+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2012 Applicants Thread =)

Luckyman

Sep 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Super pissed off!!!

.....so i finally got through to call center as they instructed me to call back around this time last week of August. The reason for the call is to see if I would have my place held in cue because of my application return late July from the submission late May.

Well....nope, no file created, no number, no record.

BUT!!!

Others get their place held in cue for application return for the same reason (outdated forms)....and the call center agent went on to describe that it's the VO's discretion whether or not to open case file and hold place in cue......yet again, playing blackjack with our flippin' lives!

hmmmm....should I hit, stand, or double down!!

This really PISSES me off....considering we all have to remember that this is a service WE are paying for.....and considering I'm born Canadian, my parents are born Canadian, my parents parents are born Canadian....and we have all paid Canadian taxes our entire working lives, I can't help but steam out my ears, and vane poppin' on my forehead....I mean I understand the process, I understand the staff are hard at work, I understand we all have to wait, and I understand people are human and make mistakes......BUT

FACTS:
- The process is NOT sequential
- The process is NOT fair (at all)
- The timelines are garbage.....(what does it mean 86, or 66 days when some wait several months past, and some approval in 30 days)
****regarding above, complexity of application is NOT the case...

So anyway, I'm not to pleased with Canada, and I for one am NOT a proud Canadian at this point.

Can I change my username to "unluckyman"

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

quietloud

Jul 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2012
AOR Received.
27-08-2012
Med's Done....
23-07-2012
So sorry to hear that. Super frustrating!
This whole process makes me wonder how much marriage fraud is there anyway? Is there really a need for such a strict process?

Luckyman

Sep 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's class act power tripping and over corporate style bureaucratic tyranny!

Lets say one of the VO's had a crappy night, or is having problems with the Mrs. or Mr.

Do you think they want to look at happy pictures of our marriages....nope....that's one example, but just think of the situation.....then we pay with our entire life plans.

Sometimes I'd like to take some of their husbands, wives, and children and place them in a country where they need entry visa admission to Canada, strip of their passport, and then go through the same procedure!!

Lets see how smooth the process gets after that!

CharlizeRai

Apr 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2012
AOR Received.
06-09-2012
File Transfer...
14-09-2012
Med's Done....
13-04-2012
Interview........
WAIVED :)
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
6-02-2013
LANDED..........
APRIL 9 :)

joezimmer

Apr 20, 2012
All Over North America
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2012
AOR Received.
21-08-2012
IELTS Request
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
24-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
19-02-2013
LANDED..........
ASAP!
R151NG5UN said:
Lol I dont remember that paper either and certainly never specified my VO. I assume they probably know your Visa office as they requested scanned pages of your passport, asked your nationality on application form, your birth certificate etc etc. I only see a slight mishap if you have dual citizenship already where they may send it to the "other" VO by mistake. When we had sponsor approval they sent a letter to my wife telling me what VO the file had been sent to (and it was perfectly correct).

I would not worry much to be honest unless you have dual citizenship or some other extraordinary circumstance.

Good luck :D
it was on page A-3 of the Country Specific Instructions (USA) I don't see it being a problem but no way to tell, cant get through on a call and wouldnt get any info anyway, no UCI# GRRRRRR!

kyc221

Feb 20, 2012
Santiago, Chile
Category........
Visa Office......
Santiago, Chile
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-10-2012
Med's Done....
25-05-2012
Passport Req..
26-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-05-2013
LANDED..........
20-05-2013
tink23 said:
I keep thinking of little things I could/ should have sent along with my husband's PR application.... ??? I'm already starting to freak myself out! Wouldn't it be nice for everyone if they could just get on with it!!!!!
I know what you mean. I did that for a few days after sending my app package, but stopped because a) there's nothing we can do about it now b)it won't help the process to think of the what ifs...
Hold on, and be patient :) You did your best and now it's up to them.

Luckyman said:
It's class act power tripping and over corporate style bureaucratic tyranny!

Lets say one of the VO's had a crappy night, or is having problems with the Mrs. or Mr.
What frustrates me about this process is that there are no guidelines for this kind of situation, or if there are, they are not being followed. I think everyone should have the exact same treatment, and that includes your case and everyone else's (outdated forms, missing one document, whatever). I'm sure these situations are not unheard of, therefore they should be accounted for in the guidelines. It shouldn't be left to the VO to decide whether they keep your place in line or not.

I'm so sorry to hear of what you're going through. I will be forever thankful to you for warning us of the updated forms. Sadly, all we can do in return is being your venting board... so go ahead.

Luckyman

Sep 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I completely agree....everyone should get exactly the same treatment, once they receive an application...ANY application, it should be one persons job to assign a case number for tracking....it's very simple, have someones job dedicated to application input/output.

VO decides he/she wants to return application....gives to THAT person
New applications come in....THAT person distributes to VO's as they become free in a sequential fashion, and if they are return applications, they can regulate their place in Queue.

This way the processing time will be standardized, and the VO's responsibility is to actually process the application......

I don't think this is a procedure that is terribly difficult, nor do I think CIC is absent the resources to implement it.

Thanks to all for the kind words...and putting up with my venting....it does make me feel better!

Cheers!

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
Luckyman said:
I completely agree....everyone should get exactly the same treatment, once they receive an application...ANY application, it should be one persons job to assign a case number for tracking....it's very simple, have someones job dedicated to application input/output.

VO decides he/she wants to return application....gives to THAT person
New applications come in....THAT person distributes to VO's as they become free in a sequential fashion, and if they are return applications, they can regulate their place in Queue.

This way the processing time will be standardized, and the VO's responsibility is to actually process the application......

I don't think this is a procedure that is terribly difficult, nor do I think CIC is absent the resources to implement it.

Thanks to all for the kind words...and putting up with my venting....it does make me feel better!

Cheers!

kyc221 said:
I know what you mean. I did that for a few days after sending my app package, but stopped because a) there's nothing we can do about it now b)it won't help the process to think of the what ifs...
Hold on, and be patient :) You did your best and now it's up to them.
Yes, it doesn't help any, but it's hard to stop the mind from wandering!

I agree, luckyman. the first thing that should happen is they assign a client number so EVERYONE has someone to send it back to. I hope for your sake that there is some kind of notice for the visa officer that receives your file, even though the call centre agent says otherwise.... waiting another 2 months is really not right when you've already waited 3.

sweetformysweet

Star Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2012
AOR Received.
27-09-2012
File Transfer...
27-09-2012
Med's Done....
07-06-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-04-2013
LANDED..........
24-05-2013
Hi there, can someone add me to the spreadsheet...

application sent: August 15, 2012
application received: August 17, 2012
Medical Done: June 7, 2012
Visa Office : Manila

Thanks

louie_ann

Star Member
Aug 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 13, 2012
Med's Done....
July 3, 2012
sweetformysweet said:
Hi there, can someone add me to the spreadsheet...

application sent: August 15, 2012
application received: August 17, 2012
Medical Done: June 7, 2012
Visa Office : Manila

Thanks
You're added. :)

msmart

Aug 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-08-2012
AOR Received.
13-10-2012
File Transfer...
15-10-2012
Passport Req..
22-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-05-2013
LANDED..........
2 weeks
How do you know the application was received? Ours was sent by the lawyer should I ask them about a tracking number?

Thanks

Shylox

May 22, 2012
Vancouver, BC/Pittsburgh, PA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 13th 2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
October 22nd 2012
Med's Done....
June 7th 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Never got one
VISA ISSUED...
February 21st, 2013
LANDED..........
February 28th, 2013
msmart said:
How do you know the application was received? Ours was sent by the lawyer should I ask them about a tracking number?

Thanks
Yes you should try and get a tracking number, CIC won't update you on anything until(and if) you get an AOR about 2 months or so after they get your application. Good luck!

sweetformysweet

Star Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2012
AOR Received.
27-09-2012
File Transfer...
27-09-2012
Med's Done....
07-06-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-04-2013
LANDED..........
24-05-2013

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
msmart said:

Thanks
definitely....!!!!