+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - How many of you have applied and received it successfully?

TomasX90

Star Member
Feb 17, 2014
canadababu said:
Applied for PR in Sep 2014. received AOR in Feb 2015.
Applied for first BOWP and SOWP in June 2015, received in October 2015.
Applied for second BOWP,SOWP on 8-sep-2016, Online.

any other August end applicants /september who applied please share timelines
I applied on Aug. 12 - received BOWP & SOWP in 40 days (current processing time went down to 35 days) - then it took additional 4 days to receive the WP in the mailbox (yesterday)

azure04

Jan 16, 2016
canadababu said:
Applied for PR in Sep 2014. received AOR in Feb 2015.
Applied for first BOWP and SOWP in June 2015, received in October 2015.
Applied for second BOWP,SOWP on 8-sep-2016, Online.

any other August end applicants /september who applied please share timelines
Applied for BOWP on August 31... No News yet...

azure04

Jan 16, 2016
TomasX90 said:
Your application needs to pass completeness (R10) check first.
I included my AOR in my application. PR application submitted on October 8, 2015... Received AOR on January 20, 2016.

TomasX90

Star Member
Feb 17, 2014
azure04 said:
Thank you... Did you find another job? Or stayed but currently doing part time job?
Technically speaking you're supposed to stay at your current job if you claimed 600 points for LMIA. And anyway I'm in Canada mainly because of this job so yeah I'm still with the same employer.

azure04

Jan 16, 2016
TomasX90 said:
Technically speaking you're supposed to stay at your current job if you claimed 600 points for LMIA. And anyway I'm in Canada mainly because of this job so yeah I'm still with the same employer.
I see... Maybe I'll stay as well...

Zimprincess

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2016
Hi forum,

I've just created my application for BOWP online and I have all the documents ready on hand. In the "optional" section it lists TRV. I'm under the impression even if you hold a WP, you still need a TRV to be in the country. I'm assuming my existing will expire the same time as my current WP. Do I have to apply for a new TRV or just BOWP?

Thanks for your time and sorry if this has already been discussed, there are 233 pages in this thread, couldn't read every one!

pkssandhu

Apr 16, 2013
Zimprincess said:
Hi forum,

I've just created my application for BOWP online and I have all the documents ready on hand. In the "optional" section it lists TRV. I'm under the impression even if you hold a WP, you still need a TRV to be in the country. I'm assuming my existing will expire the same time as my current WP. Do I have to apply for a new TRV or just BOWP?

Thanks for your time and sorry if this has already been discussed, there are 233 pages in this thread, couldn't read every one!
As far as I know, you do not need a TRV if you are already in the country. The only time you need a TRV is if you are travelling outside Canada and need to come back into the country. Holding a work permit is not enough to enter back into a Canada. A TRV is required at the time. I learnt that the hard way :) So as long as you have a valid work permit that has not expired and you are already in the country, you should be fine.

Also, as you stated, it is the "optional" section of the application.

Hope that helps.

Hammer

Oct 9, 2015
Alberta
Zimprincess said:
Hi forum,

If you plan on visiting outside the country and return during next year then you can apply along with BOWP application. Otherwise you do not need a TRV to be in country, work permit serves the purpose.

Your previous TRV would have been valid till your current work permit so yes, it will expire on mentioned date.

canadababu

Star Member
May 23, 2015
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-09-2014
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront 17-11-2015
I have applied for BOWP,SOWP on 8-sep-2016 online. still waiting for approval.

My question here , i may need to travel out of country in november.
Can i apply for TRV from inside canada. Has anybody done it. what is process.
should i wait for my BOWP approval before applying TRV.

canadababu

Star Member
May 23, 2015
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-09-2014
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront 17-11-2015
BTW i didn't see a option to apply for TRV along with BOWP.
So i submitted application for BOWP only and paid the application fee of $255.
I have also submitted schedule 1 temporary residence application in the optional documents section, but i don't think this is fro TRV.

pkssandhu

Apr 16, 2013
canadababu said:
I have applied for BOWP,SOWP on 8-sep-2016 online. still waiting for approval.

My question here , i may need to travel out of country in november.
Can i apply for TRV from inside canada. Has anybody done it. what is process.
should i wait for my BOWP approval before applying TRV.
Yes you can apply for TRV from within Canada. However, before you apply, make sure you have a valid status in Canada and attach a proof for the same with your application. The TRV will be issued uptill the expiry of your resident status. That is, till the expiry of your work or student permit.

Google "TRV from within Canada"