18-Aug-2012
Passport Req..
08-Mar-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-Apr-2013
LANDED..........
2-May-2013
Hi All,

I URGENTLY need some advise on my wife's spousal sponsorship application!

We recently got a PPR request from NDVO (new Delhi visa office) and we are going to submit the passport soon. We just realized today that our Police Clearance at the time of Application Submission was 4 Months old. Although the VISA office has not asked us to re-submit the Police Clearance Certificate, we are concerned that they may. We feel so because:-

1. There is a rule on CIC website, which says that Police Clearance at the time of Application Submission should not be more than 3 months old.

2. Please note that Police Clearance certificate we submitted explicitly stated that its Valid for 6 months from the date of Issue. It was issued on 31-Aug-2012 so technically it expired on 28-Feb-2013. Our application processing started on 31-Dec-2012

The whole police clearance thing in India is a relatively long affair; so a part of me says that for now I just submit the passport and take a chance on Police Clearance. A part of me says that I send the Renewed Police Clearance (if possible soon with the passport) or later.

Anyone faced similar dilemma? Please advise.

Thanks,
hm82

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
hm82 said:
Hi All,

We recently got a PPR request from NDVO (new Delhi visa office) and we are going to submit the passport soon. We just realized today that our Police Clearance at the time of Application Submission was 4 Months old. Although the VISA office has not asked us to re-submit the Police Clearance Certificate, we are concerned that they may. We feel so because:-

1. There is a rule on CIC website, which says that Police Clearance at the time of Application Submission should not be more than 3 months old.

2. Please note that Police Clearance certificate we submitted explicitly stated that its Valid for 6 months from the date of Issue. It was issued on 31-Aug-2012 so technically it expired on 28-Feb-2013. Our application processing started on 31-Dec-2012

The whole police clearance thing in India is a relatively long affair; so a part of me says that for now I just submit the passport and take a chance on Police Clearance. A part of me says that I send the Renewed Police Clearance (if possible soon with the passport) or later.

Thanks,
hm82
Perhaps you can send them a Case Specific Enquiry asking them? and while you are waiting on a response you can get the ball rolling with the new certificate and if they do say they need one then you will be prepared and if they don't then no harm. I'm sure if someone has dealt with this before you will get a reply back, if not on here you can maybe start your own seperate thread on the subject and see what others say on the forum

kimabel

Feb 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Iay said:
If you have checked the spreadsheet for Manila VO (it's under my ticker), people getting PPR as of the moment are those who got their SAs in August. So, I would say you are still on track. Maybe next month or couple of months, you will get your PPR too, as you mentioned, you got your SA on October. :)

Also, it is not a good idea to compare your timeline with your batchmates in August 2012 date of application as we all have different processing times depending on the VO. It is better to compare with the people with the same VO as yours :)

Again, you are still totally on track. All the best!
Hi!!

Is that so? Im very anxious about everything so I dont know what is going on. Oh, and how do I access the spreadsheet? I am really new to all this and I dont even know how to send a message.

Thank you for all your help!

All of you are really nice and you all helped me a lot and I am really greatful!! :)

kimabel

Feb 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Also,

I wanted to ask how I will be able to reply to a message sent to me? I cannot reply back. I am truly thankful to anyone who can answer!

zenn

Feb 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2012
AOR Received.
26-09-2012
Med's Done....
10-05-2012; Re-med: 06/2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
26-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2013
kimabel said:
Also,

I wanted to ask how I will be able to reply to a message sent to me? I cannot reply back. I am truly thankful to anyone who can answer!
Click on "quote".. a new page will open.. you can type in your msg there and click "post"

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
kimabel said:
Also,

You can't reply to a private message sent to your inbox until you have reached 10 posts in the forum, so post a couple more times and you'll be able to respond!

To access the spread sheet, u can click in my signature on the bottom, which contains the link to the August 2012 spreadsheet. To have your info added onto the spreadsheet, type a message in here with your details and Scottishmaple (the one in charge of the spreadsheet) will add your details. You can just post it as a post here in this thread.

scos

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2012-08-01
AOR Received.
2012-10-16
Med's Request
2013-05-02
Med's Done....
2013-05-07
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
2013-05-02, In-Process: 2013-06-04, Decision Made: 2013-07-25
VISA ISSUED...
2013-07-30
LANDED..........
2013-08-18
kimabel said:
Hi!!

Is that so? Im very anxious about everything so I dont know what is going on. Oh, and how do I access the spreadsheet? I am really new to all this and I dont even know how to send a message.

All of you are really nice and you all helped me a lot and I am really greatful!! :)
If you want the Manila VO spreadsheet click the link in my signature line.

sidhu1982

Star Member
Aug 25, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi
hm82 said:
Hi All,

Thanks,
hm82
HM82, you will have to submit a new PCC along with the passport since the one you provided wasnt valid for submission. when you receive Passport request, they usually request 3 things 1. PP 2. PCC 3. landing fee. if you dont sudmit now, they will most probably not start backgound checks and criminality until very end. my suggestion, get a new PCC even if it take 2 weeks and submit everything together

CharlizeRai

Apr 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2012
AOR Received.
06-09-2012
File Transfer...
14-09-2012
Med's Done....
13-04-2012
Interview........
WAIVED :)
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
6-02-2013
LANDED..........
APRIL 9 :)
hm82 said:
Hi All,

Thanks,
hm82
I would await on your visa office and see what they say. Due to unfavourable happenings, when I resubmitted my application a month after the initial submission, the visa office accepted my at the time, 4 month old police clearance. I think part of the reason they ask for something no more than 3 months old, is because the process can take so long. I'm not sure if this applies to all police clearances, but I know that some are valid for 1 year after their issue. CIC just wants them within the first 3 months.

AKA. It wasn't an issue for my application to have an expired police check. Given that I had assumed it would be, I paid again for a new police check, but was never asked for it.

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
CharlizeRai said:
YOU ARE FANTASTIC!
kyc221 said:
I'm still the only one for my VO (none to compare to :p ), but that was an excellent idea, Scottishmaple!
kyc221 said:
I'm still the only one for my VO (none to compare to :p ), but that was an excellent idea, Scottishmaple!
Thanks, so much praise, it is great for my ego...haha

kimabel said:
Hi!!

If you would like to be added to the August spreadsheet, post your timeline on this thread and I can add your details. The link to the spreadsheet is also in my signature..

the_joe

Mar 14, 2013
Hey all,
First time poster on this on this forum. I hope this page is still pretty active.

My status updated to "a decision has been made" in late February but I have gotten no other contact from the office. Has this happened to anyone else/should I be worried?

I'm American and my wife and I would be living in BC. I was told on the phone that the application is in Ottawa but thats all the info I have.

Best,
Joe

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
the_joe said:
Hey all,
First time poster on this on this forum. I hope this page is still pretty active.

My status updated to "a decision has been made" in late February but I have gotten no other contact from the office. Has this happened to anyone else/should I be worried?

I'm American and my wife and I would be living in BC. I was told on the phone that the application is in Ottawa but thats all the info I have.

Best,
Joe
That sounds good to me. If there had been a problem or a question they would have contacted you for an interview or more documentation.

JMStargazer

Oct 23, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/08/2012
AOR Received.
02/09/2012
File Transfer...
04/09/2012
Med's Done....
29/03/2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
12/02/2013
VISA ISSUED...
13/03/2013
I landed yesterday! :D

As Jerry Garcia so eloquently stated, "What a long, strange trip it's been."

the_joe

Mar 14, 2013
IvanP said:
That sounds good to me. If there had been a problem or a question they would have contacted you for an interview or more documentation.
Ok. Thats comforting. Does history show that they'd be contacting me by mail or phone, etc? And would mail go to my home address in the states or her address in Canada?

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
JMStargazer said:
I landed yesterday! :D

As Jerry Garcia so eloquently stated, "What a long, strange trip it's been."
Congratulations!!

Feels good I bet! I know it does for my husband.