Med's Done....
29-11-2012
Passport Req..
10-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2014
lebcan said:
Mabrouuuk Candude! That's great news!
please can u share with us what does the letter say and if they mention the medicals.
congrats again!
Sure, there you go!
My medicals have been extended one whole year from their initial validity.

Your application for permanent residence in Canada has reached the final stage of processing and we need your passport and the documents listed below in order to make a final decision.
We strongly recommend you not to make any final reservations until you receive your visa.

Please read carefully all information and instructions set out below and complete the steps accordingly.

Visa Validity:

Once issued, your permanent resident visa will expire on 28/11/2014, which is the validity date of your medical examination. If your passport expires on an earlier date, the visa will expire on that earlier date.

You must travel to Canada and present your immigration documents at a Canadian Port of Entry before they expire. The validity of the visa cannot be extended.

Documents to submit:
1. Original signed valid passport for yourself and each accompanying dependent:
• Each person, including minor children, must have their own passport and there must be at least two blank pages in each passport
• Ordinary passports are the only type of passport into which a permanent resident visa may be inserted. Diplomatic, official, and other special passports are not acceptable
• Any passport changes after the visas are issued will result in a Replacement of an Immigration Document charge of CAD $30.00 for each visa that needs to be re-issued.
• Passports that are not signed by the holder are not valid for travel.
2. Two (2) recent photographs for yourself and each accompanying dependent:
• The photos must be 35 mm x 45 mm, and must have a white background. Exact photo specifications are available at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3998E_tempA.pdf . The Two photos must show a full front view of the person’s head and shoulders, showing their full face centred in the middle of the photograph.
• The name of each applicant must be written on the back of one (1) picture.
• Write your file number and the name of each person on the back of their photos. Do not use a ball-point pen. Wait until the ink dries before stacking the photos on top of each other.
• The photos must not be damaged or blemished. Do not staple, glue or pin the photos. Instead, they can be paper-clipped or enclosed in a small envelope. The photo must have a plane white background.
3. Please complete the information requested on the Passport Submission Form below.
4. If you have a new baby born from a Canadian citizen, you are required to submit a proof that your child is Canadian. If you have not yet received proof of citizenship, you must go immediately to the Consular Section of the Canadian Embassy in Beirut to inform them of the birth of your child and the fact that you intend to travel with the child in a very short time period. Your permanent resident visa(s) will be issued once you have obtained the proof that you have applied for Canadian citizenship for your child and got a Canadian passport for the child.
5. Others:

Please submit all passports and documents in one package, with a copy of this letter, within 30 days. Failure to provide the requested documents within this time frame may result in the closure of your application.

Submitting your passport(s) and documents in-person (all nationalities):

You may submit the passport(s) in-person to our authorised representative in Beirut at the following address:
Canada Visa Application Center
7th floor, Concord Building,
Verdun Concord Street,
Beirut – Lebanon

You can submit your passport at any day from Monday to Friday between 9:00 a.m. and 15:00 p.m.
This service will not be available when the embassy is closed. Please consult the following website for a list of statutory holidays: www.Lebanon.gc.ca.

A copy of this letter must be presented to the Canada Visa Application Center personnel when submitting your passport.

You may designate an authorized person to deliver your passport(s) and pick up your visa(s) on your behalf. This authorized person must present a Letter of Authorization (below) completed and signed by you, along with their identification document that includes their name and photograph (preferably their passport) and a copy of this letter when submitting the passport(s).

Effective Monday 18 November 2013, passports must be submitted to and collect visas from the VFS Visa Application Centre (VAC) in Beirut.

For hours of operation and further information regarding the VAC’s procedures and VAC service fees, please see: http://vfsglobal.ca/canada/Lebanon/index.html

To collect your passport once the visa is issued:
Please note that the VAC office in Verdun will inform you by SMS message of the date to collect the visa from their office in Beirut.

Change in Family Composition:

You must notify our office in writing if there are or will be changes in your life circumstances before using your visas, such as:
• Family status (e.g. marriage or common-law union, divorce, annulment, legal separation, birth, adoption, death of the sponsor, principal applicant or any accompanying family member); or
• You or any of your family members being charged or convicted of a criminal offence

Failure to inform us of any of these changes may delay processing, may result in the cancellation of your immigrant visas, or may render you and your family members inadmissible to Canada. Failure to inform us of dependent family members during your application processing will permanently exclude them from later sponsorship in the Family Class.

Kindly note that the name indicated on your passport will be the name that appears on all of your documents after you become a permanent resident of Canada (e.g. driver’s license, social insurance card, health card…etc.)

No reminder letter will be sent. You are requested to immediately act upon the instructions set out in this letter.

Sincerely,
Immigration Section – Beirut

lebcan

Star Member
Mar 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA (Beirut)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2013
AOR Received.
09-04-2013
File Transfer...
25-09-2013 (To Beirut)
Med's Done....
02-2013
Passport Req..
05-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2014
LANDED..........
Hopefully Soon
So happy for you! It is a stressful period for all of us! Nchalla things continue moving in Beirut.
I am preparing my papers to apply for a visit visa probably next week. I don't know if i should proceed or wait for some news, but nothing new shows on my ecas.
anws i wish you all the luck.
keep us updated don't forget us here :)

mkasad

Nov 5, 2013
we finally got the passport request :D, and the medicals have been extended till dec 2014 ,that is what it says on the email we received from the embassy

Canadian_Leb

Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-03-2013
Med's Done....
24-01-2013
Passport Req..
02-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2014
LANDED..........
Inshallah 2014-09-12
I am so happy for you guys Candude and mkasad! It is so exciting to see these news on this thread. About time! I couldnt wait to get to work. I saw your reply Candude in the car on my phone and couldnt wait to get to a computer to say Congratulations :D . Congratulations to you mkasad as well. Inshallah the landing goes smoothly and you and your families enjoy your life in Canada. It is starting to warm up. The best time of the year :)

candude8

Star Member
Feb 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa (Beirut)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-01-2013
Doc's Request.
25-1-2014
AOR Received.
06-02-2013
File Transfer...
07-02-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2012
Passport Req..
10-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2014
Canadian_Leb said:
I am so happy for you guys Candude and mkasad! It is so exciting to see these news on this thread. About time! I couldnt wait to get to work. I saw your reply Candude in the car on my phone and couldnt wait to get to a computer to say Congratulations :D . Congratulations to you mkasad as well. Inshallah the landing goes smoothly and you and your families enjoy your life in Canada. It is starting to warm up. The best time of the year :)
Champagne is in the fridge, but we're not celebrating until the fat lady sings. :)

Canadian_Leb

Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-03-2013
Med's Done....
24-01-2013
Passport Req..
02-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2014
LANDED..........
Inshallah 2014-09-12
Awesome candude! you should also remember that you owe chris dinner. jjk. Chris what do you say?

mkasad, what was the date you receive sponsorhsip approval? I sent in my application on March 6, 2013 and received sponsorship approval on March 14, 2013. Did your ecas ever change to "in process"?

I am just comparing. My husband should be next. Inshallah I really hope so :)

mkasad

Nov 5, 2013
hello canadian leb,
i sent my application end of jan 2013
sponsorship approval feb 12 2014
file transferred to cpp 19 feb ,then to the canadian embassy in beirut on 17 sep.

Canadian_Leb

Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-03-2013
Med's Done....
24-01-2013
Passport Req..
02-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2014
LANDED..........
Inshallah 2014-09-12
mkasad said:
on my ecas , they started processing my file in feb 7
Alright! thanks mkasad. so there is about a month between us... Inshallah Khair

is your case a husband or wife situation and which province are you going to?

TSI

Mar 10, 2014
First off: Congratulations to Candude and Mkasad! I just registered to send a note to everyone and say thank you for kind of being an unrecognized support system as we await progress on application statuses.

I have been following this forum for over a year, and even though I have not been registered or submitted anything, you have all in your ways helped my spouse and I cope with the incredibly difficult waiting period. I have always enjoyed and looked forward to everyone's updates. Over time, it feels like the folks on this forum have built an unspoken bond and comradery through our patient endeavour as we inch ever so slowly towards news from the Canadian Immigration system. In short I wanted to say thank you and that your input and responses have been a type of strength to draw from as I wait for my own spouse as well.

Application received: Feb 13, 2013
Sponsorship approval: March 14, 2013
Medical submitted and received with application
Went through the same process of Mississauga --> Ottawa --> Beirut
Status changed to "In process": Feb 17, 2014

On a few occasions we have applied for my spouse to visit me in Canada, but have been refused a Visitor Visa every time (citing ties to Canada), and with my vacation times only adding up to about 4 weeks per year, as I am sure you are all going through, it has been incredibly difficult. But now, as it appears that things have started to move forward, with Candude and Mkasad receiving updates, I am filled with energy and feel hopeful again.

If it wasn't for you guys, I would not have known anything about eCas, or requesting status updates or even filled out the forms properly, for that I am very thankful. I have requested our first status update on Feb 13th, approximately 1 year after initial application submissions. Still waiting for the status.

Best of luck and a speedy approval to everyone!

Canadian_Leb

Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-03-2013
Med's Done....
24-01-2013
Passport Req..
02-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2014
LANDED..........
Inshallah 2014-09-12
Good to hear that this forum has been useful for you TSI.

You should get your notes tomorrow if not Wednesday. It looks like we had the same sponsorship approval date.

I will probably send in a request for new set of notes on Friday this week inshallah unless I hear something by Thursday :)

Tell me about the positive energy and hopes I am filled with after hearing these great news, inshallah we see the rewards of our patience very soon.

Natti

Dec 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut(CPP-O)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2012
AOR Received.
02-11-2012
File Transfer...
17-09-2013
Med's Done....
04-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2014
My husband got his passport request!

Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Wilderness

Star Member
Feb 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa (forwarded to Beirut)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-03-02013
AOR Received.
11-04-2013
File Transfer...
11-04-2013
Natti said:

Congratulations Natti, mkasad, and Candude. 3a 2belna!

Natti, when did you get the sponsorship approval?

lebcan

Star Member
Mar 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA (Beirut)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2013
AOR Received.
09-04-2013
File Transfer...
25-09-2013 (To Beirut)
Med's Done....
02-2013
Passport Req..
05-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2014
LANDED..........
Hopefully Soon
Natti said:

Mabrouk Natti,
If you don't mind me asking...did they contact you lately to give a new police certificate or anything else?? and were you checking you Ecas? did it change to in process or decision made?? just trying to figure out if we are next :))
thanks and mabrouk again for all who got their requests