+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bill C-24 Second Reading on February 27th:

MWM

Star Member
Jun 1, 2014
HELLO ALL

Any news ? I feel that the 3 petitions didn't do anything !!! I wish iam wrong ... I wish .
are they going to delete any clause from the bill ????? and debates for today ?

here are some emoji's which describe the affect of c-24 bill on people from day 1 till today ....
:eek: :eek: :eek: :'( :'( :'( :-X :-X :-X :-\ :-\ :-\ and then people who support it will :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

turboracer

Jul 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI,

I was trying to find something could anyone state the steps of legislative process of a bill being passed in the house of commons like all the steps?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
turboracer said:
HI,

I was trying to find something could anyone state the steps of legislative process of a bill being passed in the house of commons like all the steps?
I'll post it again:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Act_of_Parliament#Canada

Tolerance

Star Member
May 14, 2014
MasterGeek said:
What do you think is the opinion of most Canadians ? Do you think that they support this bill ? Do they beleive that citizenship is too easy to get and prone to be used just for convenience and passport ?

I too want a good passport like the Canadian one. It's not fair that just because I was born in some shîtty country, I cannot travel or take advantage of global opportunities. Where is the equality of mankind ?
If you consider just 10 years of immigration only (say, 2000-2010), 250,000 immigrants came annually, which is 2.5 million in that decade. According to Alexander's naturalisation rate (89%), 2.23 million became citizens. Foreign-born population of Canada is 20.6% now (6.8 mil now). All of these people vividly remember the immigration process, poverty, and separation from their families. Even after they get their citizenship, they want their parents, brothers, sisters, and friends to be reunited with them, so I doubt they support any draconian measures such as revocation of citizenship etc. Alexander just made that up (he does it a lot; today he said a small minority of the Canadian Bar is opposed to the Bill, not all of them; and then he mentioned the 30k petition and said he talked to one of the people who actually was not aware of what he was signing, he was misinformed etc.)

Even I agree that the FSW model that existed for years is now rotten, and that system itself is the root of the problem. So, the immigration system HAS to change, no doubt about it.

The problem is, you can reduce processing times, for example, without getting revocation in the process. You can take steps to recognize the foreign training (but for real!), so that immigrants do not only have to work the menial jobs, although they have years of training in their fields. But no; the Cons are just using speeding up processing times as an excuse to increase their powers. I do not think they are interested in fixing the system.

The Cons' base probably like the idea of tightening the immigration rules, but very few actually understand the rules. They just listen to the Cons' words (and today you could hear that the law will REDUCE processing times, as its major feature), and they are simply manipulated into thinking whatever the cons want (they accuse the opposition of being friendly to terrorists, throw in some 'patriotic' words and historical references, and that is it, Bush's US, if you are not with us, you are against us).

In Canada, some 50% of the eligible voters do actually vote, which is around 15 million people. Foreign-born folks only make up almost 7 million. If they want to influence what is going on, they can EASILY do that.

That is why I have been trying to urge everyone to spread the word. People do not know about this bill. Alexander never gave any numbers to back up his claims that "an overwhelming majority of Canadians support the Bill." On the other hand, we already have 30+9 = almost 40k people opposed to the bill (those two petitions).

Believe me, what Lysane said is true: there is a reason why the Cons introduced the Bill in February and then left it sitting till a month before the summer break. They are scared of the opposition to the bill because they know it could throw a monkey wrench into their plans. That is why they quietly waited for months, and now they want to rush it through, and then by the end of the summer, the opposing voices will loose their steam, the dust will settle down, and they continue business as usual. (The alternative was to study the bill in detail and hear the witnesses Feb-May, which would have given the opposing voices and the media a good opportunity to make matters difficult).

And last, but not the least, it is ridiculous to claim that people like you and me support this Bill! I do NOT!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
turboracer said:
so we have crossed 1 and 2 , 3 4 5 6 7 & 8 to go
I believe we have finished 1, 2 and 3 - and are now moving to 4.

MWM

Star Member
Jun 1, 2014
too late my friend ... we have passed this step 4 month ago , you were sleeping or what !!! read the first pages and you will find your answers , iam sorry if you didn't like my reply but I have to admit that your question was too late ....
sign the petitions and that's it .... and wait for the :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Tolerance

Star Member
May 14, 2014
MWM said:
too late my friend ... we have passed this step 4 month ago , you were sleeping or what !!! read the first pages and you will find your answers , iam sorry if you didn't like my reply but I have to admit that your question was too late ....
Scylla is right, we are now at #4, the report stage.

But that stage and the third reading will be done in the next few days, which means the House of Commons will pass the bill in a few days. After that, it is up to the Senate.

Sharif11

Star Member
Jan 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How long (On average) does take for the Senate to debate and pass the bill? Anyone knows?

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cant wait to check the status of this bill on the parliament website by the end of this week, after senate committee finishes their scheduled meetings.
still too early to know when n how soon the bill will go through all legislative process.
its such a coin flip, either it will pass all or it won't!

tormenta

Mar 3, 2014
u4g5 said:
cant wait to check the status of this bill on the parliament website by the end of this week, after senate committee finishes their scheduled meetings.
still too early to know when n how soon the bill will go through all legislative process.
its such a coin flip, either it will pass all or it won't!
I don't think there is the slightest doubt it will pass, to be honest.

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tormenta said:
I don't think there is the slightest doubt it will pass, to be honest.
we have been discussing the whole time that when it will pass and go into full force.
such a tricky situation!
if it does pass by july 1st, theres no doubt it will help to speed up process cuz they will have more time to deal with less cases.

txboyscout

Jun 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-08-2011
MWM said:
How can the committee report their findindgs to the house before they have actually held their hearings!?

We are at step 4 and once the bill passes the house, it will go to the upper chamber where steps 1-4 will be repeated AGAIN (it will not take as much time as it took in the House)

And Incase you have not figured it out yet, your petition is not doing anything to prevent the passage of this bill!

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
just read an article on global and mail. the author is telling his readers how the passage of this new bill will affect citizenship. it is strange that hes assuming once the bill gets passed house of common, it will come into force. it only explains that a quick process in Senate!
i'd better send out my application no later than next week.