+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bill C-24 Second Reading on February 27th:

Jun 18, 2014
Desert Lion said:
Thanks Hobbes for your kind words as many attacked me in this forum as I was reming the folks to submit as soon as possible but and many doubted me but my sources are from inside the Canadian parliament that the bill was planned to be passed by exactly this time but my source asked me not to mention any of this information but to speak in general that the bill will be passed by his time without any further details, it is sad that they play with the immigrants emotion while they know the time the bill is passed which is to make the public feel that there is democracy in passing bills
Did not your source tell you that when would be the 'come into force of four years residency' length?

I guess people most concern this part of that bill! :D

thepolestar

Star Member
May 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I also figured out the same thing by the speed of the bill passage because everything was moving at a Rocket speed. It is clear that the reason for all the speed was because of the Royal Assent Ceremony today.

I still can't understand this thing that how could the committee's go for a clause by clause consideration of the bill before the subject matter or pre-study report is even tabled in the parliament. Look at C-31 the pre-study report was tabled in the senate before they moved to clause by clause consideration. May be any constitutional expert can shed more light on this.

alphazip

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
2_of_5 said:
Same here. Two years of additional time is an eternity when you are an American citizen who is nearly frantic in waiting to renounce my poisonous US citizenship. I am depressed beyond words. Maybe I'll look into moving to Europe now, as I will NEVER move back to the USSA. Never. I nearly get sick every time I have to cross the border.
2_of_5, you & I have much in common! Unlike another poster, I don't view the USA as a great place to live. That's why I'm here. I'm already a dual and do not plan to renounce, but I can understand someone doing so. The U.S. and Eritrea are the only countries in the world that continue to tax their citizens after they have moved elsewhere! Assume you're familiar with the Isaac Brock Society? http://isaacbrocksociety.ca/

alphazip

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chakrab said:
how does that statement even makes sense? you will need much much more than 2 years to be a citizen at any other decent country, europe or otherwise.
Yes, unless a person inherited a citizenship from a parent/grandparent. In some countries (e.g. Italy), citizenship descends to unlimited generations.

2_of_5

Aug 16, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2012
LANDED..........
27-06-2013
alphazip said:
2_of_5, you & I have much in common! Unlike another poster, I don't view the USA as a great place to live. That's why I'm here. I'm already a dual and do not plan to renounce, but I can understand someone doing so. The U.S. and Eritrea are the only countries in the world that continue to tax their citizens after they have moved elsewhere! Assume you're familiar with the Isaac Brock Society? http://isaacbrocksociety.ca/
Hi Alphazip!

Yes, I am a daily follower of the Isaac Brock Society. :)

FATCA is turning into a nightmare for US citizens abroad, and I'm afraid it will become one for us here in Canada too. FATCA, the FBAR requirements and the obscene burdens placed on an American who tries to own a business outside of "the Homeland ::) " are just a few of the reasons I can't wait to ditch my US passport. I grew up in the 1960s and 1970s and realize that the America that used to exist back then, one with a semblance of decency and goodness, has long been dead and will never be back. Sad, but that's the way it is. And most people who still live there don't see how truly bad it has become. I see it every time I go to visit family, it's so regimented, militaristic and police-statish now.

Jun 18, 2014
Desert Lion said:
my sources are from inside the Canadian parliament that the bill was planned to be passed by exactly this time but my source asked me not to mention any of this information but to speak in general that the bill will be passed by his time without any further details, it is sad that they play with the immigrants emotion while they know the time the bill is passed which is to make the public feel that there is democracy in passing bills
My source who serves in parliament kitchen as a chef(!) told me that the best and easiest way of temporarily getting rid of almost 520,000 citizenship applicants' back log +probably 280,000 new people is to increase their application of citizenship period.They may frustrate of such a long delay to become a citizen and they may not vote for conservatives who are pretty responsible for that cause! ;D

Conservatives may not like to count on negative 520,000+280,000 votes on their next election,especially after a few days ago event of Ontario election! :D

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
royal accent time , in case u r interested

http://parlvu.parl.gc.ca/Parlvu/TimeBandit/PowerBrowserLive_SilverLight.aspx?ContentEntityId=12019&EssenceFormatID=427&date=20140619&lang=en

Tolerance

Star Member
May 14, 2014
u4g5 said:

http://parlvu.parl.gc.ca/Parlvu/TimeBandit/PowerBrowserLive_SilverLight.aspx?ContentEntityId=12019&EssenceFormatID=427&date=20140619&lang=en
Actually, I don't think you will see anything there. It is a live feed from the HoC, but they left it for the Royal Assent ceremony.

You can listen to the audio feed from the Senate session, that is where the ceremony is at.

sicko86

Aug 18, 2009
Mississauga , ON
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2010
Doc's Request.
8-3-2010
AOR Received.
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
28-11-2011
Med's Done....
29-11-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2012
LANDED..........
28-01-2012
u4g5 said:

Do you think the Bill will get Royal Assent now? It already Passed the Third reading.

alphazip

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
2_of_5 said:
Hi Alphazip!

Yes, I am a daily follower of the Isaac Brock Society. :)

FATCA is turning into a nightmare for US citizens abroad, and I'm afraid it will become one for us here in Canada too. FATCA, the FBAR requirements and the obscene burdens placed on an American who tries to own a business outside of "the Homeland ::) " are just a few of the reasons I can't wait to ditch my US passport. I grew up in the 1960s and 1970s and realize that the America that used to exist back then, one with a semblance of decency and goodness, has long been dead and will never be back. Sad, but that's the way it is. And most people who still live there don't see how truly bad it has become. I see it every time I go to visit family, it's so regimented, militaristic and police-statish now.
Hi...it's off topic here, but I totally agree. I have the same view of the good ole USA. In my case, the U.S. rules and regulations are an annoyance, but I think renunciation would cause other problems, so I'm just living with them.

sicko86

Aug 18, 2009
Mississauga , ON
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2010
Doc's Request.
8-3-2010
AOR Received.
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
28-11-2011
Med's Done....
29-11-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2012
LANDED..........
28-01-2012
Major Citizenship Law like Bill C-24 passes the Senate in Matter of three days.

If you have a school assignment or project proposal .. probably it will take you longer to review. I cant just believe what happend.

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
sicko86 said:
Major Citizenship Law like Bill C-24 passes the Senate in Matter of three days.

If you have a school assignment or project proposal .. probably it will take you longer to review. I cant just believe what happend.
So as I ! The whole system appears a joke ! Hard to believe :eek:

sicko86

Aug 18, 2009
Mississauga , ON
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2010
Doc's Request.
8-3-2010
AOR Received.
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
28-11-2011
Med's Done....
29-11-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2012
LANDED..........
28-01-2012
u4g5 said:

I owe you an apology .. you predicted this will happen .. and I was WRONG! I though this will go till after September.

I didnt except a major Bill like Bill C-24 to pass the Senate in a matter of three days!

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
sicko86 said:
I owe you an apology .. you predicted this will happen .. and I was WRONG! I though this will go till after September.

I didnt except a major Bill like Bill C-24 to pass the Senate in a matter of three days!
Passing the Senate is not a matter of concern, given the Senate's very serious corruption issues. What's concerning is the coming into force...