Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
15-04-15
Passport Req..
30-09-15. Received passport with visa 19-11-15
MissSA108 said:
Hi guys
First of all congratulations Zaara0804!!! :)
No news on my end.. still waiting patiently.
Thanks MissSA108! I pray that you get PPR soon too..

I am a bit frustrated right now.. We already deposited all requested documents to our agent since friday. They have still not despatched them to Pretoria :mad: :mad: :mad:

1Wayne1

Sep 26, 2015
Hello---- how long did the process take ? I am dealing with the Pretoria office as well, and it's unbelievably slow.

MissSA108

Sep 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2015
AOR Received.
01-07-2015 AOR2-18-08-2015
File Transfer...
30-07-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
29-04-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-11-2015
Zaara0804 said:
Thanks MissSA108! I pray that you get PPR soon too..

I am a bit frustrated right now.. We already deposited all requested documents to our agent since friday. They have still not despatched them to Pretoria :mad: :mad: :mad:
Hi Zaara0804
Thank you kindly.. I hope soo too.. but I heard if you apply from quebec then your application gets processed faster so I'm assuming mine will take a while so I'm just waiting patiently :)
Sorry to hear that.. you should call them and stay on their case bcoz they are wasting precious time. I hope they despatched it today and your Huby gets his passport back ASAP!! I'm sure you can't wait to see him!!! But don't stress.. just few more weeks to go!!!
All the best sweetyXXX

basketballfan

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
SW Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2014
AOR Received.
Feb 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 2014
Med's Done....
August 2013 ; September 2015
Passport Req..
November 2015
1Wayne1 said:
Hello--I've done that (3months ago) --- they are useless.
Hi Wayne,

It appears that we have similar timelines. I think I'm on month 20 - frankly, it's a blurr, the last time I counted time in months was when my toddler was a baby.

Anyways, I filled a case specific complaint and within a week or so our application went into process - https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx . It could be just a coincidence . I wonder if the complaint goes through a Canadian officer first and then Pretoria - that could put some pressure on Pretoria.

As for the timing with the election - I know Trudeau has put forward a plan to increase funding to reduce processing times. This could have an unintended consequence. I work arms-length for the federal government and when our funds were significantly cut there was some resistance to work harder to produce the same level of output with less dollars – this would send a message that the money wasn’t needed in the first place. So, by working slowly this VO may be trying to send a message to the government that they need more resources. They may not feel inclined to work harder just because it’s a campaign topic.

1Wayne1

Sep 26, 2015
basketballfan said:
Hi Wayne,

It appears that we have similar timelines. I think I'm on month 20 - frankly, it's a blurr, the last time I counted time in months was when my toddler was a baby.

Anyways, I filled a case specific complaint and within a week or so our application went into process - https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx . It could be just a coincidence . I wonder if the complaint goes through a Canadian officer first and then Pretoria - that could put some pressure on Pretoria.

As for the timing with the election - I know Trudeau has put forward a plan to increase funding to reduce processing times. This could have an unintended consequence. I work arms-length for the federal government and when our funds were significantly cut there was some resistance to work harder to produce the same level of output with less dollars – this would send a message that the money wasn't needed in the first place. So, by working slowly this VO may be trying to send a message to the government that they need more resources. They may not feel inclined to work harder just because it's a campaign topic.
Hi basketball fan..thanks for the info.....I just sent the case specific enquiry this morning. I suspect that is all the MPs office did ,a while back. I guess I'll find out soon because it states ,on the CIC website, that only 1 case enquiry can be sent. What I find incredible is that there is 1 person on this forum who filed their app in may 2015, in pretoria, and its all been completed already. I am wondering if pretoria forgot about us! Thanks for the info...much appreciated.

1Wayne1

Sep 26, 2015
basketballfan said:
Hi Wayne,

As for the timing with the election - I know Trudeau has put forward a plan to increase funding to reduce processing times. This could have an unintended consequence. I work arms-length for the federal government and when our funds were significantly cut there was some resistance to work harder to produce the same level of output with less dollars – this would send a message that the money wasn't needed in the first place. So, by working slowly this VO may be trying to send a message to the government that they need more resources. They may not feel inclined to work harder just because it's a campaign topic.
BTW, sorry to hear its been so long for you too. Its as if we are being punished for something !

MissSA108

Sep 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2015
AOR Received.
01-07-2015 AOR2-18-08-2015
File Transfer...
30-07-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
29-04-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-11-2015
1Wayne1 said:
BTW, sorry to hear its been so long for you too. Its as if we are being punished for something !
Hi Wayne..
So sorry to hear that.. just stay positive..

Apparently I heard if you apply from quebec them your application gets processed faster.. that's why certain ppl's cases got processed faster.
From which province have you applied from in Canada?

1Wayne1

Sep 26, 2015
MissSA108 said:
Hi Wayne..
So sorry to hear that.. just stay positive..

Apparently I heard if you apply from quebec them your application gets processed faster.. that's why certain ppl's cases got processed faster.
From which province have you applied from in Canada?
It went from the office here, in Mississauga Ontario, to Pretoria. I don't really know how it can make a difference what Canadian city initially processes it..they just send it off to a different part of the world anyway, don't they ? Mine ended up in Pretoria because my wife is in Botswana. I guess yours ended up there too. Any time I've called the help centre in Mississauga, they tell me to contact Pretoria. Seems like there's no order to things at all...some people get processed fast and some slow. It's bizzarre. And ,yes, we are trying to stay positive through this whole thing. Thanks .

Acecube

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 2014
Passport Req..
IP March 2015, PPR Sep 2015
1Wayne1 said:
It went from the office here, in Mississauga Ontario, to Pretoria. I don't really know how it can make a difference what Canadian city initially processes it..they just send it off to a different part of the world anyway, don't they ? Mine ended up in Pretoria because my wife is in Botswana. I guess yours ended up there too. Any time I've called the help centre in Mississauga, they tell me to contact Pretoria. Seems like there's no order to things at all...some people get processed fast and some slow. It's bizzarre. And ,yes, we are trying to stay positive through this whole thing. Thanks .
Hi Wayne.

Each case will be assessed based on its own merit and its unique nature. I don't think Quebec applicants have a faster processing time based on what I have just said.

Did you order the GCMS notes to get an insight of your application?

1Wayne1

Sep 26, 2015
Acecube said:
Hi Wayne.

Each case will be assessed based on its own merit and its unique nature. I don't think Quebec applicants have a faster processing time based on what I have just said.

Did you order the GCMS notes to get an insight of your application?
Yes , a few months ago....it didn't tell us anything we didn't already know. If I remember correctly, it basically stated that the app was being processed . Thanks :)

Acecube

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 2014
Passport Req..
1Wayne1 said:
Yes , a few months ago....it didn't tell us anything we didn't already know. If I remember correctly, it basically stated that the app was being processed . Thanks :)
Did they already start criminality and security check?

What is the status of the eligibility?

Zaara0804

Star Member
May 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-15
AOR Received.
29-06-15
File Transfer...
31 07-15, AOR2 18-08-15
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
15-04-15
Passport Req..
30-09-15. Received passport with visa 19-11-15
Hello Acecube,

My husband has deposited the passport with the agent and they despatched it this morning.

I went online and checked the application status. It still shows 'in Process' and there is still no mention of medicals received.

Is this normal?

1Wayne1

Sep 26, 2015
Acecube said:
Did they already start criminality and security check?

What is the status of the eligibility?
Have you ever seen the info they send ?? It's 10pages of nothing. Says nothing about security checks or criminality check.

Acecube

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 2014
Passport Req..
1Wayne1 said:
Have you ever seen the info they send ?? It's 10pages of nothing. Says nothing about security checks or criminality check.
I've ordered it thrice. You can see if they have started it. In mine they have stated that our relationship is genuine and it was passed.

1Wayne1

Sep 26, 2015
Acecube said:
I've ordered it thrice. You can see if they have started it. In mine they have stated that our relationship is genuine and it was passed.
That's interesting..I just looked at the file they sent. It is 15 pages ,with 1 column on the left side of the pages which consists of codes...there are a few comments here and there regarding fees paid --it does state the following...Family Class Sponsorship - PASSED and it states I've been approved as a sponsor. Makes no reference to our relationship . Like I said, It's 15 pages of codes in 1 long column.