2) 3-6 weeks depending on volume etc..

Open Application.
Verification for file complete:
a) Application form duly filled
b) Signatures
c) Supporting Documents in checklist
d) Correct fee
e) Correct size Photos

Not good; Stamped incomplete, Return to sender. Money NOT touched. No records made other than letter explaining reason of return.

All Good; processing fee charged, file assigned to CO. Qued to next stage.

3) Next 4-6 weeks; depending on the complexity of files ahead/workload/ethics of CO.
Computer (GCMS) entry made / email AOR
Application form and supporting documents cross verifications, dates etc...??Mini/RQ-I
At this stage all CBSA/background/security clearance requests are generated.
Though GCMS is updated but will reflect to user only after e-cas update.

Proceeds to next stages according to clearances received. ??FP/RQ-II

How do you know if they charged the money or not?
When we paid our credit card got charged straight away?And looking at our statement no money was being sent back.
Also two agents asked us for the receipt number but never commented on it. They only said oh we cannot find your application. There is nothing. (They still got our old address in the system) . We did submitted a case specific inquiry.
Thx

NigerianCanadian

Aug 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Awesome! Thank you! I'll try that number tomorrow then.

Hopefully your invites will come shortly.

PS: test invitation is from Scarborough, and it is dated Tuesday, November 25, 2014 (but mail received on Friday). Hopefully there will be more good news for this group this coming week!

Donvalley said:
Congrats...you are the first one to get test invite in our group.

Our applications were received on same day...don't know if we are que'd too!

Try this number, listen to options carefully : 00-1-613-944-4000 (option 1 for CIC I think..)

Other option is email/fax ASAP...

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
................. [b]e-CAS[/b] (electronic Client Application Status) login : http://goo.gl/dQFOk
NOC Code......
................. [b]How to login e-cas[/b] using client ID: http://imgbox.com/hhIMgYf5
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
................. [b]Case Specific Enquiry[/b]: http://goo.gl/yCBCbB
cfbebe said:
How do you know if they charged the money or not?
When we paid our credit card got charged straight away?And looking at our statement no money was being sent back.
Also two agents asked us for the receipt number but never commented on it. They only said oh we cannot find your application. There is nothing. (They still got our old address in the system) . We did submitted a case specific inquiry.
Thx
There is no direct way to know if they "cashed" it or not but if processed/used and loaded to the system you can login (e-cas) using the Receipt No.

cfbebe

Star Member
Dec 27, 2013
Called again today. Still no news or update. The agent admitted it s weird there is nothing in the system. :0
she doesn't know what could go wrong with an application. She tought we ask about our test date but it s really weird not to have anything in the system.
psss

zujal

Star Member
Mar 16, 2011
toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cfbebe said:
Called again today. Still no news or update. The agent admitted it s weird there is nothing in the system. :0
she doesn't know what could go wrong with an application. She tought we ask about our test date but it s really weird not to have anything in the system.
psss

Hi cfbebe;

like wise. no news and no info in their systems on the file. I was reading elsewhere that their systems get update every Tuesday. so lets see what happens tomorrow and whether we get something in mail by the end of this week. I think last resort is to file for gcms report.

cheers and good luck everybody.

HiCanadiano

Star Member
Aug 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zujal said:
Hi cfbebe;

like wise. no news and no info in their systems on the file. I was reading elsewhere that their systems get update every Tuesday. so lets see what happens tomorrow and whether we get something in mail by the end of this week. I think last resort is to file for gcms report.

Yes. No news and no update here too. Yestersay I submitted the GCMS request. I was told the application didn't get returned and they have the file. But it is really weird I haven't been given any information as to my application since some of October applicants are getting notification and even their received lines disappeared.

abc3896

Star Member
Apr 1, 2011
HI guys:

Just to update my status that i have received the book and AOR from my mail box last Tuesday! And i have another concern hopefully someone could help out. My previous status was common in law with my ex-girlfriend(she sponsored me to be PR), and we broke up after, so now my status is single. will it affect my citizenship application?? Thank you!!

Have a good day guys!

cfbebe

Star Member
Dec 27, 2013
zujal said:
Hi cfbebe;

Mhm yes. What s a gcsm report?
If we haven t heard anything by beginning of January we sent a new application.
This time in a bright coloured envelope and urgent marked on it....lol. still debating if to notd down" please don't loose again"! Lol
okay good to know. Tuesday than.

cfbebe

Star Member
Dec 27, 2013
HiCanadiano said:
Yes. No news and no update here too. Yestersay I submitted the GCMS request. I was told the application didn't get returned and they have the file. But it is really weird I haven't been given any information as to my application since some of October applicants are getting notification and even their received lines disappeared.

GCMS..is this a case specific inquiry cause we already done this on Nov 18th. The last agent told us it takex about a month to gef some info. Yes so weird that even October applicants get notification. Like seriously!!! Wonder how their system can be that dysfunctional. Needs a serious complain about it. It is in the end personal information that get "lost" .But thx guys....good to know we re not alone.

cfbebe

Star Member
Dec 27, 2013
@ HiCanadiano...but I think at least y know that they got your file right?
With us is really nothing...no application received in the system...nada.
the only thing we know that it was signed by M.K ( thx canada post) when delivered by the mail.
That s all....they still got the old address in the system. So yes nada :0

zujal

Star Member
Mar 16, 2011
toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

GCMS is a system that CIC uses to manage the applications (for PR and Citizenship). ECAS is another system that communicates with gcms to retrieve application related information. ECAS is what people have been using to get info on their application status.

You can access your gcms file ( think it costs CAD$5 to get it.) It would show as to whether somebody worked on your file or not. If they did, then what are the remarks that they have put on the file. The problem with gcms file is that it takes 4 to 6 weeks to get it. So it would not be current.

So thus far, the files are not in their system. The call centre agents do not seem to have a clue as to what is happening with these files (are they looking at gcms perhaps? not sure about this though).

It has been over three months since we applied. One possibility is that they may have bypassed all their internal systems and processes and are working on these files in the back ground. The case officer has not bothered to update anything in the systems.Thirdly there is something seriously wrong with us and our files.

cheers

yano4ka

Jan 1, 2014
cfbebe said:
@ HiCanadiano...but I think at least y know that they got your file right?
With us is really nothing...no application received in the system...nada.
the only thing we know that it was signed by M.K ( thx canada post) when delivered by the mail.
That s all....they still got the old address in the system. So yes nada :0
I don't really have anything to add. I also got nada con nada and my case specific inquiry is being ignored as well

latitudeofgratitude

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Peel
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

So I just spoke with 2 CIC agents re: disappearing Received line, The first one was quiet vague and told me that my file was still in Sydney as its a 2 year process.
::)

Called back again and spoke to another agent who was very polite and advised that my AOR was sent out and my file looks fine, However he also stated there is no need to worry about the mailed out AOR, the most important thing to do is to start studying the Discover Canada Book, for which he is happy to send an email with a link to.
Before hanging up I asked if I needed to send any extra documents he said "no, no need to send any extra documents, if you need to do so the local office will get in touch with you, telling you what and where to send it to". so with all this local office talk I asked if my file was at the local office, he said " no its still in Sydney, but you can expect to hear from your local office with a test invite within the next 4-8 months depending on how busy they are".
Lol no two agents are the same but at least they both confirmed the file was still in Sydney.

Positive vibes one and all

latitudeofgratitude

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Peel
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just got the following email

Sir, Madam,

Thank you for contacting Citizenship and Immigration Canada. I am pleased to follow up on your request:

Citizenship test - Study guide
If you are between 18 and 54 years old, you must write the citizenship test. You will have to answer questions evaluating your ability to communicate in English or French and your knowledge and understanding of:
The right to vote in Canada,
The right to run for elected office,
Voting procedures in Canada,
Canada's history,
Canada's geography, and
The rights and responsibilities of a Canadian citizen.
The test contains 20 multiple choice questions. To pass, you must correctly answer a minimum of 15 out of 20 questions. We will send you a copy of the study guide after you apply. The guide may also be found on our website. It contains information and questions to help you prepare for the test.
Please note that in some cases, the test takes place during an interview with a citizenship judge. If this is the case for you, you will be notified by your local CIC.

noor-blue83

Star Member
Jun 17, 2014
latitudeofgratitude said:
Just got the following email

Sir, Madam,

Thank you for contacting Citizenship and Immigration Canada. I am pleased to follow up on your request:

Citizenship test - Study guide
If you are between 18 and 54 years old, you must write the citizenship test. You will have to answer questions evaluating your ability to communicate in English or French and your knowledge and understanding of:

I got the same email. it was sent to me with no case number after I called them and they said my AOR was emailed on the 28th of oct but I never got that email.