+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2014 Citizenship Applications

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
................. [b]e-CAS[/b] (electronic Client Application Status) login : http://goo.gl/dQFOk
NOC Code......
................. [b]How to login e-cas[/b] using client ID: http://imgbox.com/hhIMgYf5
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
................. [b]Case Specific Enquiry[/b]: http://goo.gl/yCBCbB
zujal said:
For me it was the next day.
@ zujal
Charging to credit card next day might be due to processing delays on banking system. Also remember that your application may not even reached CPC Sydney by next day. So cc billing does not give any proof/helpful indication of CIC acceptance of payment.

zujal said:
.........The call center agent did confirm that they have my payment record (i gave them the receipt id) but no application status.
Yes, this is a solid positive sign. If they are able to track the receipt number, sure that your application went past the initial stage, i.e. it is complete and accepted. Now waiting at second stage for: begin the "real processing", by making a GCMS entry /e-cas etc. etc.
From this I believe that your application is sitting on a table some where waiting for the mercy of an agent.
So be patient, you will get the good news soon.

@ Torontonion

Your case may be at same stage too..

zujal

Star Member
Mar 16, 2011
toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Donvalley said:
@ zujal
Charging to credit card next day might be due to processing delays on banking system. Also remember that your application may not even reached CPC Sydney by next day. So cc billing does not give any proof/helpful indication of CIC acceptance of payment.

Yes, this is a solid positive sign. If they are able to track the receipt number, sure that your application went past the initial stage, i.e. it is complete and accepted. Now waiting at second stage for: begin the "real processing", by making a GCMS entry /e-cas etc. etc.
From this I believe that your application is sitting on a table some where waiting for the mercy of an agent.
So be patient, you will get the good news soon.

@ Torontonion

Your case may be at same stage too..

[/quote
Thanks Don Valley. So when do they start with real processing? Like Cbsa check, security and background checks. Do these happen after the file is in GcMS.

thanks

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
................. [b]e-CAS[/b] (electronic Client Application Status) login : http://goo.gl/dQFOk
NOC Code......
................. [b]How to login e-cas[/b] using client ID: http://imgbox.com/hhIMgYf5
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
@ Zujal

1) Day1 or 2
Receiving & date stamping.

2) 3-6 weeks depending on volume etc..

Open Application.
Verification for file complete:
a) Application form duly filled
b) Signatures
c) Supporting Documents in checklist
d) Correct fee
e) Correct size Photos

Not good; Stamped incomplete, Return to sender. Money NOT touched. No records made other than letter explaining reason of return.

All Good; processing fee charged, file assigned to CO. Qued to next stage.

3) Next 4-6 weeks; depending on the complexity of files ahead/workload/ethics of CO.
Computer (GCMS) entry made / email AOR
Application form and supporting documents cross verifications, dates etc...??Mini/RQ-I
At this stage all CBSA/background/security clearance requests are generated.
Though GCMS is updated but will reflect to user only after e-cas update.

Proceeds to next stages according to clearances received. ??FP/RQ-II

zujal

Star Member
Mar 16, 2011
toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Donvalley said:
@ Zujal

1) Day1 or 2

Open Application.
b) Signatures
d) Correct fee
e) Correct size Photos

Not good; Stamped incomplete, Return to sender. Money NOT touched. No records made other than letter explaining reason of return.

3) Next 4-6 weeks; depending on the complexity of files ahead/workload/ethics of CO.
Application form and supporting documents cross verifications, dates etc...??Mini/RQ-I

Thanks again Don Valley. This is very helpful.

love bird 43

Aug 13, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Donvalley said:
@ Zujal

1) Day1 or 2

Open Application.
b) Signatures
d) Correct fee
e) Correct size Photos

good

alexdive

Aug 19, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
oct 23, 2014
LANDED..........
12-01-2012
SORRY ...this on-line service is currently not available.
Possible reasons:

We are currently updating this Web site.
We are experiencing technical difficulties.

Please try again later.
---
Hoping we all see our ecas activated Monday morning for both AOR by mail and email.
Cheers

NigerianCanadian

Aug 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

Big update: I just received mail that I've been invited to write my citizenship test on December 8th. I was definitely not expecting that at all so soon. My mum just got the mail on Friday.
Big problem: I'm on an exchange semester abroad until January. It was all in my application (transcript, exchange letter, etc), so CIC knew.
Big question: Anyone know if the test date can be postponed? Is it only done in special circumstances? I'm in Europe, so the 1-888 number wont work from here. Any one know their number for outside Canada calls?

Thanks guys!

My stats:
Applicant received: August 8, 2014
In process (Ecas): October 24, 2014
Exam invitation: December 8, 2014
Local Office: I live in Brampton, so whatever is closest to here.

Ronaldo Da Lima 89

Star Member
Aug 2, 2014
Nigerian Canadian.

Congrats but thats too weired because usually CIC sends the test invitation before a month at least.

Anyway, dont make any delays and try your best to come the exam and do it even if you have to come to Canada and leave it on the same day!

NigerianCanadian

Aug 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks a lot. Ya I was not expecting this at all. I'm happy and thankful but unprepared for this. My mum also just received the AOR + Discover Canada book in the mail this Friday. So it all came at the same time which gives me like a week to study. So weird.

Anyway, I'll have to give them a call tomorrow. I start final exams next week and can't come back to Canada in time to write this one.

Ronaldo Da Lima 89 said:
Nigerian Canadian.

Congrats but thats too weired because usually CIC sends the test invitation before a month at least.

Anyway, dont make any delays and try your best to come the exam and do it even if you have to come to Canada and leave it on the same day!

cfbebe

Star Member
Dec 27, 2013
Yes same here!! : (

So frustrating. We got case specific inquiry now but still nothing.
And if the next agent says oh we might gave sent it back we gonna tell them that for that they would have gad to change our address, which is not the case. Duh.
We gonna call again next week. Ours was signed by M.K.
This is confidential information, I don't get it what they do with it

cfbebe

Star Member
Dec 27, 2013
Torontonion said:
Hi Zujal
Don't worry you are not alone I am on same boat, my application was received by cic on 18th of August and no news so far, i submit a case specific inquiry on last Wednesday and not get any response yet, still hope and pray for some good news. :'(
Count me in too.
Still nothing and submitted case specific almost 2 weeks ago ( Tuesday will be 2 weeks).
it s frustrating to see that everyone us receiving their books and even test exam.
what s more annoying, we can call now and ask for our application but they can't find it. Wtf!!!

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
NigerianCanadian said:
Hi Guys,

Big update: I just received mail that I've been invited to write my citizenship test on December 8th....
Congrats...you are the first one to get test invite in our group.

Our applications were received on same day...don't know if we are que'd too!

Try this number, listen to options carefully : 00-1-613-944-4000 (option 1 for CIC I think..)

Other option is email/fax ASAP...