31 07-15, AOR2 18-08-15
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
15-04-15
Passport Req..
30-09-15. Received passport with visa 19-11-15
Acecube said:
You will get the passport within two weeks. Send it through VFS Mauritius. Bring two photos, call them and they will send you the instructions. You have to sign a consent form, submit the photos along with the appendix a, a print version of the email and I have also submitted the receipt of the fees paid for the application. I have been there last Friday and got my passport back yesterday. So it's pretty quick. The fees will be rs2,314 for the passport transmission.

Yeah i figured that I must start over.
We are using an agent, GMS.. GMS asked my husband to bring his passport to them, ie GMS. I also thought that is was going to be VFS Mauritius, but apparently not :(

Acecube

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 2014
Passport Req..
IP March 2015, PPR Sep 2015
Zaara0804 said:
We are using an agent, GMS.. GMS asked my husband to bring his passport to them, ie GMS. I also thought that is was going to be VFS Mauritius, but apparently not :(
Mauritiusbride also used an agent and got her passport back within two weeks.

When do you plan to fly to Canada?

mauritiusbride

Star Member
Aug 22, 2015
Acecube said:
Mauritiusbride also used an agent and got her passport back within two weeks.

When do you plan to fly to Canada?
hi Acecube .
you must be very happy now ..hve you already booked yr flights?
what airport you are landing..try checking how they proceed ..make yr wife call airports..i landed at 16h20 n met my husband at 20h25.
so try guess 29 hrs travel then 4 hrs for landing procedures terrible.
be ready for baggages check as they can asked you to open all your luggages infront of them .dnt bring shells etc ..be confident try to be more than willing to open the luagges then they wont have doubt and all will be well you will be asked what gifts you are bringing and for whom..dnt knw if your landing airport will like Montreal just in case be ready..4hrs is really no joy believe me after such a long travel..b PREPARE FOR JETLAG..LOL

Acecube

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 2014
Passport Req..
mauritiusbride said:
hi Acecube .
you must be very happy now ..hve you already booked yr flights?
what airport you are landing..try checking how they proceed ..make yr wife call airports..i landed at 16h20 n met my husband at 20h25.
so try guess 29 hrs travel then 4 hrs for landing procedures terrible.
be ready for baggages check as they can asked you to open all your luggages infront of them .dnt bring shells etc ..be confident try to be more than willing to open the luagges then they wont have doubt and all will be well you will be asked what gifts you are bringing and for whom..dnt knw if your landing airport will like Montreal just in case be ready..4hrs is really no joy believe me after such a long travel..b PREPARE FOR JETLAG..LOL
Indeed I'm very happy. I've not yet booked my ticket since I'll be travelling late November.

I'll be landing at Toronto Pearson airport and will take your advice into consideration.

Thanks for your valuable inputs. How's life in Canada?? Did you apply for jobs already?

mauritiusbride

Star Member
Aug 22, 2015
Acecube said:
Indeed I'm very happy. I've not yet booked my ticket since I'll be travelling late November.

I'll be landing at Toronto Pearson airport and will take your advice into consideration.

Thanks for your valuable inputs. How's life in Canada?? Did you apply for jobs already?
hi..
better reserve yr flightstickets now as you will get good price coz if yr date is close you will pay high price..
shamals travels good but could nt book with them..booked from port louis ..
well life nice..bit cold though its nt winter yet lool
i am still visiting ... my husband dnt want me to work yet..will see in few weeks.

Acecube

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 2014
Passport Req..
mauritiusbride said:
hi..
better reserve yr flightstickets now as you will get good price coz if yr date is close you will pay high price..
shamals travels good but could nt book with them..booked from port louis ..
well life nice..bit cold though its nt winter yet lool
i am still visiting ... my husband dnt want me to work yet..will see in few weeks.
Yeah you are right. Last minute booking will cost me very much. I got a quote of Rs 38k through London from Atom.

Did you guy have any experience in applying for American visa? I wanted to apply before i come there.

1Wayne1

Sep 26, 2015
Hello-- I am sponsoring my wife, who is in Botswana, through Pretoria.....on CIC website, it states that average processing time is 14 months.....its been 19mths so far and we are still waiting. To say they are slow and non-communicative would be an under statement.

mauritiusbride

Star Member
Aug 22, 2015
1Wayne1 said:
Hello-- I am sponsoring my wife, who is in Botswana, through Pretoria.....on CIC website, it states that average processing time is 14 months.....its been 19mths so far and we are still waiting. To say they are slow and non-communicative would be an under statement.
well in your case you should contact them..better do it before the elections

mauritiusbride

Star Member
Aug 22, 2015
Acecube said:
Yeah you are right. Last minute booking will cost me very much. I got a quote of Rs 38k through London from Atom.

Did you guy have any experience in applying for American visa? I wanted to apply before i come there.
American visa no..its for travels or wht?.coz i knw sometimes you are requested at the Mauritian embassy for interviews..
i think you can do it from Canada itself with yr Pr card

Acecube

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 2014
Passport Req..
1Wayne1 said:
Hi.

You should contact your mp since you have exceeded the normal processing times.

Acecube

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 2014
Passport Req..
mauritiusbride said:
American visa no..its for travels or wht?.coz i knw sometimes you are requested at the Mauritian embassy for interviews..
i think you can do it from Canada itself with yr Pr card
It's for travel. I wanted to get the american visa before i come so that we can visit the US if we want to.

MissSA108

Sep 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2015
AOR Received.
01-07-2015 AOR2-18-08-2015
File Transfer...
30-07-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
29-04-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-11-2015
Zaara0804 said:
Hello! We received the PPR today!! Yay, so happy :)
Hi guys
First of all congratulations Zaara0804!!! :)
No news on my end.. still waiting patiently.

mauritiusbride

Star Member
Aug 22, 2015
Acecube said:
It's for travel. I wanted to get the american visa before i come so that we can visit the US if we want to.
Acecube
just forget to tell u one thing i was told by immgration officer while landing...I cant leave Canada till i get PR CARD n if thr is urgency then i would need to apply for visa to re-enter Canada ..mayb its just for Quebec this rule but just b careful as we are not exempt visa countries...

Acecube

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 2014
Passport Req..
mauritiusbride said:
Acecube
just forget to tell u one thing i was told by immgration officer while landing...I cant leave Canada till i get PR CARD n if thr is urgency then i would need to apply for visa to re-enter Canada ..mayb its just for Quebec this rule but just b careful as we are not exempt visa countries...
Hi Mauritiusbride

Thanks for the info. It's not just for Quebec but in general. I just wanted to apply for the US visa before my arrival so that we can visit US if we want to in the future. I guess they will issue me a 10 years US visa if it gets accepted.