OrangeCup

Star Member
Feb 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys,

Do we know:
1) Royal Assent is tomorrow for sure?
2) Will they say at the Royal Assent when certain parts of the Bill will come into Force?

Thank you!

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OrangeCup said:
Guys,

Do we know:
2) Will they say at the Royal Assent when certain parts of the Bill will come into Force?

Thank you!
1. NO
2. NO

alphazip

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OrangeCup said:
Guys,

Do we know:

Thank you!
There will be a Royal Assent ceremony today at 5:30 EDT. C-24 may be included. It can be watched here: http://parlvu.parl.gc.ca/parlvu/upcomingevents.aspx?date=&lang=en

No, they will not announce the coming into force date at the ceremony.

txboyscout

Jun 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-08-2011
Sharif11 said:
So, when?
Don't know yet. Have to wait for the Governor in Council ceremony (Royal Assent).... This could take place today, tomorrow, next week or next year. There is no requirement that Royal Assent has to be given in X number of days

OrangeCup

Star Member
Feb 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alphazip said:
So when do they announce it then for when different sections of the Bill go into force?

Sharif11

Star Member
Jan 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
txboyscout said:
Don't know yet. Have to wait for the Governor in Council ceremony (Royal Assent).... This could take place today, tomorrow, next week or next year. There is no requirement that Royal Assent has to be given in X number of days
Thanks! So, the waiting game begins!

Tolerance

Star Member
May 14, 2014
alphazip said:
There will be a Royal Assent ceremony today at 5:30 EDT. C-24 may be included. It can be watched here: http://parlvu.parl.gc.ca/parlvu/upcomingevents.aspx?date=&lang=en

Watch the ceremony and we might all find out today.

alphazip

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OrangeCup said:
So when do they announce it then for when different sections of the Bill go into force?
Don't know. I asked a reporter...the one who said C-24 would be passed this week...and he said he didn't know either. Perhaps Desert Lion would ask his friend's girlfriend the question everyone wants to know: when will new residency requirements come into effect?

2_of_5

Aug 16, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2012
LANDED..........
27-06-2013
trunorth said:
I never had any intentions to leave Canada. I moved here after many years in the US for a safe and better life. I've enjoyed it so far and was looking forward to becoming Canadian. This government has made me angry and it's put a bitter taste in my mouth about politics here. Back in the US, where true and real democracy exist, this bill would have been thrown out. I've got only nice things to say about this country and the people here but I have NOTHING nice to say about these politicians. I am truly disappointed today. Feel cheated!!!
Same here. Two years of additional time is an eternity when you are an American citizen who is nearly frantic in waiting to renounce my poisonous US citizenship. I am depressed beyond words. Maybe I'll look into moving to Europe now, as I will NEVER move back to the USSA. Never. I nearly get sick every time I have to cross the border.

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
2_of_5 said:
Same here. Two years of additional time is an eternity when you are an American citizen who is nearly frantic in waiting to renounce my poisonous US citizenship. I am depressed beyond words. Maybe I'll look into moving to Europe now, as I will NEVER move back to the USSA. Never. I nearly get sick every time I have to cross the border.
how does that statement even makes sense? you will need much much more than 2 years to be a citizen at any other decent country, europe or otherwise.

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Desert Lion said:
Thanks Hobbes for your kind words as many attacked me in this forum as I was reming the folks to submit as soon as possible but and many doubted me but my sources are from inside the Canadian parliament that the bill was planned to be passed by exactly this time but my source asked me not to mention any of this information but to speak in general that the bill will be passed by his time without any further details, it is sad that they play with the immigrants emotion while they know the time the bill is passed which is to make the public feel that there is democracy in passing bills
you should delete the information about your source if you dont want him/her to get in trouble. that was certainly foolish of you to put the identity on an open forum. the person shouldn't have said anything like that to anyone in the first place.

2_of_5

Aug 16, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2012
LANDED..........
27-06-2013
chakrab said:
how does that statement even makes sense? you will need much much more than 2 years to be a citizen at any other decent country, europe or otherwise.
Just venting. :mad:

I am disgusted beyond words with the Cons. They appear to be the same as the odious "Rethuglican" party in the US. I left the US to get away from those regressive freaks, and am disappointed to find that they exist up here too.

I'll stick it out here and make it my mission to oppose the Cons at every opportunity once I have the right to vote.

Sharif11

Star Member
Jan 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chakrab said:
you should delete the information about your source if you dont want him/her to get in trouble. that was certainly foolish of you to put the identity on an open forum. the person shouldn't have said anything like that to anyone in the first place.
I agree in part.