20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
PRsoon said:
Note: I got this email after I called CIC and asked (a couple of times) if someone can work under implied status after its PGWP expires. The answer by phone was YES.

It looks like they don't have any standard written message specific to PGWP. But the CIC call center agent said that if I needed proof of implied status I could call CIC again together with my employer and confirm the information by phone.
No offense, I would not trust a call centre agent's word. I want written proof of this. Like the IEC letter from CIC. It is written down. While I would support PGWP visa to keep working past expire date once a written document is shown to support this. Otherwise, PGWP status is still up for debate. As long it is not 100% confirmed, I still think PGWP does not get implied status.

Screech339

PRsoon

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
screech339 said:
No offense, I would not trust a call centre agent's word. I want written proof of this. Like the IEC letter from CIC. It is written down. While I would support PGWP visa to keep working past expire date once a written document is shown to support this. Otherwise, PGWP status is still up for debate. As long it is not 100% confirmed, I still think PGWP does not get implied status.

Screech339
I know I get your point. Better be safe than sorry, right? :)

My current PGWP was issued till March-14 because my passport was about to expire back then. I am now applying for an extension till mid-June (limit that I am eligible to) so I don't need to rely on the implied status condition.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
screech339 said:
The key word in the link is "BRIDGING". You can apply for a bridging open work permit for PWGP to continue working past expire date. When you submit your OWP with application, you are not applying for a bridging open work permit. You are applying for a Open work Permit. I do believe they are two different processes?

Screech339
I found a link regarding bridging open work permit. It seems to apply for economic class applicants. Not PGWP. I'm still looking for it.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/permit/extend/permanent.asp

Extend your work permit – Economic class applicants

Qualifying applicants currently in Canada who have submitted an application for permanent residence under the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP), Canadian Experience Class (CEC), Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) or the Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP) may be considered for an open work permit if their current work permit will soon expire.

To be eligible for a bridging open work permit, you must:
•Currently be in Canada;
•Have valid status on a work permit that is due to expire within 4 months;
•Have received confirmation from CIC that your permanent resident application is eligible under one of the four economic classes (FSWP, CEC, PNP and FSTP), and;
•Have made an application for an open work permit.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
screech339 said:
The key word in the link is "BRIDGING". You can apply for a bridging open work permit for PWGP to continue working past expire date. When you submit your OWP with application, you are not applying for a bridging open work permit. You are applying for a Open work Permit. I do believe they are two different processes?

Screech339
If you read the next page, that is the point I was trying to make, Screech. They say SPECIFICALLY the ONLY way to do anything with your PGWP is by being in the CEC application stream. Those are the ONLY things. Hence, you can NOT do anything with a PGWP in the family stream by including an OWP or not. You said you wanted to know what their 'stance' would be on the PGWP, I provided you with the link and information regarding that and for some reason you seem to think I was trying to show you COULD do it. Whatever. Read the link, don't read the link.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Alurra71 said:
If you read the next page, that is the point I was trying to make, Screech. They say SPECIFICALLY the ONLY way to do anything with your PGWP is by being in the CEC application stream. Those are the ONLY things. Hence, you can NOT do anything with a PGWP in the family stream by including an OWP or not. You said you wanted to know what their 'stance' would be on the PGWP, I provided you with the link and information regarding that and for some reason you seem to think I was trying to show you COULD do it. Whatever. Read the link, don't read the link.
I apologize to you if you think I was trying to dispute your PGWP link. I have completely misread the whole link you provide. No need to get all worked up about it. Y es, you are correct about bridging open work permit through CEC. However this is specifically to permanent residency through Canada Economic Class. I would still like to see the same wording specifically through PR family sponsorship. It never specifically added PR Family Sponsorship to go along with PR CEC. If you can, in fact, work beyond PGWP, through PR Family Sponsorship, why have CIC not mention this anywhere on their website?

Screech339

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
screech339 said:
I apologize to you if you think I was trying to dispute your PGWP link. I have completely misread the whole link you provide. No need to get all worked up about it. Y es, you are correct about bridging open work permit through CEC. However this is specifically to permanent residency through Canada Economic Class. I would still like to see the same wording specifically through PR family sponsorship. It never specifically added PR Family Sponsorship to go along with PR CEC. If you can, in fact, work beyond PGWP, through PR Family Sponsorship, why have CIC not mention this anywhere on their website?

Screech339
My apologies Screech.

I have just realized that I am entirely overtired today and just not myself. I didn't meant to come of as being an a$$hat, even though I know I did.

I am sure you know how it is though, sometimes you just get overemotional, distraught and flat out pi$$y during this long a$$ process!

Not an excuse for bad behaviour only a reason why. I accept responsibility and do apologize!

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Alurra71 said:
My apologies Screech.

I have just realized that I am entirely overtired today and just not myself. I didn't meant to come of as being an a$$hat, even though I know I did.

I am sure you know how it is though, sometimes you just get overemotional, distraught and flat out pi$$y during this long a$$ process!

Not an excuse for bad behaviour only a reason why. I accept responsibility and do apologize!
Don't worry about it. I understand one can get a bit of a hothead sometimes and honestly at times justified. I mean the 11 months wait for 1st along with a possible another 8 month wait. That's almost 2 years. Not only the long wait but the "talking to a wall" at call centres. I knew you were venting and I didn't take offense really. Just a little of of "OOOKKKAAAYYY" thought on my part.

So are we good?

Screech339

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
screech339 said:
Don't worry about it. I understand one can get a bit of a hothead sometimes and honestly at times justified. I mean the 11 months wait for 1st along with a possible another 8 month wait. That's almost 2 years. Not only the long wait but the "talking to a wall" at call centres. I knew you were venting and I didn't take offense really. Just a little of of "OOOKKKAAAYYY" thought on my part.

So are we good?

Screech339
Oh, we're fine. It's all good ... I'm going to make a cheeseburger and some nice greasy deep fried french fries! (comfort food) Anyone else? You want some? LOL

;D

little_apple

Jun 11, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna/Austria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 20, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 4, 2013 & February 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 5, 2013
File Transfer...
May 27, 2013
Med's Done....
April 4, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2014
LANDED..........
in Calgary since March 29, 2012. Landed as PR May 3, 2014
little_apple said:
Another question: My IEC expires in March 2014 and my PR will be approved by late spring, early summer 2014 - probably. I want to stay in Canada as a tourist, without working of course.
First I thought I apply for my extension online. Then I decided to book a flight to the USA and back to visit a friend.
Now even I am from Germany (visa exempt) and have enough funds for several months to live without working, I'm afraid that the Canadian officer won't let me re-enter as a tourist. Maybe I'm a little paranoid about it ;-)

So if I would apply for an extension online, travel to the USA and come back with my visa extension, I won't have problems or less to re-enter because I "only" traveled to the USA?
Does anyone know?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
little_apple said:
Does anyone know?
As a visa-exempt person, there isn't any need for you to apply for an extension.

You'll be fine to go visit your friend and re-enter as a tourist. Carry proof of your PR app and proof of funds. Lots of people come to Canada as visitors part way through the process.

Don't worry :)

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am still not backing down and I am still going to work, I know lots of other people now and still continued to work and they are all perfectly fine and there visa is processing. Inside their application they EVEN STATED that they were on the IEC visa and are still working on 'Implied Status' and the officers said nothing about that who are currently processing their applications.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Jamesdavid3 said:
I am still not backing down and I am still going to work, I know lots of other people now and still continued to work and they are all perfectly fine and there visa is processing. Inside their application they EVEN STATED that they were on the IEC visa and are still working on 'Implied Status' and the officers said nothing about that who are currently processing their applications.
What you do on your own time is fine by me. Just don't go around telling others that you can get "implied status" with IEC. I wouldn't bother me if you told others that if you want to work beyond IEC expire date, you are working illegally and you take your chances. If you don't get caught, you got lucky. If you do get caught, don't come back on here complaining about it.

Even I have been mistaken as well. Someone posted a written statement from CIC that in order to get "implied status" you must submit extension of some sort with your application. OWP application with inland sponsorship if you are visitor and/or work permit (lmo). Study visa extension with application for "study implied status".

Submitting your inland sponsorship alone does not give "implied status" to any of the existing visas.

I learn something new and it is written down and I admit I was wrong in my view and I will now say you must have extension requests with application to be granted "implied status".

Be a man and admit you are wrong and apologize to others for giving wrong advice.

Screech339

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Jamesdavid3 said:
Of course the application says they are on IEC. Just because they state it in the application doesn't grant them "implied status". The officers who are currently processing their applications don't work for CRA and they will assume you will quit your job when IEC expires.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Jamesdavid3 said:
This is the same as working with no permit under the table for cash. Every single person I know that has done this, has never been caught and all are perfectly fine today. However I would never ever actually recommend someone to do this if they asked if it was ok. Even if only 1% of the people (or less) are caught, it's still a risk that one must be aware of, and what the potential consequences are, before they decide to do it.

So I would really stop sharing your comments on this and how everyone will get away with it, when very clearly some people are caught. Your comments are potentially damaging to applicants. Who knows when CIC and CBSA will wise up and suddenly start being more aggressive on this subject.

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
I know, personally, that when the options are be careful or hope to be lucky, I'm going to be careful. Just because people don't often get caught is not a good enough reason for me to do something.

Luckily, I feel like any thinking person who consults this forum for advice can read for him/herself and see who is genuinely trying to give helpful and ac accurate advice, and who is simply stubbornly defending their own opinion.

Also, remember that each person's profile also contains a rating by others on the forum to help you judge the helpfulness of members.

Name: Jamesdavid3
Position: Star Member
Ratings: +1/-53
Date Registered: May 22, 2013, 06:29:53 pm
Last Active: November 15, 2013, 07:51:42 am