 hour away from me in Plattsburgh (NY) and, for personal reasons (mainly because of the situation with her child and his psychopath dad who doesn't want his son to move to Canada), I might have to go to the US temporarily before we're able to move back to Canada permanently, and I would therefore have to apply for a US Green Card.

My questions are:
1) Would it be a good idea for me to apply for my Green Card now already? Or would they bother me if I apply for Citizenship while being a US Green Card holder, especially if Bill C-6 doesn't go through?
2) Once the Royal Assent is given to Bill C-6 and we know for sure the "intent to reside" will fall, can I apply for a Green Card then without any trouble from CIC after that?
3) Or would it be better to first get my Canadian Citizenship oath before doing anything with USCIS (US Immigration)?

I'm asking this because I'd like to live with my wife ASAP but I don't want to take any risks to jeopardize my Canadian Citizenship of course.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
My 2 cents:
1) First off, I'm 99% certain that Bill C-6 will go through. The bigger question is "when will it be implemented by IRCC".
2) Even without the intent to reside clause, if you already have a green card, it may cause IRCC to take a more thorough peek at your application (i.e. delay things a bit). If you have an application for a green card in the works, I'm not sure you have to disclose that to IRCC (I don't think so). It is only if you already have one already.
3) That might make things easier. But not sure if it is worth it to delay things.

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will chime in.

One opinion about the dad: Him not wanting his son to be moved to a different country doesn't make him a "psychopath". That is actually a very common (and normal) sentiment. Maybe he has some issue that bars him entry to Canada so he won't be able to visit his son. Perhaps he has other issues that makes him a psychopath but this particular issue certainly is not an indicator of it.

MarceauBletard

Aug 12, 2016
Montréal, Québec
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montréal, Québec
LANDED..........
18-05-2011 WHP
He's a psychopath for various other reasons, yes... but he doesn't want his son to move an hour away to Canada when he doesn't have a relationship with him when he's living in the states. It has nothing to do with the child and everything to do with control.
Also violence, death threats, other threats, tries to make everybody's life miserable, refuses to pay child maintenance is owes her more than C$2800, etc etc...
The child is 7 year old and has autism and violence problems at school and the doctors say the child should not be allowed near guns and the dad insists on teaching him guns "to be a proud conservative" disregarding completely the doctor's orders.
The dad doesn't even want his ex to see me and says she "sees me (her husband) too much" and is even threatening to not allow his son to come in Montreal in the weekends.
Just believe me on this, there's no reasoning with him, everything has to be done in court with him.

Many thanks for your reply on your thoughts about what I should do :)
Maybe someone else also has other input too :)
From what I understand from you Keesio, you'd apply for Citizenship and Green Card simultaneously. Does anyone else concur?

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
MarceauBletard said:
He's a psychopath for various other reasons, yes... but he doesn't want his son to move an hour away to Canada when he doesn't have a relationship with him when he's living in the states. It has nothing to do with the child and everything to do with control.
yeah I suspected that he had a bunch of other issue besides child visitation rights. I had just read an article about that recent mess with that Canadian/German couple fighting over where the kids live so I think it was still in my mind when I replied before. Anyway good luck with everthing!

MarceauBletard

Aug 12, 2016
Montréal, Québec
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montréal, Québec
LANDED..........
18-05-2011 WHP
keesio said:
yeah I suspected that he had a bunch of other issue besides child visitation rights. I had just read an article about that recent mess with that Canadian/German couple fighting over where the kids live so I think it was still in my mind when I replied before. Anyway good luck with everthing!
Many thanks my friend! :)

punk

Feb 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MarceauBletard said:
This is a quote from another post on this forum!!!
I know we said we'd come back to this post on Sept. 27th but I thought I needed to share this! :eek:
This is certainly my quote & i personally asked him. I will again try to meet him in a month or so and see what are the updates

MarceauBletard

Aug 12, 2016
Montréal, Québec
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montréal, Québec
LANDED..........
18-05-2011 WHP
punk said:
This is certainly my quote & i personally asked him. I will again try to meet him in a month or so and see what are the updates
Haha many thanks punk! :)
I can't wait to see how this evolves and/or hear what he has to say!