+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2014 Citizenship Applications

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wow a lot of updates, congrats.

Hopefully we will see test dates coming up for us by Dec - Jan.

Saif1587

Oct 8, 2009
Received AOR letter with booklet. Issue date Oct 29th, Letter received 26th Nov

--------------------------------------------------------
Application sent: 25-Aug-14
Application received: 28-Aug-14
Application Processing started :29-Oct-14(ECAS update)
Application received line removed:11-Nov-14

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
................. [b]e-CAS[/b] (electronic Client Application Status) login : http://goo.gl/dQFOk
NOC Code......
................. [b]How to login e-cas[/b] using client ID: http://imgbox.com/hhIMgYf5
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
................. [b]Case Specific Enquiry[/b]: http://goo.gl/yCBCbB
zujal said:
Hi Everyone;

I just called CIC and asked them about my application (they received it on 29th of Aug 2014). I was advised that there is no record of my application in their systems. I was also advised that either it has been returned or it never got to them!

Fedex confirmed that it was received on 29th of August 2014 by D Stapleton. Any ideas what is going on? should i send a new application or wait for another few weeks?

regards
CIC agents are proven not true always. In most cases I saw here updates coming though a little bit late.
I will suggest to wait few more days; or send a case specific query if you are cent percent sure about your application is complete.
Otherwise, if you expect a return for some reason i.e. forget to attach anything in the document checklist etc..then forwarding another application is a good idea.

zujal

Star Member
Mar 16, 2011
toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Donvalley said:
CIC agents are proven not true always. In most cases I saw here updates coming though a little bit late.
I will suggest to wait few more days; or send a case specific query if you are cent percent sure about your application is complete.
Otherwise, if you expect a return for some reason i.e. forget to attach anything in the document checklist etc..then forwarding another application is a good idea.

Thanks Don valley;

a question please. i have checked my credit card statement and it reflects that the payment for my application did get go to CIC. I am not sure why they have not updated the file even though the payment has been accepted. This is extremely disturbing.

thanks

asagalen

May 22, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 18, 2010
AOR Received.
April 3,2010
Med's Request
April 3, 2010
Med's Done....
April 14, 2010
Passport Req..
May 21, 2010/Ecas: DM June 23 2010
VISA ISSUED...
July 14, 2010
LANDED..........
july 17, 2010
zujal said:
Thanks Don valley;

a question please. i have checked my credit card statement and it reflects that the payment for my application did get go to CIC. I am not sure why they have not updated the file even though the payment has been accepted. This is extremely disturbing.

thanks
Hi zupal,

Isn't it that the moment you paid the fee online it is reflected right away on the credit card balance?. in my case the payment reflected right away.

latitudeofgratitude

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Peel
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No news can also be good news!!!

People with quicker updates ie . Received line disappearing quickly after in-process are being RQ'ed

A friend of mine, receive line disappeared quickly and got RQ'ed today. came on the forum this morning and in other threads receive lines are disappearing
with at least another forum member reporting RQ consequently.
I also had Receive line disappear, but no other mail yet.
So we shall see.

alexdive

Aug 19, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
oct 23, 2014
LANDED..........
12-01-2012
latitudeofgratitude said:
No news can also be good news!!!

People with quicker updates ie . Received line disappearing quickly after in-process are being RQ'ed

A friend of mine, receive line disappeared quickly and got RQ'ed today. came on the forum this morning and in other threads receive lines are disappearing
with at least another forum member reporting RQ consequently.
I also had Receive line disappear, but no other mail yet.
So we shall see.
I asked an agent ysterday if my application is okay. She said it looks okay so far and might be no RQ. Btw, ecas should be activated in a few weeks.
Best

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
alexdive,

I am not sure they are really able to see that much. All they say is "it is in process" and they don't have a proper explanation on why those with email AOR cannot see e-CAS yet. One of them said...its the same as the ones who got their AOR with the book in the mail ? Another says they are moving towards email AORs only. Then why is it that those even in July / Aug/Sep have a mix. Some Email AOR (with no ecAS yet) and others in the mail (with eCAS access).

Wonder what this new pilot is about ? Meanwhile someone in Vancvouver was done in 4 short months...I was like really ? :eek:

zujal

Star Member
Mar 16, 2011
toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
asagalen said:
Hi zupal,

Isn't it that the moment you paid the fee online it is reflected right away on the credit card balance?. in my case the payment reflected right away.

For me it was the next day.

zujal

Star Member
Mar 16, 2011
toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
folks a question.

When cic receives the application what do they exactly do with it? Is it assigned directly to the agents for processing or pooled with other applications received on the same day? If they can not find anything about my application (received by CIC, signed off by D.Stapleton, on 29 Aug 2014) on their systems, then what does it mean. Has it not been opened yet? The call center agent did confirm that they have my payment record (i gave them the receipt id) but no application status.

this is agonizingly absurd! its been three months since the application was sent and still nothing! The call center guy advised me to wait for another month and see if i hear anything. 1 more month?

I have already raised 2 case inquiries and they have not responded. Any body else with these time lines who has not heard anything yet?
Any suggestions what can i do? I do not want to wait for another month. Should i just withdraw the application perhaps?

thanks

Torontonion

Star Member
Nov 19, 2014
Hi Zujal
Don't worry you are not alone I am on same boat, my application was received by cic on 18th of August and no news so far, i submit a case specific inquiry on last Wednesday and not get any response yet, still hope and pray for some good news. :'(

zujal

Star Member
Mar 16, 2011
toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Torontonion said:
Hi Zujal
Don't worry you are not alone I am on same boat, my application was received by cic on 18th of August and no news so far, i submit a case specific inquiry on last Wednesday and not get any response yet, still hope and pray for some good news. :'(

Thanks torotonion. Let's see how things unfold. Good luck to everyone.

Regards