+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2012 applicants, join here.

newlywed

Jun 12, 2011
Hi Everyone,

I've been looking throught various spreadsheets, and it seems rare that entire applications get sent back. I think that generally they just send you new forms or request information that is missing. When this happens it seems that those files still get processed around the same amount of time, so you don't go back into a new 90-100 day queue once the new info is in.

Also has anyone found any threads of lost application packages, I think that happens even less often than entire packages returned.

My guess is that there will be few calamities in this process and much boredom at waiting for the bureaucracy to run its course, in an oh so bureaucratic manner..

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
Fencesitter said:
So another day and nothing for April. Damnit! CIC is the slowest organization in the world!

I have 90 days and 100 days on my calendar. If the 82 day figure on the CIC website is way off, what should we expect? 100 days? Or will it be even longer?

The other question is in regards to the backlog at each visa office (there's a separate thread). Hong Kong has a backlog of something like 2,700 applications. So, how is it that my wife is reading of cases very similar to ours being processed in 3-4 months? Does the HK visa office open the applications and prioritize them? Or is it all just a matter of waiting in line? It would seem they prioritize, because how else would some applicant's be approved so fast while others take longer.

FS
Yeah FS the website is way off.....I was day 109 before I got the AOR.....seems that they might have reduced that a little bit but it is by no means 82 days (or 89 days can't remember) it's easily 100 for most people right now. Hang in there you will hear shortly......I suspect Thursday and Friday will be very busy days.....it will take them a day or two to get over the long week :p

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
I don't get this whole "it will take them a day to get over the long weekend" stuff. I mean, they're professionals, right? It astounds me if this really is true and it takes them time to recover from having a long weekend. How totally unprofessional is that? I would never act in such a manner...when I am at work, I get down to work...I don't waste time...sure, some talk about the weekend, but that would be before working hours, you know, during the morning coffee in the staff room or something...

The other concern is the date shown on the CIC website. They are pretty much finished with March, but since the last date shown was February 29, will they still post dates in March, even though they are finished with those applications? In other words, will they simply skip ahead to end of March and then start updating with April??

FS

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Fencesitter said:
I don't get this whole "it will take them a day to get over the long weekend" stuff. I mean, they're professionals, right? It astounds me if this really is true and it takes them time to recover from having a long weekend. How totally unprofessional is that? I would never act in such a manner...when I am at work, I get down to work...I don't waste time...sure, some talk about the weekend, but that would be before working hours, you know, during the morning coffee in the staff room or something...

The other concern is the date shown on the CIC website. They are pretty much finished with March, but since the last date shown was February 29, will they still post dates in March, even though they are finished with those applications? In other words, will they simply skip ahead to end of March and then start updating with April??

FS
People sometimes take extra days off around a holiday. Or they are tired, lol. But seriously there were two approvals announced today, I don't think it was that bad. We are only a small representation of all the applicants.

The date will jump ahead. It was accurate to say Feb 28 because they were still working on Feb. It will just create more chaos and worry to put the most recent date the fastest officer is on. But they should be more accurate with the number of days it takes to get approved.

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
Fencesitter said:

FS
FS....they are civil servents...they do not have quotas to fill; they do not have to work extra hard to maintain their jobs.....if they were in the private sector I am sure things would be moving faster....having said that the government announced major lay-offs shortly and immigration was hit pretty hard......so really what have they got to lose if they are on the chopping block....why would they work hard if they are going to face unemployment in the foreseeable future.......I am sure their work environment is not the greatest right now......

And yes they will probably post a March date so anyone in April cannot phone because you know the routine when you phone if the date has not passed that is shown on the website they cannot help you....they try sometimes but some of them don't........

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
Fencesitter said:
So another day and nothing for April. Damnit! CIC is the slowest organization in the world!

I have 90 days and 100 days on my calendar. If the 82 day figure on the CIC website is way off, what should we expect? 100 days? Or will it be even longer?

The other question is in regards to the backlog at each visa office (there's a separate thread). Hong Kong has a backlog of something like 2,700 applications. So, how is it that my wife is reading of cases very similar to ours being processed in 3-4 months? Does the HK visa office open the applications and prioritize them? Or is it all just a matter of waiting in line? It would seem they prioritize, because how else would some applicant's be approved so fast while others take longer.

FS
Yap! Just read a post from a March application... AOR in 96 days and "approved" in 98 days. My turn next month (May apps), hopefully my internet goes down between day 90 and day 100 :)

bubblebee

May 29, 2012
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 6, 2012
AOR Received.
/sponsorship approval: July 11, 2012
File Transfer...
July 17, 2012
Med's Done....
March 21, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
/Date issued: Sept. 13,2012/recvd:Oct. 3,2012
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 24, 2012 /received: Nov. 17, 2012
LANDED..........
DECEMBER :) :) :) :)
Rosie Lee said:
Well that suggests that if something is wrti=ong with your application, we would have heard by now. :) No suggestion were the email originated from tho. ::)
I talked to her and she said her husband didnt see which case processing center it came from, it just said its from "canadian immigration" and he was given 2 differents numbers, the UCI and the application number. The weirdest thing is that no one got an AOR or any news from the immigration in this thread or in manila visa thread. Anyway, I hope I answered ur question :)

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Someone from the end of May got an AOR! BCGirl, a regular poster. Crazy!

mobeyk

Oct 10, 2011
Picton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-04-2012
Doc's Request.
additional docs 29-08-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
10-07-2012
Med's Done....
15-11-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 8 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 10 2012
Sweden said:
just an idea - it's like Fence Sitter deciding to get in shape and loosing 15kg in 3 months - impressive!! so - at the end you can even consider that CIC is good for your own health! ( I know -I'm pushing it a bit, but well....).
I laughed. Certainly not good for our mental health. I catched myself checking more often the email and even checking the mailbox twice a day. Itg will go as it goes. For sure next week will see a significant movement. How about reading a book. By the time you are done with it either happened or you will get AOR soon.

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
So what's this about a standard? BCGirl gets an AOR!! I'm very happy for her, no doubt, and I really hope she gets the approval within a week.

It's driving me mad! How can they jump around like this? I'm picturing the CIC office full of monkey bars with the visa officers swinging around laughing it up...'Hey, chimp, here's an application from July 2012..."...."Thanks, ape, here's that one that we forgot about from the beginning of February..."...I also imagine desks with mountains of cocaine...they're all getting high while we, the clients, suffer!

It's total BS!!!

I have lost hope...next week...doubtful...probably hear something in a month from now!!! Damnit!

FS

BCgirl2012

May 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
AOR Received.
03-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-07-2012
Med's Done....
16-12-2011
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
I honestly don't think they are processing our case. My guess is they just scanned the first barcode page for the sponsor, and maybe they decided to send the email. So we probably will hear next time in two months or so.

I can't understand the logic of why this hasn't happened for other applicants with the new sponsor form, but I certainly hope they start sending AORs more frequently. With the new forms, it's just a scan, and they have all of our info there.

The other point I have noticed, just as a crude sampling out of the number of people in the spreadsheets, April and May have much lower people than Feb and March. So hopefully, these two months will be speedier.

Good luck to all of us!

Rosie Lee

Mar 1, 2012
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2012
File Transfer...
9-07-2012
Med's Done....
27-03-2012
Interview........
Doubt it
LANDED..........
Feb 2013??
I reckon this week will be a little slower, people often book holiday time next to national holidays. There where a couple of approvals from the end of March yesterday which is pretty good. Thursday and Friday will be better, things will start filtering through. Next week will be our first proper April week!!
Congrats BCGirl. :D
I believe that they briefly go through the apps before processing to see if there are any that obviously are incorrect or require something extra. This would concure with the people who get notification that they need alterations.
I think BCGirls AOR came from this pre-process.

Rosie :-*

bubblebee

May 29, 2012
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 6, 2012
AOR Received.
/sponsorship approval: July 11, 2012
File Transfer...
July 17, 2012
Med's Done....
March 21, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
/Date issued: Sept. 13,2012/recvd:Oct. 3,2012
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 24, 2012 /received: Nov. 17, 2012
LANDED..........
DECEMBER :) :) :) :)
Oh, well thats surprising... congratulations bcgirl :)

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
BCgirl2012 said:
I honestly don't think they are processing our case. My guess is they just scanned the first barcode page for the sponsor, and maybe they decided to send the email. So we probably will hear next time in two months or so.

I can't understand the logic of why this hasn't happened for other applicants with the new sponsor form, but I certainly hope they start sending AORs more frequently. With the new forms, it's just a scan, and they have all of our info there.

The other point I have noticed, just as a crude sampling out of the number of people in the spreadsheets, April and May have much lower people than Feb and March. So hopefully, these two months will be speedier.

Good luck to all of us!
Hey BCgirl,

wow! AOR received and your application is from end of May - that's awesome!

It's funny if you think about it - now we get very happy about something that probably should be the "norm" - sending an AOR for every application, especially with the new form...

Happy for you!
take care,
Sweden