+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bill C-6: Senate stage

captain74

Star Member
Jun 21, 2009
vasyok said:
Since it's the government bill, they can allocate the specific amount of time for this bill (once they run out of that time - they have to vote
Spot-on! They need to do this ASAP.

I know it can be seen as an overbearing approach - and the opposition is sure to portray it as such in the media. However, the current tactics of the opposition leave no choice for the liberals, but to face up to the fact that politics is a brutal business and a exercise of strength / power is sometimes necessary.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Let's keep in mind that this bill is in the final stage of the senate. It's progressing and is almost ready to be sent back to the House of Commons. We are coming towards the end of the 3rd reading.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
captain74 said:
Spot-on! They need to do this ASAP.

I know it can be seen as an overbearing approach - and the opposition is sure to portray it as such in the media. However, the current tactics of the opposition leave no choice for the liberals, but to face up to the fact that politics is a brutal business and a exercise of strength / power is sometimes necessary.
So is this double standard that it's shows strength and power if the liberals do this but it's a dictatorship if the conservatives done the same?

captain74

Star Member
Jun 21, 2009
screech339 said:
So is this double standard that it's shows strength and power if the liberals do this but it's a dictatorship if the conservatives done the same?
My intention wasn't to be partisan! I couldn't give a toss about either party.

I do, however, care a great deal about justice and fairness being enshrined in law. I believe C6 is an important bill, and the proposed amendment is an important element that must be included in the bill.

Any party proposing bills that agree with my values will get my support; and encouragement to use power when required to get such bills passed!

sistemc

Feb 2, 2014
Speaking about tweets. I sent first and only tweet in my life, and that was to the senator Carignan, leader of the opposition in the Senate.

That was the person who suggested a sub-amendment, as a part of the conservative delaying strategy: replacing the words “written notice” by the word “notice”.

Basically I said to him in 140 characters, that he should be ashamed of his action.

galant

Dec 28, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
Immigration Minister Mr. Ahmed Hussen is visiting Brampton tomorrow afternoon for a meeting. Im going to attend this meeting. I dont think I can talk this topic But I will try if I get a chance.
Thanks

sivabalan

Star Member
Jan 25, 2014
Windsor, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-08-2010
Passport Req..
01-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-09-2013
LANDED..........
20-09-2013
I have been searching on google for any sort of media coverage on the unusual events that happened in Senate last Thursday. Did anyone find any coverage? Just eager to know if media is helping to gain some attention on this Bill.

Whocares

Sep 20, 2010
galant said:
Immigration Minister Mr. Ahmed Hussen is visiting Brampton tomorrow afternoon for a meeting. Im going to attend this meeting. I dont think I can talk this topic But I will try if I get a chance.
Thanks
Yes do tell him that we are the future voters and the government should support us so we could support them. It is not all about 3/5 but also the second class citizens.

captain74

Star Member
Jun 21, 2009
Whocares said:
Yes do tell him that we are the future voters and the government should support us so we could support them. It is not all about 3/5 but also the second class citizens.
Perhaps also add that the goings-on in the senate are reflecting poorly on him as the minister concerned and the PM as the figurehead of the government in power at the moment.

Maybe even ask the minister to make this point further to the PM himself if gets a chance.

Nothing gets a politician into gear as quickly as a risk to their public image!!

tyl92

Apr 1, 2013
punk said:
So hopefully, it will pass tomorrow ? based on tweets ?
pure speculation my friend . If nothing happens to that bill tomorrow , you'll have the trend until summer break.

CanadianC

Mar 15, 2017
in reply to @SenJaffer

10h
Peter Harder‏ @SenHarder
@SenJaffer @msuhailwaterloo @ratnaomi We are using all the tools at our disposal to pass Bill C-6 before Easter

quasar81

Feb 27, 2014
CanadianC said:
in reply to @SenJaffer

10h
Peter Harder‏ @SenHarder
@SenJaffer @msuhailwaterloo @ratnaomi We are using all the tools at our disposal to pass Bill C-6 before Easter
Those tools haven't worked in past....

hfinkel

Feb 23, 2012
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
C-6 is on the agenda for today: http://www.parl.gc.ca/LegisInfo/Agenda.aspx?Language=E&Mode=1

Have a listen to the debate if anyone is interested: http://senparlvu.parl.gc.ca/XRender/en/View/UpcomingEvents/20160126/-1?device=