+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bill C-24 Second Reading on February 27th:

thepolestar

Star Member
May 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, Read this....someone has finally decided to do something about Bill C-24

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2014/06/09/rocco_galati_plans_legal_challenge_to_citizenship_act_changes.html

Those who are active in social media.....use your skills :-X :-X

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The Commons committee did not make any amendments to the bill. Alexander appears Thursday before a Senate committee which is now studying the bill before its expected passage before summer.

Sharif11

Star Member
Jan 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
u4g5 said:
The Commons committee did not make any amendments to the bill. Alexander appears Thursday before a Senate committee which is now studying the bill before its expected passage before summer.
You caught it too!

MrB

Star Member
Aug 24, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I know for many of us on here it been several months of uncertainty and anxiety because of bill c-24. However I urge us to remain strong! Even if the bill passes let our spirits not be defeated, "they" can never break us! A lot of you have come too far and sacrificed so much to get to this point, don't be discouraged! Let us smile, even in the face of adversity. Let us celebrate even in the midst of injustice! They might win the battle but we will be victorious in war. let's live, let's enjoy all seasons, let's enjoy Canada, our families, our friends, our lives and most importantly let's keep faith. Cheers people have a wonderful summer! God is with us!

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
Hi guys ,

What was the outcome of today's meeting ? Did anyone follow till the end of discussion ? When is the next meeting scheduled in HoC ?

Thanks

sazamizi

Jan 26, 2014
Hamilton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Agree !
MrB said:
I know for many of us on here it been several months of uncertainty and anxiety because of bill c-24. However I urge us to remain strong! Even if the bill passes let our spirits not be defeated, "they" can never break us! A lot of you have come too far and sacrificed so much to get to this point, don't be discouraged! Let us smile, even in the face of adversity. Let us celebrate even in the midst of injustice! They might win the battle but we will be victorious in war. let's live, let's enjoy all seasons, let's enjoy Canada, our families, our friends, our lives and most importantly let's keep faith. Cheers people have a wonderful summer! God is with us!

glowingheart

May 27, 2010
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 26 2010
Doc's Request.
July 27 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 19 2010
IELTS Request
done before application
File Transfer...
Aug 4 2010
Med's Request
March 12 2012
Med's Done....
March 30 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Jan 10 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 17 2013
LANDED..........
Jan 25 2013
MrB said:
I think you are taking this too personal

so what if they extend the years before applying, if they eliminate the pre pr time, or that you have to really live in canada

on my side I don't plan to live elsewhere, if i can't apply next jan it will be 2 more years but it will come

I feel people are getting too paranoid and me personally can live without voting for a while more

its not that they a kicking pr's out of the country they are modifying some rules with the intend to fix the future
like the thousands that leave the country as soon as they become citizens so that way they have a secure retirement
and come to Canada to get medical attention

guys relax

paw339

Star Member
May 28, 2014
glowingheart said:

so what if they extend the years before applying, if they eliminate the pre pr time, or that you have to really live in canada

on my side I don't plan to live elsewhere, if i can't apply next jan it will be 2 more years but it will come

I feel people are getting too paranoid and me personally can live without voting for a while more

its not that they a kicking pr's out of the country they are modifying some rules with the intend to fix the future
like the thousands that leave the country as soon as they become citizens so that way they have a secure retirement

guys relax
Excellent post, agree 100%.

Sharif11

Star Member
Jan 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
glowingheart said:

guys relax
If it is not a big deal to you, it is to others.

glowingheart

May 27, 2010
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 26 2010
Doc's Request.
July 27 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 19 2010
IELTS Request
done before application
File Transfer...
Aug 4 2010
Med's Request
March 12 2012
Med's Done....
March 30 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Jan 10 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 17 2013
LANDED..........
Jan 25 2013
Sharif11 said:
If it is not a big deal to you, it is to others.
i agree with you

Im just expressing what I think

MrB

Star Member
Aug 24, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
glowingheart said:

guys relax
You obviously didn't read what I wrote. You need to relax, be patient and try and understand what I have written. What you said is pretty much what I had implied (we need to enjoy the country, live our lives, irrespective of what happens). As for what you would personally do if the bill passes that's your prerogative. But for you to ask me not to take it personally, that's just freaking hilarious. I literally laughed my ass off when I read it. It is personal! it affects a number of us personally in numerous ways. Nobody is going to jump off a building, overdose or stop living simply because a bill that doesn't favour us passed. However you have no right to undermine my disappointment or anyone's for that matter. Especially for those who qualify really soon, people like me who have less than a month to apply. I'm not going to act like I don't feel marginalized after 11 years of nation building, especially when a transition period is not being considered and our opinions weren't either.

anon123

Jul 19, 2013
glowingheart said:

guys relax
So what if I have to work 24/7 for my master or I have to really live in his ranch or I am treated like his dog or I can't go anywhere?

On my side I don't plan to be a free man, if I can't leave the ranch that's ok I am just going to keep serving my master. I was born a slave and I will always be a slave. It's not that they are going to hang me. I feel that people are getting too paranoid and I personally can live without freedom for awhile more.

This is the kind of mentality you have. Unfortunately a lot of immigrants come from states with no freedom. If you have never tasted freedom and equality you don't know what it means to lose it. A Canadian-born person who parks on the wrong spot can go to 3 levels of courts before he has to pay a fine. You, the slave, will have no right to even have your voice heard when an elected official decides to strip you from your citizenship and separate you from your Canadian family. This is just the beginning. If you think it will end with this law you are fooling yourself. This law makes it clear that naturalized Canadians are not equal to Canadian-born Canadians. This is how discrimination and mistreatment starts. Enjoy! For others, like I said before, you don't have to suck it up. PR gives you the right to live 3 years abroad, enough time to find a better home. And you can still come back if it doesn't work out. By the time you retire hopefully the citizenship law will not have changed to require 100 years of residence before applying.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
informatics said:
Hi guys ,

What was the outcome of today's meeting ? Did anyone follow till the end of discussion ? When is the next meeting scheduled in HoC ?

Thanks
See the earlier posts in this thread. Step three is now finished and we are moving on with step four (report stage).