+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bill C-24 Second Reading on February 27th:

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
CanV said:
How is that less work for lawyers? Please explain.
One part of the bill clarifies the definition of residency, thereby eliminating the ambiguities that these "consultants" and lawyers have been exploiting for years. Oh, and the bill also cracks down hard on these charlatans.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
torontosm said:
One part of the bill clarifies the definition of residency, thereby eliminating the ambiguities that these "consultants" and lawyers have been exploiting for years. Oh, and the bill also cracks down hard on these charlatans.
I think the amount of people whose residency in question is relatively small and the percentage of lawyers and the amount of time allocated to such issues is small as well. If you are referring to the ones whose citizenships were revoked in the past year or 2 for misrepresenting their declaration of residency, their lawyers were investigated and in some cases were suspended.

lawabiden

Star Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanV said:
I think the amount of people whose residency in question is relatively small and the percentage of lawyers and the amount of time allocated to such issues is small as well. If you are referring to the ones whose citizenships were revoked in the past year or 2 for misrepresenting their declaration of residency, their lawyers were investigated and in some cases were suspended.
The number of people who will be interested to become a citizen will drastically decrease too ...

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lawabiden said:
The number of people who will be interested to become a citizen will drastically decrease too ...
I dont think so, Canada is still better than alot of countries, even with this bill.

lawabiden

Star Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanV said:
I dont think so, Canada is still better than alot of countries, even with this bill.
how on Earth lol, the main reason people come to Canada or used to come! is/was easier immigration process other than that why not USA? AUSTRALIA?
Be honest with yourself, no one is monitoring you lol :)

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lawabiden said:
how on Earth lol, the main reason people come to Canada or used to come! is/was easier immigration process other than that why not USA? AUSTRALIA?
getting permanent residency in australia is still tougher than canada. canada is still one of easiest places to get permanent residency. don't just look at citizenship. look at the whole process, from non-immigrant to citizenship. canada is still one of the easiest.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lawabiden said:
Oh god, I dont need you to tell me this, and I care less who reads here. I am against the bill all together.

Are we talking about immigration, meaning coming to Canada as a permanent resident, or citizenship?

This bill is about citizenship, you can still come to Canada.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lawabiden said:
Plus now you can tell your friend, who live wherever you come from, not to come to Canada because their lives might turn to hell here. Let me know what they say.

lawabiden

Star Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chakrab said:
getting permanent residency in australia is still tougher than canada. canada is still one of easiest places to get permanent residency. don't just look at citizenship. look at the whole process, from non-immigrant to citizenship. canada is still one of the easiest.
Exactly I'm talking about the whole process considering the living place and opportunities! Well I'm a PR and against this bill and I think it's gonna become a jail for dual citizens so not really interested to become citizen anymore.

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lawabiden said:
Exactly I'm talking about the whole process considering the living place and opportunities! Well I'm a PR and against this bill and I think it's gonna become a jail for dual citizens so not really interested to become citizen anymore.
no it's not. 99% of dual citizens don't plan to do all the stuff that will get them revoked. only a few 1000s out of 33 millions are crying about it. most don't even care.

Tolerance

Star Member
May 14, 2014
They said in the Senate chamber that the Governor General will join them at 4.30 today to provide Royal Assent to the new laws.

Bill C-24 might become law today.

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
btw, even australia is planning for a similar legislation. UK and USA already have similar laws.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/policy/call-to-revoke-radicals-citizenship/story-fn59nm2j-1226959261407#

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jan/28/brandis-silent-australians-fighting--lose-citizenship

Jun 18, 2014
Tolerance said:
They said in the Senate chamber that the Governor General will join them at 4.30 today to provide Royal Assent to the new laws.

You are right..I was about to say that,but you announced it earlier.

sicko86

Aug 18, 2009
Mississauga , ON
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2010
Doc's Request.
8-3-2010
AOR Received.
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
28-11-2011
Med's Done....
29-11-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2012
LANDED..........
28-01-2012
Any Updates regarding when it will come to force .. they should announce!!

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tolerance said:

C-24 is not in the list of bills to be signed today. the list was mentioned earlier and it was known that GG is coming to senate.