Med's Done....
16-12-2011
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
Sweden said:
Hey BCgirl,

wow! AOR received and your application is from end of May - that's awesome!

It's funny if you think about it - now we get very happy about something that probably should be the "norm" - sending an AOR for every application, especially with the new form...

Happy for you!
take care,
Sweden
Hi Sweden,

Exactly!! I was telling one of my friends with the most excited voice that we received _something_ from CIC. He asked me what exactly is this something. I explained. He asked when did I send my case. I said end of May. He looked at me with disbelief and asked me why am I happy, for something that I should've received a month ago!!
I just told him sometimes, some stuff are very different than what we expect, and that a lot of people even don't receive this simple piece of communication after 3 months! Just go with it and be happy for me :) He still thinks I'm totally nuts though!

BCgirl2012

May 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
AOR Received.
03-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-07-2012
Med's Done....
16-12-2011
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
bubblebee said:
Oh, well thats surprising... congratulations bcgirl :)
Thanks bubblebee :)

BCgirl2012

May 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
AOR Received.
03-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-07-2012
Med's Done....
16-12-2011
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
Rosie Lee said:
I reckon this week will be a little slower, people often book holiday time next to national holidays. There where a couple of approvals from the end of March yesterday which is pretty good. Thursday and Friday will be better, things will start filtering through. Next week will be our first proper April week!!
Congrats BCGirl. :D
I believe that they briefly go through the apps before processing to see if there are any that obviously are incorrect or require something extra. This would concure with the people who get notification that they need alterations.
I think BCGirls AOR came from this pre-process.

Rosie :-*
Thanks Rosie!

I agree with you. I think they just opened our case for the initial checks. Hopefully all of us will be done with the whole process ASAP.

Rosie Lee

Mar 1, 2012
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2012
File Transfer...
9-07-2012
Med's Done....
27-03-2012
Interview........
Doubt it
LANDED..........
Feb 2013??
BCgirl2012 said:
Thanks Rosie!

I agree with you. I think they just opened our case for the initial checks. Hopefully all of us will be done with the whole process ASAP.
Why can't they give us all onre? :'(

BCgirl2012

May 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
AOR Received.
03-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-07-2012
Med's Done....
16-12-2011
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
I've been thinking about the same thing all evening actually. I hope you receive your approval soon. It's much better than an AOR :)

BTW, when you posted yesterday about not writing spousal sponsorship on you package, I started panicking since I didn't put it on the address label, either. But seems it went to the right department, I hope. So you should be fine, too!

mobeyk

Oct 10, 2011
Picton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-04-2012
Doc's Request.
additional docs 29-08-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
10-07-2012
Med's Done....
15-11-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 8 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 10 2012
Approval of a March 29th applicant through Ottawa pilot. Now there is really no order. Yes FS, seems the monkeys grab randomly out of a pile and send some to the faster thinking ones in Ottawa. But, we should be thankful. Yes, thankful we are in such process. Is it not worth every second of wait? I do not wait for CIC, I wait for the best match for me to be beside me. I would wait much longer if necessary for her.

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
I get what you're saying, mobeyk, but your situation is quite different than mine. I live with my wife and son, so there is no wait as in waiting to be by her side. At times it's actually the opposite of what I'm thinking!!! :p Only joking, of course...maybe... :p Note to self: never, ever, wear socks while lying on the bed...and never, ever, drip water on the floor while doing the dishes!!!

A March 29th approval would be what I would expect, not an AOR from someone who applied only a few weeks ago!!

I would never say that I am thankful to be in this hellish process. No sir, not thankful at all. Why should I be thankful to be made to wait...not to hear that they have actually received my package...no number to call if I have questions...nope...they can shove this 'process' where the sun don't shine...it's laughable...a cruel joke...

I think someone greased the monkey bars and a few slipped and landed on their heads...now they can't tell which way is up...or down...or how to count...

FS

BCgirl2012

May 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
AOR Received.
03-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-07-2012
Med's Done....
16-12-2011
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
FS, don't worry! Your approval is just around the corner, really. March is almost complete.

As for us, it's just an AOR, nothing more. We'll have to wait for another couple of months at least. CIC hasn't been really consistent with sending AORs so we can't really be sure.

In any case, I wish everybody a speedy process. Like I mentioned before, at least in the spreadsheets, the number of applicants is much lower for April and May applicants. Hopefully, both months will be completed in no time.

I'm not the speculating type, really. I don't know what's their method for dealing with applications.

My husband and I are living on the opposite sides of the globe, and he can't come here, because he needs a visa to visit. So you see, we all have our worries, and troubles. We try to just think about the bright times ahead of us. Waiting, and being separated is really difficult. Not to downplay your worries. I know you are impatient to come back to Canada. At the end, we are all in the same boat, and we will all get there.

Seeing such disappointment from fellow forum members is actually making me think maybe I shouldn't have mentioned this AOR. It's not an approval, anyways. Just something everybody should have as soon as their package is received.

Best of luck to all of us!

CAPRWIFE

Apr 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 9, 2012
File Transfer...
July 10, 2012
Med's Done....
March 15, 2012
Passport Req..
July 23, 2012 ND received on: July 25, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
PP with Visa received on : Sep 17, 2012
Congratulations BCgirl2012 !!! Really happy to see someone receiving AOR.

Hopefully they do so atleast for all the latest applicants. Sending AOR should be made mandatory for all the applications which would provide lot of confidence for the subsequent steps. You did right in sharing your AOR info. No need to worry here...

BCgirl2012 said:
FS, don't worry! Your approval is just around the corner, really. March is almost complete.

As for us, it's just an AOR, nothing more. We'll have to wait for another couple of months at least. CIC hasn't been really consistent with sending AORs so we can't really be sure.

In any case, I wish everybody a speedy process. Like I mentioned before, at least in the spreadsheets, the number of applicants is much lower for April and May applicants. Hopefully, both months will be completed in no time.

I'm not the speculating type, really. I don't know what's their method for dealing with applications.

My husband and I are living on the opposite sides of the globe, and he can't come here, because he needs a visa to visit. So you see, we all have our worries, and troubles. We try to just think about the bright times ahead of us. Waiting, and being separated is really difficult. Not to downplay your worries. I know you are impatient to come back to Canada. At the end, we are all in the same boat, and we will all get there.

Seeing such disappointment from fellow forum members is actually making me think maybe I shouldn't have mentioned this AOR. It's not an approval, anyways. Just something everybody should have as soon as their package is received.

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
No, it's totally fine to post that you received an AOR! I am very happy for you! My anger and frustration is directed at CIC...not you. These clowns don't have a bloody clue what they are doing, and they are obviously lacking compassion to make us all wait over 3 months for a simple approval...it's unacceptable on so many levels!

Sorry, this past week has been hard, and I predict it will get harder as I continue waiting...day 83, 84...100...etc...I'm just fed up with waiting.

FS

cgagnon

Nov 10, 2011
Montreal,QC
Category........
Visa Office......
LA(Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2012
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
13-12-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10/10/2012
BCgirl2012 said:

Hi BCgirl2012! I'm happy for you! We used to say the same thing for March Thread that our numbers werent as high as the other months but once we start passing the time writting on CIC website lots of people flock to this website i remember for the longest time we were in the 20's. Don't feel guilty things happen for a reason! I am happy for you! Same thing happened to us when we got approval and half of february hadn't gotten anything. It's CIC's fault not ours! Best of luck to you!!

Subaru

Star Member
Apr 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-APR-2012
AOR Received.
10-JUL-2012
File Transfer...
10-JUL-2012
Med's Done....
10-MAR-2012
Passport Req..
24-JUL-2012/ ND VO Received PP on 26-JUL-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Was Expecting 10-SEP-2012 , issued on Sept 11, 2012 :-)
LANDED..........
28-SEP-2012
I just cannot bear this silence :mad:

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Subaru said:
I just cannot bear this silence :mad:
Subaru - you're next in line! hang in there for a little longer... last approval received was 29th of March, and you're 10th of April... so probably next week ( I'm 12th April, so same for me) we should get some news - either AOR and then soon after approval, or approval right away!

few more days!
Sweden

Subaru

Star Member
Apr 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-APR-2012
AOR Received.
10-JUL-2012
File Transfer...
10-JUL-2012
Med's Done....
10-MAR-2012
Passport Req..
24-JUL-2012/ ND VO Received PP on 26-JUL-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Was Expecting 10-SEP-2012 , issued on Sept 11, 2012 :-)
LANDED..........
28-SEP-2012
Sweden said:
Subaru - you're next in line! hang in there for a little longer... last approval received was 29th of March, and you're 10th of April... so probably next week ( I'm 12th April, so same for me) we should get some news - either AOR and then soon after approval, or approval right away!

few more days!
Sweden
Ya I know we are just around the corner but it feels good when you see other people making progress.....that gives hope to people waiting for their AOR/ Approval....and when I don't see any ripple on this thread it makes me sad for some reason.....But thanks for your kind words Sweden :)

Rosie Lee

Mar 1, 2012
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2012
File Transfer...
9-07-2012
Med's Done....
27-03-2012
Interview........
Doubt it
LANDED..........
Feb 2013??
Not quite sure who we should be looking out for next. March is Kinda done. The last few approvals have been coming in.
The April spreadsheet has Pummelchen, Merger, Mumay and Sunshine. Havn't seen any posts from them, (except Sunshine) so we may or may not hear of any activity.