Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
You're not toast yet...just a nice piece of bread...

Seriously, if they send the application back, spin it to be a positive...at least you know they received it...and at least you know you will only be delayed by 2-3 weeks...and at least you will have a better estimate on when to expect the approval letter...

I'm freaking out, too...in case you haven't noticed...I'm so worried that CIC lost my application...I really couldn't take it if I had to do everything again and then wait...and wait...and wait...

Yes, one of the agents confirmed they have my information in their system showing I paid the fees...but then another agent said she couldn't find anything...who am I to believe???? I have the confirmation of delivery e-mail from UPS...signed by KIM and delivered to the mail room on April 13 at 10:24a.m. Still, what if they've lost it???!!!! AH!!!

What if it takes 100+ days for the approval? All I'm doing is thinking "what if??"...even my wife, who is normally very cool, is starting to get worried...

And like you, Rosie, I also worry about them returning my package or asking me to redo a form...even though I am fairly certain I did everything correct...Wait! I forgot to put N/A in the space where it asks for a fax number...but I filled the form electronically and it wouldn't allow me to type letters, so I left it blank...damnit! Does that even matter? All the other more important sections I wrote N/A...but not the fax...oh no!!!

Panic attack... :-[

FS

Rosie Lee

Mar 1, 2012
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2012
File Transfer...
9-07-2012
Med's Done....
27-03-2012
Interview........
Doubt it
LANDED..........
Feb 2013??
Fencesitter said:

Seriously, if they send the application back, spin it to be a positive...at least you know they received it...and at least you know you will only be delayed by 2-3 weeks...and at least you will have a better estimate on when to expect the approval letter...

I'm freaking out, too...in case you haven't noticed...I'm so worried that CIC lost my application...I really couldn't take it if I had to do everything again and then wait...and wait...and wait...

Yes, one of the agents confirmed they have my information in their system showing I paid the fees...but then another agent said she couldn't find anything...who am I to believe???? I have the confirmation of delivery e-mail from UPS...signed by KIM and delivered to the mail room on April 13 at 10:24a.m. Still, what if they've lost it???!!!! AH!!!

What if it takes 100+ days for the approval? All I'm doing is thinking "what if??"...even my wife, who is normally very cool, is starting to get worried...

And like you, Rosie, I also worry about them returning my package or asking me to redo a form...even though I am fairly certain I did everything correct...Wait! I forgot to put N/A in the space where it asks for a fax number...but I filled the form electronically and it wouldn't allow me to type letters, so I left it blank...damnit! Does that even matter? All the other more important sections I wrote N/A...but not the fax...oh no!!!

FS
Yes, i had noticed the panic attack from your corner, it rather goes with the territory!!
We didn't write in N/A anywhere after printing, kinda expected the computer to be knowing what it was doing not letting us put anything in! And i lost the postage receipt, so i don't know it was ever recieved.
I do think it will be returned. If i was looking at it i would return it, in comparrison with what other people seem to have done.
But your right, i can look at it as hopefuly an email detailing what they need us to redo, and then 2-3 weeks for approval. I just don't want to go back down to the bottom of the pile again. :'(

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Fencesitter said:

FS
Hey FS,

breathe!!

i'm sure you will be fine. CIC is slow, and CIC is dealing with a lot of applications, so it takes time. It's frustrating, and I am also waiting for approval, so I understand, but look at it objectively : you have a good, straightforward case. You have done your best, you have included all that was required, and you got the receipt to prove that they have received it.

for now, they are probably opening applications beginning of april, so give it a week or 10 days, and you'll hear from them. they'll open your application, read through why you want to go back to Canada, see that you have a job offer lined up, and a good job already. no criminal record - approved, end of the story! and transfer to VO...

Go out with friends, enjoy playing with your son and taking him to place in China that you won't have when you are back in Canada, and try not to think about it too much. You have a holiday coming up soon, if I understood correctly, so focus on that, on the time you will be able to spend with your family, and how nice that will be.. and maybe once you come back form holidays, you'll ahve the approval, and transfer to VO...

I know it all sounds obvious but - you will be fine!
Sweden

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
Thanks Sweden! My holidays are 2 months long...so I don't hope to come back from holiday to get the approval!!! Haha...I hope 10 days like you said...

If I knew it would take this long I would have done everything back in the 90s and just entered hypothetical information based on my desires to travel to Asia...eventually meeting my wife...

CIC...see, I see...you guys are the slowest government bureaucracy in history!!

FS

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Rosie Lee said:
Yes, i had noticed the panic attack from your corner, it rather goes with the territory!!
We didn't write in N/A anywhere after printing, kinda expected the computer to be knowing what it was doing not letting us put anything in! And i lost the postage receipt, so i don't know it was ever recieved.
I do think it will be returned. If i was looking at it i would return it, in comparrison with what other people seem to have done.
But your right, i can look at it as hopefuly an email detailing what they need us to redo, and then 2-3 weeks for approval. I just don't want to go back down to the bottom of the pile again. :'(
hey Rosie Lee,

same as for FS - don't panic! CIC agents have seen LOTS and LOTS of cases, and chances are that you are not the first person that forgot something. you sent your application from the UK pretty much at the same time as I sent mine from Sweden, so it has probably arrived at the same time as my application. UK post is fairly reliable (having an empire for so many centuries, Royal Mail probably learnt a few things!), so there is no reason why your application would be lost. Of course, it sucks not knowing when it exactly arrived, but your uncertainty will come to an end when you get the approval....

Don't compare to other people... if your file is straightforward, even if you sent the documents in 2 parts, they should be able to see that you have included everything. You will get the 800 CAD back as well - they returned the fees to other applicants...

if your file is returned - well, it seems like you are well prepared, and so it won't take long. You won't go back to the end of the queue. It might delay you by a week. Or not even! some people were asked to submit more documents and got approved the day the document was received.

If you assume that your file has arrived more or less at the same time as mine, then we probably won't hear until the end of next week. So - set your mind to that. Don't count on less than 3 months, which is the average for now... if by the 15th of July, nothing has come, then we can start worrying... not before! :) then we can do a "common call" to CIC to enquire about our files - we will save their time as well, as they will only have to answer one phone call! :)

Anyway - keep positive, don't think too much about it (easier said than done, I know!), and don't worry in advance about things that you can't change now - if they decide to return your application, nothing you can do about it, so - stop worrying about it. You'll deal with it if/when it comes, if ever...

Good luck - europe has some good sides, enjoy them while you are here!
Sweden

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Fencesitter said:
Thanks Sweden! My holidays are 2 months long...so I don't hope to come back from holiday to get the approval!!! Haha...I hope 10 days like you said...

If I knew it would take this long I would have done everything back in the 90s and just entered hypothetical information based on my desires to travel to Asia...eventually meeting my wife...

CIC...see, I see...you guys are the slowest government bureaucracy in history!!

FS
2 months long! :) that's great - another thing that you probably won't get in Canada, so enjoy while you can! and maybe you'll have approval before holidays, and good news from VO when you come back in 2 months... you never know!

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
I like the idea of a common call. Could I get in on that as well? I think if we did something like that, it would send a message that we are united and will fight for our approvals...

Anyone else think it's a good idea to join forces if things go pear shaped with the timeline for our approvals?

FS

Rosie Lee

Mar 1, 2012
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2012
File Transfer...
9-07-2012
Med's Done....
27-03-2012
Interview........
Doubt it
LANDED..........
Feb 2013??
Omg. Sweden, your words are like medicine for my aching head. +1
Thankyou so much for sending some common sense and hope my way! :)

Rosie Lee

Mar 1, 2012
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2012
File Transfer...
9-07-2012
Med's Done....
27-03-2012
Interview........
Doubt it
LANDED..........
Feb 2013??
Fencesitter said:
I like the idea of a common call. Could I get in on that as well? I think if we did something like that, it would send a message that we are united and will fight for our approvals...

Anyone else think it's a good idea to join forces if things go pear shaped with the timeline for our approvals?

FS
Yes, its an great idea, and something to put our focus on, rather than mopping!
Fingers crossed tho, we won't need to ::)

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
we probably won't! and also - it's only 10.00 am in Mississauga... considering that people are coming back from a long week end, and there is natural tendency to ask - politely - to other colleagues how they spent their week end, it's normal that we haven't seen any approval for today... it might come a bit later... last week has been really positive and productive, so maybe it will continue like this!

I think we should also try to convert our "anxiety" in something positive. What about putting 1CAD in a jar everytime you think that you won't be approved? then with that money - you can take your partner out on a date, or treat yourself to a nice thing (massage, a drink, whatever!). So at least - you get something out of all the anxiety and worries... and it might prevent you from doing it too much, as it costs money - instead, try "positive thinking"...

just an idea - it's like Fence Sitter deciding to get in shape and loosing 15kg in 3 months - impressive!! so - at the end you can even consider that CIC is good for your own health! ( I know -I'm pushing it a bit, but well....).

Good luck all - we'll get through this and it will soon be behind us - we've made it all the way to 3 months, so really - we can do it!

Sweden

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
Sweden said:
we probably won't! and also - it's only 10.00 am in Mississauga... considering that people are coming back from a long week end, and there is natural tendency to ask - politely - to other colleagues how they spent their week end, it's normal that we haven't seen any approval for today... it might come a bit later... last week has been really positive and productive, so maybe it will continue like this!

I think we should also try to convert our "anxiety" in something positive. What about putting 1CAD in a jar everytime you think that you won't be approved? then with that money - you can take your partner out on a date, or treat yourself to a nice thing (massage, a drink, whatever!). So at least - you get something out of all the anxiety and worries... and it might prevent you from doing it too much, as it costs money - instead, try "positive thinking"...

just an idea - it's like Fence Sitter deciding to get in shape and loosing 15kg in 3 months - impressive!! so - at the end you can even consider that CIC is good for your own health! ( I know -I'm pushing it a bit, but well....).

Good luck all - we'll get through this and it will soon be behind us - we've made it all the way to 3 months, so really - we can do it!

Sweden
Just hang in there a little longer guys...your approvals are just around the corner....and I agree with Sweden....I am sure the coffee pot is finally emptied and they have just gotten to their desks to start work!!!!!

tsjunx

Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 19, 12
Doc's Request.
Aug 15, 12
AOR Received.
July 18, 12, Mexico: Aug 15, 12
File Transfer...
July 25, 12
Med's Done....
Feb 18, 12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Oct 1-12
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10-12
LANDED..........
16-Nov-12
Sweden said:
... considering that people are coming back from a long week end, and there is natural tendency to ask - politely - to other colleagues how they spent their week end, it's normal that we haven't seen any approval for today... it might come a bit later...
Totally right Sweden, I think it'll be a quiet day today, not sure how CIC works, but at my work a lot of people decide to add a day or two off to the long weekend, reaaaally quiet at work today, it might be the same with CIC who knows...

Sunshine87

Apr 13, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 3, 2012
AOR Received.
July 5, 2012
File Transfer...
July 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 10, 2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Oct 25, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 30, 2012
LANDED..........
Dec 30, 2012
I share the same anxiety as FS and Rosie.. Looking back, I made so many mistakes on our app. I've second guessed myself if I sent the Option C Printout or not, I didn't write "Spousal Sponsorship" above the CIC address so that makes me wonder if it even ended up in the right bin... and I wish that I sent more proofs of relationship. Oh and to top it off, I think the FBI check may have expired before the app made it to Mississauga and my husbands $500 medical will definitely have to be re-done since he did them too early (or rather, it took us too long to finish the app). I guess the old "the grass is always greener" applies here too.

And since I moved over the weekend, I'm now really anxious to inform CIC of my new address in case I get an AOR in the mail, but my name isn't yet in the system (which just confirms my worries that CIC doesn't even have my application!) I laughed when the call centre agent told me that the 82 day processing time is wrong. Well duuuuhhh it's wrong! We all know that! lol.

On the bright side, the long weekend is behind us and CIC only has one direction to move in... forward! Also, this is the last Canadian long weekend we'll have to deal with while waiting for Step 1.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Sunshine87 said:
I share the same anxiety as FS and Rosie.. Looking back, I made so many mistakes on our app. I've second guessed myself if I sent the Option C Printout or not, I didn't write "Spousal Sponsorship" above the CIC address so that makes me wonder if it even ended up in the right bin... and I wish that I sent more proofs of relationship. Oh and to top it off, I think the FBI check may have expired before the app made it to Mississauga and my husbands $500 medical will definitely have to be re-done since he did them too early (or rather, it took us too long to finish the app). I guess the old "the grass is always greener" applies here too.

And since I moved over the weekend, I'm now really anxious to inform CIC of my new address in case I get an AOR in the mail, but my name isn't yet in the system (which just confirms my worries that CIC doesn't even have my application!) I laughed when the call centre agent told me that the 82 day processing time is wrong. Well duuuuhhh it's wrong! We all know that! lol.

On the bright side, the long weekend is behind us and CIC only has one direction to move in... forward! Also, this is the last Canadian long weekend we'll have to deal with while waiting for Step 1.
Hey Sunshine,

I also look back at my application and think about so many things that I could have done differently - also because I found this forum pretty much after I sent my application, so I did it the way I thought the most logical...

But at the end - I'm sure we will all be fine. There is always different ways to do it, and given the number of applications that CIC agents see a week/a month, I'm sure they are used to seeing different formats... now they have passed the new rule about the medicals, so who knows, you might not have to do them again...

About changing address - can you get your mail forwarded to your older address to the new one ? so you're sure that you will not miss anything...

Now somebody from 26th of March just got approved, and they have approved up to 28th of march, so it's 2 more days in March, and then - to april! (31st is a saturday so I assume that no applications are received that day, since CIC is not working, they are probably stamped on the next monday - 2nd April...). by the end of the week we should start seeing activity on this thread, and you can start coloring the april spreadsheet :)

You'll be fine - and you're at the very beginning of April, so maybe you'll have the honor to "start" !

fingers crossed,
Sweden

sushmet

Star Member
Mar 20, 2012
Hi,

Any Idea how long it takes to get approval after getting AOR? In some cases it happen same day I guess?

I sent my application on April 12th by PRIORITY MAIL and was received on April 16th, but status updated on Canada Post only on April 17th (I was anxious and called them several times but it got updated only on 17th that parcel was delivered on 16th). I pray to GOD that it has reached CPC-M and waiting anxiously for any reply. Was more curious to know that someone on April 16 got an AOR.

Is CPC-M starting from April 16th? But cant say for sure because April 4th guy also got approval from CPC-M. Waiting game is really killing .

BEST OF LUCK TO ALL APRIL GUYS.