+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bill C-24 Second Reading on February 27th:

marcus66502

Dec 18, 2013
sicko86 said:
This is not the point I am trying to deliver .. I am saying that people who have been working since years as Foreign working waiting their multiple years PR application to be finalized and paying taxes ... can't be on the same page as people with people who just came to Canada.
That's exactly the point you were trying to deliver -- namely, that someone's entitled to shorter citizenship waiting times because they've been paying taxes. You should not backtrack from your point when you're called out on it.

Your point is as absurd as it gets. Income taxes have nothing to do with citizenship. You pay tax, like everyone else, because you earn money in Canada. You can't have the government tax one person and not tax another.

I paid income taxes for a lot of years in the US. I should have US citizenship by now. That would be nice but, unfortunately, that's not how it works.

sicko86

Aug 18, 2009
Mississauga , ON
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2010
Doc's Request.
8-3-2010
AOR Received.
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
28-11-2011
Med's Done....
29-11-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2012
LANDED..........
28-01-2012
marcus66502 said:
That's exactly the point you were trying to deliver -- namely, that someone's entitled to shorter citizenship waiting times because they've been paying taxes. You should not backtrack from your point when you're called out on it.

Your point is as absurd as it gets. Income taxes have nothing to do with citizenship. You pay tax, like everyone else, because you earn money in Canada. You can't have the government tax one person and not tax another.

I paid income taxes for a lot of years in the US. I should have US citizenship by now. That would be nice but, unfortunately, that's not how it works.
Well you cant just claim whatever you want and say thats what you meant! if you go back to my 2 posts back and read them carefully I was giving "Paying Tax" mainly as example for people who live already in Canada vs People who just landed here .. and that is the main point! If thats what really I meant I will say it and I am not afraid to backtrack ... I can say my opinion freely in this forum!!

I never claimed people who pay tax should be entitled for citizenship just because of that! and I dont believe in it as Well! Tax shouldnt give you Citizenship! The whole point I was trying to deliver that people who already lived in Canada for couple of years should have more privileges in obtaining their citizenship status comparing to people who just landed here .. and thats the case in many countries like Australia who required a certain period as Permanent Resident only but not the whole required time.

Some people it took them 3 and 4 years to get their PR status originally because of CIC Backlog problems and all that time they have been contributing to the country through their Tax. Again that doesn't mean they should be given Citizenship for that .. but once granted PR they should be granted credit for their Pre-PR time because of this .. and thats my whole point! And that what is implemented now in Canada (before the this Bill) and implemented in better ways in different other countries.

Thank you,

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Paying tax means not only income tax. There is others taxes like property tax, sales tax (HST). So, a person living in Canada might not have taxable income (above 20k) but surely paying other taxes which keeps the Canadian economy wheel running..

MWM

Star Member
Jun 1, 2014
http://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/hon-chris-alexander-pc-mp-canadian-government-stop-bill-c-24-don-t-turn-millions-of-us-into-second-class-canadian-citizens

I don't know what is happening , iam following the petition every 2 hours , only within the last hour there are more than 1000 supporter I don't if this is good or no ... for those who didn't signed yet ...pls do

here is the links again :

petition 1 : ( Fast Moving )

http://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/hon-chris-alexander-pc-mp-canadian-government-stop-bill-c-24-don-t-turn-millions-of-us-into-second-class-canadian-citizens

petitions 2 :

http://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/withdraw-bill-c-24-honour-the-charter-or-rights-freedoms

petition 3 :

http://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/parliament-of-canada-do-not-allow-unfair-treatment-of-former-foreign-workers-and-international-students-by-new-canadian-citizenship-bill-c-24

May2014

Star Member
May 6, 2014
This petition if handed without proper media coverage will gob into drawers ... Sorry for nt being optimistic .... Embarrassing them publicly and even better internationally through humen rights is the only way or hope f a change ; petition. , protest and media !!!!

Wahrheit

May 27, 2014
kevikennedy said:
This chatboard is clearly for those individuals who are affected by the immigration law changes, and they come here to share and discuss information, to try and be reassured and help each other along during a very stressful time.

Yet you regularly enter into this conversation in a completely non-supportive fashion. Why do you feel this need to do this?
This "chatboard" has turned into a center of political activism and not a support area. Just look at the posts telling people to sign this petition or contact that politician. So if someone has opposing political views there is no reason why they should not enter the conversation. You all assume that everyone is against the bill. Guess what... Not everyone is. A lot of us think that it doesn't go far enough. Maybe they should stop automatic citizenship just cause you were born in Canada to non citizens or PRs. Torontosm says a lot of things that others are scared to say. Kudos.

Tolerance

Star Member
May 14, 2014
Wahrheit said:
This "chatboard" has turned into a center of political activism and not a support area. Just look at the posts telling people to sign this petition or contact that politician. So if someone has opposing political views there is no reason why they should not enter the conversation. You all assume that everyone is against the bill. Guess what... Not everyone is. A lot of us think that it doesn't go far enough. Maybe they should stop automatic citizenship just cause you were born in Canada to non citizens or PRs. Torontosm says a lot of things that others are scared to say. Kudos.
What is it with you right-wingers and your insatiable desire to punish others (but reward yourselves)?

Try to do something nice for others and be kind to them, you might like it for a change.

Were your dads mean to you or what...?

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
Wahrheit said:
May be another account for Torontosm ....look at the number of posts .Don't feed the troll mate !

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MWM said:

I don't know what is happening , iam following the petition every 2 hours , only within the last hour there are more than 1000 supporter I don't if this is good or no ... for those who didn't signed yet ...pls do

here is the links again :

petition 1 : ( Fast Moving )

petitions 2 :

http://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/withdraw-bill-c-24-honour-the-charter-or-rights-freedoms

petition 3 :

http://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/parliament-of-canada-do-not-allow-unfair-treatment-of-former-foreign-workers-and-international-students-by-new-canadian-citizenship-bill-c-24
unfortunately the only ones gaining for these petitions are corporations and scammers

http://crooksandliars.com/karoli/why-i-will-not-sign-another-changeorg-petit
http://venturebeat.com/2013/05/01/now-anyone-can-sponsor-a-petition-on-change-org/

Blueridge

Star Member
Feb 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo and now Newyork
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2009
AOR Received.
26-05-2009
File Transfer...
08-12-2009
Med's Request
01-03-2010
Med's Done....
05-03-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-04-2010
VISA ISSUED...
14-05-2010
Sent my application today morning. It will reach Sydney by Monday. Hope they will process under the current rules..

vic48912

Star Member
Nov 30, 2007
on-hold said:
Torontosm doesn't like immigrants, and he doesn't care that many of them will be negatively impacted by this legislation and are hurt by it practically and emotionally. In fact, he's probably happy about it -- he likes to chime in whenever he senses that commentators are responding like people, and not a quiet worker-class he feels immigrants should form.

As for why he feels the need to do this, only he can answer that. He's certainly not representative of many Canadians that I've met, I hope the people who post here don't think that he is (though there really is a minority of Canadians that can't stand immigrants).
Torotonsm is a troll on this site, he has an IQ of a 10yrs old child, he lacks critical reasoning.....I suspect he is posting from his parents basement

MWM

Star Member
Jun 1, 2014
Blueridge said:
Sent my application today morning. It will reach Sydney by Monday. Hope they will process under the current rules..
Good Luck , nothing will be changed from today till Monday , I don't think they will be able to finish it this season .