Star Member
May 16, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wednesday, June 11, 2014
6:30 p.m.
GOVERNMENT ORDERS

C-24 — The Minister of Citizenship and Immigration — Strengthening Canadian CitizenshipAct — Third reading (first time debated)
http://www.parl.gc.ca/HousePublications/Publication.aspx?Pub=projected&Language=E&Mode=1&Parl=41&Ses=2

turboracer

Jul 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Skakeholder said:
Wednesday, June 11, 2014
6:30 p.m.
GOVERNMENT ORDERS

C-24 — The Minister of Citizenship and Immigration — Strengthening Canadian CitizenshipAct — Third reading (first time debated)
http://www.parl.gc.ca/HousePublications/Publication.aspx?Pub=projected&Language=E&Mode=1&Parl=41&Ses=2
So its at midnight

marcus66502

Dec 18, 2013
vic48912 said:
Torotonsm is a troll on this site, he has an IQ of a 10yrs old child, he lacks critical reasoning.....I suspect he is posting from his parents basement
If you've got something against the arguments raised by torontosm, then you come out and address those arguments. You don't attack the person, and you don't call him vulgar names.

By attacking the person, you've not only shown that you have no real arguments against what he says, you've essentially demonstrated that you yourself carry the negative characteristics you're attributing to him: you have an average 10 year old's IQ and lack the ability to critically and maturely address any issue.

The last fact stated by torontosm is correct: paying taxes does not in any way entitle you to eligibility for citizenship (correct in the sense that it can be proved so by pointing relevant citizenship law).

In general, I find that those who spent pre-PR time in Canada don't really have any valid arguments as to why it's unfair to eliminate the counting of pre-PR time for residence purposes, other than the fact that it inconveniences them. They try and try to appeal to emotions by saying they've been paying taxes and contributing to society but those arguments don't hold water when viewed from the side of someone not in that pre-PR group. Like I said before, if one person pays tax, everyone has to pay tax, and taxes are not conditional on anything else. What you're saying in essence is "I want to work in this country but since I'm not a permanent resident (yet) I should be exempt from taxes." You don't pass the laughing test.

As for you contributing to society (if we take the word in its literal sense), I bet a lot of Canadians beg to differ. They would see that you came here to study but then took work off campus that could be filled by a Canadian. Contribute to society my a**. You filled your own wallet with income that needs half a lifetime to be earned in some countries.

There you have it! Come out and say this isn't true (without calling ME names this time).

sicko86

Aug 18, 2009
Mississauga , ON
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2010
Doc's Request.
8-3-2010
AOR Received.
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
28-11-2011
Med's Done....
29-11-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2012
LANDED..........
28-01-2012
Guys lets try to stay professional in this forum without attacking each other in person.

This place is to share ideas. And we have to keep in mind that people diverse in ideas and opinions .. like Conservatives, NDP and Liberals in the Parliament ... everyone see things differently .. there is nothing right or wrong .. there are different ideas to be discussed. People see things differently... and there is nothing racist in the Bill even I disagree with some points.. it is just the Conservatives see things from other point of view ... and we have to keep in mind to be fair in judging something we have to keep our personal cases aside of that.

taleodor

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sicko86 said:
Guys lets try to stay professional in this forum without attacking each other in person.

This place is to share ideas. And we have to keep in mind that people diverse in ideas and opinions .. like Conservatives, NDP and Liberals in the Parliament ... everyone see things differently .. there is nothing right or wrong .. there are different ideas to be discussed. People see things differently... and there is nothing racist in the Bill even I disagree with some points.. it is just the Conservatives see things from other point of view ... and we have to keep in mind to be fair in judging something we have to keep our personal cases aside of that.
When Chris Alexander presumes that 30k+ people have signed the petition only because they didn't understand it properly, I don't think that's about 'other point of view'. For me, it's an insult. And I believe, he should be out of Parliament on the next elections.

Tolerance

Star Member
May 14, 2014
taleodor said:
When Chris Alexander presumes that 30k+ people have signed the petition only because they didn't understand it properly, I don't think that's about 'other point of view'. For me, it's an insult. And I believe, he should be out of Parliament on the next elections.
I second that. He tries to discredit everybody and everything, so I am afraid it is not as simple as him just having a different viewpoint. So when somebody wants to take things further along the lines of that bill, I say it is ok to take our gloves off once in a while :).