WAIVED
Passport Req..
/Date issued: Sept. 13,2012/recvd:Oct. 3,2012
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 24, 2012 /received: Nov. 17, 2012
LANDED..........
DECEMBER :) :) :) :)
Sunshine87 said:
I think that's the worst part, not knowing with 100% confidence that CIC received it..
HA! I've been thinking about that too, I have been calling my friend about my situation right now, I'm happy for her but I just dont understand on how the CIC process our application, a little hint from them would really help us ALOT!!! ???

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
CIC was processing mid-march apps before February was completed so if the files were split again you will see end of march and beginning of april from one office and probably mid april to the end at another office.......I know its hard I was a feb 28th applicant and all of sudden mid march 16 17 were getting approvals and I was still in the dark!!!! Don't give up beginning of April will pop up this week for sure!!! Just hang in there.....

taschj

Jun 29, 2012
Thetford Mines
Category........
Visa Office......
MEXICO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-04-2012 (SENT TO CIC)
Doc's Request.
17-08-2012 (PGR)
AOR Received.
17-07-2012 (AOR CIC)
File Transfer...
17-08-2012 (AOR MEXICO)
Med's Done....
14-02-2012 (MED. DONE)
VISA ISSUED...
ASAP !!!!
Sorry everybody,

I am also sponsoring my wife from mexico...
I'm new over here... :) How do I add my data on the spreadsheets ?

Papers has been received at mississauga on april 10...

Tks ! ;)

Rosie Lee

Mar 1, 2012
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2012
File Transfer...
9-07-2012
Med's Done....
27-03-2012
Interview........
Doubt it
LANDED..........
Feb 2013??
Sunshine87 said:
I think that's the worst part, not knowing with 100% confidence that CIC received it..
I agree. It would be great to get some sort of AOR when they recieve it. I lost my postage receipt and have never even known if my application reached Missisauga. Ive spent the last 3 months putting faith in the Royal Mail!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Sunshine87

Apr 13, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 3, 2012
AOR Received.
July 5, 2012
File Transfer...
July 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 10, 2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Oct 25, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 30, 2012
LANDED..........
Dec 30, 2012
taschj said:
Sorry everybody,

I am also sponsoring my wife from mexico...
I'm new over here... :) How do I add my data on the spreadsheets ?

Papers has been received at mississauga on april 10...

Tks ! ;)
Welcome.. I added your info to the spreadsheet :)

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
mobeyk said:
Wherever the Applications are, its time for the first flood of April Applicants to hear something. No more pitty patter, here and there AOR and approvals. Lets roll the flood of Approvals. Its time and we deserve it now. There are times where things get messed up and it will be straightened out and back to standards. I know, its a government entity but even government has to sooner or later get back to standards.
What "standards"?

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
Even if they have split the applications between CIC-M and CIC-O, they should still start from the 1st of the month...or at least give AORs for us...we've been waiting for sooooooo long!!

I stare at the spreadsheet trying to will my username to be coloured in with the approval!! My future and my family's future is in CICs hands. I really hope they don't let me down by sending the application back or asking for me to redo one of the forms. I checked everything so carefully, it would really depress me if I had to do something again and resubmit. I just want to be free again...back in Canada with my family...my son growing up where I grew up...why is that so hard to achieve???!!!! It should be quick and easy...painless...but instead, the closer we get to approval, the more crazed I feel!!! Damnit! I just want this to be over with!!!

Come on CIC!! Give us all some good news to start the summer!!

FS

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
truesmile said:
What "standards"?
The standard is that it takes about one month to get sponsorship approval. But sometimes things change permanently - like when there are budget cuts or huge changes in the system. I hope it goes back to one month though.

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
The old standard means nothing at the moment. It hasn't been the standard for months, so let's not call it a standard when it's really not. The standard nowadays is that there is no standard. CIC seems to be all over the map. It's totally against their motto of family reunification. How can they send out an AOR for an application received on the 16th while those at the beginning of the month have been waiting longer?

No, friends, there is no standard....it's really annoying and extremely frustrating!!

FS

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Fencesitter said:
The old standard means nothing at the moment. It hasn't been the standard for months, so let's not call it a standard when it's really not. The standard nowadays is that there is no standard. CIC seems to be all over the map. It's totally against their motto of family reunification. How can they send out an AOR for an application received on the 16th while those at the beginning of the month have been waiting longer?

No, friends, there is no standard....it's really annoying and extremely frustrating!!

FS
Well I think there is still a standard because the length of time it was a short process is very long, years, versus just a few months of it taking long.

This long weekend doesn't help, 3 days of nothing. Tomorrow hopefully April will see some movement and that will get spirits up!

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
Semantics. :p

If there were truly a standard, then the number of days to get approval would be within a range. When you look back at the March and February spreadsheets, the range is quite large. This is not what I would classify as a standard. If some people get approved in 80 days, but others take 120, is that a standard? I know there are extenuating circumstances to some of the cases, but seriously, when CIC starts processing an application received on April 16, how is that fair to those who submitted their applications at the beginning of the month? Okay...okay...you could still, technically, call that a standard, but not one I think is valuable to those looking to be reunited with their families.

I've been extremely patient up to this point, but I am very quickly losing my patience, and the thing that frustrates me the most is there is no one I can talk to about it. CIC stopped allowing calls from overseas...you could fax them, but will they reply in a timely manner? They make this process so much more complicated than it has to be...and any experienced VO should know a genuine application from a fake...or at least be able to tell when they see a real relationship.

It's seriously driving me crazy. I just want the bloody approval so we can move on to the next step.

I've spent hours and hours on this forum trying to better understand the process...helping others with what little I know...now it's my time...our time...and we deserve to hear something...

And then you have some charlatan come on here stating he/she was approved in 70 days. Sunshine, can you do me a favour and delete that user from the spreadsheet? It's an obvious lie...there is no way that user was approved in 70 days...impossible given the current 'standard'...

FS

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Well there has been no real standard lately that is for sure. But for years it was a month or less so it should get back to that at some point.

You are almost there and it does get harder when you are very close. It is like being able to see the donut and not eat it, ha ha. I waited 85 days which is crazy but not bad compared to others. Step 2 is now driving me nuts. My car is in Canada. Our stuff is in Canada. I miss my mom. I am having a hard time!

Yeah why did they stop accepting calls? That really ticks me off. I was told to call back after 4 weeks to get my approval letter resent since I NEVER GOT IT and now I will never get it. I just wanted to read it once!

I truly hope they zip through April. I feel really bad for you! And I agree, delete the liar. Who would give people false hope? That really sucks.

CAPRWIFE

Apr 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 9, 2012
File Transfer...
July 10, 2012
Med's Done....
March 15, 2012
Passport Req..
July 23, 2012 ND received on: July 25, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
PP with Visa received on : Sep 17, 2012
I second your comments canadiangirl78 and understand how you feel FS.

As we discussed earlier, we should hear some good movement for April applicants very soon.

canadiangirl78 said:
Well there has been no real standard lately that is for sure. But for years it was a month or less so it should get back to that at some point.

You are almost there and it does get harder when you are very close. It is like being able to see the donut and not eat it, ha ha. I waited 85 days which is crazy but not bad compared to others. Step 2 is now driving me nuts. My car is in Canada. Our stuff is in Canada. I miss my mom. I am having a hard time!

Yeah why did they stop accepting calls? That really ticks me off. I was told to call back after 4 weeks to get my approval letter resent since I NEVER GOT IT and now I will never get it. I just wanted to read it once!

I truly hope they zip through April. I feel really bad for you! And I agree, delete the liar. Who would give people false hope? That really sucks.

kingcobra

Star Member
May 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 April 2012
AOR Received.
AOR was not sent
File Transfer...
26 July 2012
Med's Done....
22 March 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
9 August 2012
VISA ISSUED...
10 September 2012
LANDED..........
23 October 2012 & PR card received on 17 December 2012
Fencesitter said:
And then you have some charlatan come on here stating he/she was approved in 70 days. Sunshine, can you do me a favour and delete that user from the spreadsheet? It's an obvious lie...there is no way that user was approved in 70 days...impossible given the current 'standard'...

FS
If you look at this spreadsheet from New Delhi 2012 applicants thread, it appears that this user had also gotten her passport request recently. Not sure what to make of it. Looks legit, though...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArH8forkPk_AdDQ2cG9lNXlCc0hkTUYzazV4dHZwekE#gid=0

Rosie Lee

Mar 1, 2012
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2012
File Transfer...
9-07-2012
Med's Done....
27-03-2012
Interview........
Doubt it
LANDED..........
Feb 2013??
Getting really nervous now. Im sure that my app will be returned. There are so many things that I would have done differently now with hindsight. More pictures, much more proof of intention, (we are now buying a house in Vancouver 8))!Putting N/A in the blank spaces. Not to mention keeping my children off my application, and consequently not having to send another form the very next day. Oh, also we overpaid by about $800, :eek:. Even if they have managed to join the two packages together, as a whole, Im toast! They are sure to just send the whole thing back. :( :(