+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - How many of you have applied and received it successfully?

canadababu

Star Member
May 23, 2015
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-09-2014
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront 17-11-2015
Application processing time for online TRV is 8 days.
is it like we get passport request for TRV after 8 days and we need send passport to Ottawa.
can we get the passport stamped directly with TRV visa anywhere in Toronto instead of sending it.

pkssandhu

Apr 16, 2013
canadababu said:
Application processing time for online TRV is 8 days.
is it like we get passport request for TRV after 8 days and we need send passport to Ottawa.
can we get the passport stamped directly with TRV visa anywhere in Toronto instead of sending it.

If I remember correctly, you have to send it in with the application to Ottawa. Now, I am talking from experience which was four years ago and at the time, there was no forum where you could see them in person or talk to them directly over the phone. It was only email communications. At is frustrating as hell.

8 days is really good time for a TRV. At the time when I applied, the processing times were absolutely horrid. It took 2 months in my case. So you should be just fine.

Zimprincess

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2016
Thanks everyone for your responses. I researched shortly after i posted the question. I don't know if I will travel but I'll apply just in case. Thanks again.

Mrs khan5555

Oct 22, 2015
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
nova scotia sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11 May 2016
Doc's Request.
8 nov 2016; rprf (requested schedule A, IMM5669; 2 oct 2017)
Nomination.....
19 April 2016
AOR Received.
Credit card charged 30june2016, AOR recieved 20july2016
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
2 May 2017; re-medical 24 April 2017
Med's Done....
5 May 2017(passed)re-med (dep) 4May2018(passed) background changed 15 sep 2017 completed: 1May2018
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
Primary4june2018;dependent9june 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Primary15june2018;Dependent20june2018
LANDED..........
Primary23june2018;dependent19july 2018
I am applying for bridging of work permit in section 3 i am selecting " initial work permit with new employer" is that right? right now i have open work permit expiring in Feb 2017 What should i write where employer name and address need to mention. My work permit and nomination had no restrictions.

Need help

TomasX90

Star Member
Feb 17, 2014
Mrs khan5555 said:
I am applying for bridging of work permit in section 3 i am selecting " initial work permit with new employer" is that right? right now i have open work permit expiring in Feb 2017 What should i write where employer name and address need to mention. My work permit and nomination had no restrictions.

Need help
Yep, WP with new employer. You can write there either BOWP, your employer details or both. I wrote both but it actually doesn't matter since BOWP is always an open work permit.

Mrs khan5555

Oct 22, 2015
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
nova scotia sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11 May 2016
Doc's Request.
8 nov 2016; rprf (requested schedule A, IMM5669; 2 oct 2017)
Nomination.....
19 April 2016
AOR Received.
Credit card charged 30june2016, AOR recieved 20july2016
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
2 May 2017; re-medical 24 April 2017
Med's Done....
5 May 2017(passed)re-med (dep) 4May2018(passed) background changed 15 sep 2017 completed: 1May2018
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
Primary4june2018;dependent9june 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Primary15june2018;Dependent20june2018
LANDED..........
Primary23june2018;dependent19july 2018
When Do we need to apply for BOWP 4 months before the expiration of permit or 3 months?

kashm1111

Sep 26, 2014
I am getting error while applying for BOWP since 10 days.. Shocked Shocked.. Can anyone help me to resolve my issue.. i have already checked browser settings and all looks ok. also tried to recreate bowp application but its still failing.. my WP is expiring in month so need help to apply bowp online.

Can anyone try applying BOWP and see if its allowing you to go to the stage where it asks you to upload reqd. documents for bowp application..?? any help will be appreciated

Getting below error

Our Online Services Are Currently Down
System-generated error code:WIJCFQYX (2016-10-13 03:35:29)

Sorry
This on-line service is currently not available.
Possible reasons::

We are currently updating this Web site.
We are experiencing technical difficulties.

Please try again later.

KimJowan

Star Member
May 26, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2016
AOR Received.
18-03-2016
Med's Done....
Passed
I am planning to submit my BOWP application next week. I have my representative who handled my account but I want to do the BOWP appllication by my self. I created new CIC account for my BOWP application then now I realized is that okey? I have separate account for my PR and BOWP? I didn't hesitate to ask my agent the account she created when she did my express entry because I know she wont give it. so I decided to made new account. Is that okey?

bicko

Jun 9, 2016
TomasX90 said:
Yep, WP with new employer. You can write there either BOWP, your employer details or both. I wrote both but it actually doesn't matter since BOWP is always an open work permit.
Recently got nominated from Ontario and the application had my spouse name as well, However on the nomination certificate it just shows my name since I was the primary applicant
Both working currently and holds an OWP
Our Work permit expiring Dec 7th
Need to apply for BOWP asap

Can you please help
In my spouse's 5710 form , should I answer yes to the below question since she was also included in the PNP application where I was the primary applicant

Have you been issued a certificate under the pnp ? Should i say yes on her's form as well

2nd question:
Can I apply for BOWP on the basis of my PNP certificate (OWP criteria), what are the chances or should I wait for the ITA and EAPR ?

smitkool

Feb 29, 2016
Hello guys,
I am trying to apply for a BOWP but I am confused should i attach offer of employment paystubs or things related with my employment. When I try to apply online it has no option to attach additional documents like PNP nomination certificate,AOR email from CIC.
Please advise something me i am really confused.

azure04

Jan 16, 2016
smitkool said:
Hello guys,
I am trying to apply for a BOWP but I am confused should i attach offer of employment paystubs or things related with my employment. When I try to apply online it has no option to attach additional documents like PNP nomination certificate,AOR email from CIC.
Please advise something me i am really confused.
What I did was, I opened Microsoft Word, then pasted the aor, pnp cert, work permit scanned copies. Uploaded it on the support letter tab... I applied August 31 and received approval on October 4. Hope this help you on your application.

Nov 1, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
October 24th, 2016
How long will our BOWP be? like 1 year or it depends on the support letter? I'm nominated through BC PNP, but I'm not sure if I should use the PNP support letter or the AOR from EE ITA to apply for BOWP?

Hammer

Oct 9, 2015
Alberta
KrispyKreamKonnoisseur said:
How long will our BOWP be? like 1 year or it depends on the support letter? I'm nominated through BC PNP, but I'm not sure if I should use the PNP support letter or the AOR from EE ITA to apply for BOWP?
AOR from EE will get you bridging open work permit but if you use PNP support letter, it will get you close work permit most likely. Both of them will be valid for one year.

Nov 1, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
October 24th, 2016
Hammer said:
AOR from EE will get you bridging open work permit but if you use PNP support letter, it will get you close work permit most likely. Both of them will be valid for one year.
Thanks for your reply. Can I still you this guide to prepare for my BOWP?

canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/tips-for-a-successful-bowp-application-t147650.0.html

It's from 2013, so I'm not sure if it's still up to date.