+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bill C-24 Second Reading on February 27th:

on-hold

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2010
zardoz said:
The problem with all of this "predicting" is that one person starts a "Rumour" somewhere, and it starts to become "Fact", the more that people repeat it to others..

Seriously, we need to stop all this guesswork and wait until we are told, by someone who has the authority to speak about it, for example, the Government.... Anything else is just "chinese whispers"....
Well sure, this SOUNDS like common sense -- but if you read further, you'll notice that CanV knows what's going on, and has an emoticon to emphasize the point.

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zardoz said:
The problem with all of this "predicting" is that one person starts a "Rumour" somewhere, and it starts to become "Fact", the more that people repeat it to others..

Seriously, we need to stop all this guesswork and wait until we are told, by someone who has the authority to speak about it, for example, the Government...
While I believe the information in my post to be accurate, it is not fact and I do not characterize it as such. I would encourage readers to be wary of anyone proclaiming that they know what's going to happen. No one knows for sure. It's important not to pretend otherwise.

I posted because it seems many people are anxious because they believe that the new procedures will be implemented as soon as the Bill is passed. While I cannot say for sure, I do not believe that this will be the case, so I encourage people who will be meeting their residence days in June, July or August to contact the settlement services in your city or a good citizenship or refugee lawyer and asking for their advice regarding timing.

Good luck.

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
eileenf said:
While I believe the information in my post to be accurate, it is not fact and I do not characterize it as such. I would encourage readers to be wary of anyone proclaiming that they know what's going to happen. No one knows for sure. It's important not to pretend otherwise.

I posted because it seems many people are anxious because they believe that the new procedures will be implemented as soon as the Bill is passed. While I cannot say for sure, I do not believe that this will be the case, so I encourage people who will be meeting their residence days in June, July or August to contact the settlement services in your city or a good citizenship or refugee lawyer and asking for their advice regarding timing.

Good luck.
Elineef is a credible member and I would like to count on her more than anyone else at the forum . However , this might not be a good news for me as I will be eligible by mid of September only :'( :( . Anyway good luck to those , applying by August .

@elineef thank you so much for sharing that information.

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
who is watching the debate online now?
http://parlvu.parl.gc.ca/Parlvu/TimeBandit/PowerBrowserLive_SilverLight.aspx?ContentEntityId=11955&EssenceFormatID=427&date=20140609&lang=en

Sharif11

Star Member
Jan 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yyzhuang said:
No....July 1st passing the Bill or become the law?..
Can't they pass the bill on July the 1st and process all new application under this date?

Sharif11

Star Member
Jan 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tolerance said:
This is the first time I have heard that, and it comes from you.
I heard it just few minutes ago. The Minister said it himself (to be celebrated with Canadian July 1st) or something like that.

Tolerance

Star Member
May 14, 2014
informatics said:
Did the Minister mention it in his speech ??? Unfortunately I missed the most part of his speech .
He did not. That is rumours becoming facts, like Zardoz cautioned everyone.

O_Ca

Feb 21, 2013
Sharif11 said:
I heard it just few minutes ago. The Minister said it himself (to be celebrated with Canadian July 1st) or something like that.
He means citizenship is being celebrated on July 1st and didn't say the new law will take effect on July 1st.

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1 thing i am confused is that senate is schedule 3 meeting , from tue to thur on bill-24.
is that a continuation of pre-study on this subject or it is on its stage of first reading?
the parliament will go on summer break after next friday. so if the government wants to make this bill become law , they must pass everything by next friday, which is SUPER RUSHED.
We need more Clarifications!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sharif11

Star Member
Jan 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
O_Ca said:
He means citizenship is being celebrated on July 1st and didn't say the new law will take effect on July 1st.
No, I'll have to disagree with you. He mentioned the new bill to celebrated on Canada Day July 1st. If there is a recording, you can watch it yourself.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
on-hold said:
Well sure, this SOUNDS like common sense -- but if you read further, you'll notice that CanV knows what's going on, and has an emoticon to emphasize the point.
:p