Waived
Passport Req..
18-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2016
LANDED..........
19-02-2016
Acecube said:
Got remedical request yesterday. They also stated that background check is still outstanding.

God knows what outstanding means and how many more months it's gonna take.
How many countries did you need a Police Clearance from and which countries are they?

Acecube

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 2014
Passport Req..
IP March 2015, PPR Sep 2015
abddayo said:
How many countries did you need a Police Clearance from and which countries are they?
Hi.

This check is done by the Visa office itself. I have never step a foot outside my country of origin.

abddayo

Star Member
May 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2015
AOR Received.
AOR1: 28-07-2015 AOR2 08-09-2015
File Transfer...
30-08-2015
Med's Done....
12-06-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2016
LANDED..........
19-02-2016
Acecube said:
Hi.

This check is done by the Visa office itself. I have never step a foot outside my country of origin.
Yeah I understand that, but I just wanted to know how many countries you needed it for (How many countries they are doing checks for), because I'm thinking that the more countries you need it for the longer it would take.

Acecube

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 2014
Passport Req..
abddayo said:
Yeah I understand that, but I just wanted to know how many countries you needed it for (How many countries they are doing checks for), because I'm thinking that the more countries you need it for the longer it would take.
Since I have never step foot outside my country of origin, they will have to do only one background check i.e of my country of origin.

ONB

Star Member
May 14, 2014
At the initial stage i provided 2 police clearances but when the application was in process and when it expired i have been told to produce only the south african one .

abddayo said:

ONB

Star Member
May 14, 2014
Hi Acecube ,

I am in canada already and i am actually busy with the job hunting . how is your file going so far ?

Acecube said:
Hi.

Acecube

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 2014
Passport Req..
ONB said:
Hi Acecube ,

I am in canada already and i am actually busy with the job hunting . how is your file going so far ?
That's fantastic news. Hope that you have settled smoothly and best of luck for the job hunting.

As for me, I have received an email from Pretoria on the eve of the my medical expiry date to redo a medical test. They also stated that my background check is still pending. I don't know why and I thought it would be pretty straightforward since I have never left Mauritius.

I guess I have to wait a bit longer than I expected. After how many months after you had to redo your medicals did you get an answer. Did they acknowledge receipt of your new medicals??

Also, can you please explain the process of landing and obtaining sin and pr card when you have time?

Best of luck mate and enjoy your time with your beloved ;)

ONB

Star Member
May 14, 2014
Hi Acecube ,

Things will be ok and you are almost at the end . I had to redo my medical in February 2015 , and after a week it was updated on the CIC website saying : Medical results received.

When landing in canada i was first sent to customer services ,to declare things i had and the amount of money , if it is > 10.000$ then you need to pay tax. From there i was sent to immigration i submitted my passport including the 2 certificates of permenant residence confirmation i received from pretoria and i signed them all in front of the immigration officer , then one of it was handed to me. Then they sent me to another service in order to apply for the sin and you obtain it directly at your arrival.

Acecube said:
That's fantastic news. Hope that you have settled smoothly and best of luck for the job hunting.

As for me, I have received an email from Pretoria on the eve of the my medical expiry date to redo a medical test. They also stated that my background check is still pending. I don't know why and I thought it would be pretty straightforward since I have never left Mauritius.

I guess I have to wait a bit longer than I expected. After how many months after you had to redo your medicals did you get an answer. Did they acknowledge receipt of your new medicals??

Also, can you please explain the process of landing and obtaining sin and pr card when you have time?

Best of luck mate and enjoy your time with your beloved ;)

Acecube

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 2014
Passport Req..
ONB said:
Hi Acecube ,

Things will be ok and you are almost at the end . I had to redo my medical in February 2015 , and after a week it was updated on the CIC website saying : Medical results received.

When landing in canada i was first sent to customer services ,to declare things i had and the amount of money , if it is > 10.000$ then you need to pay tax. From there i was sent to immigration i submitted my passport including the 2 certificates of permenant residence confirmation i received from pretoria and i signed them all in front of the immigration officer , then one of it was handed to me. Then they sent me to another service in order to apply for the sin and you obtain it directly at your arrival.
Thanks for the encouraging words. I hope to hear something sooner than later.

What about the PR card process?

ONB

Star Member
May 14, 2014
The PR card will be shipped to me to the adress I provided in 6 or 7 weeks time.

Acecube said:
Thanks for the encouraging words. I hope to hear something sooner than later.

What about the PR card process?

O ravel

Feb 4, 2015
MADAGASCAR
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/10/2014
Doc's Request.
14/12/2014
AOR Received.
05/02/2015
File Transfer...
17/03/2015
Interview........
decision made 15/08/2015
Passport Req..
27/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
13/08/2015
LANDED..........
october
Hi all;

So after the PPR, I sent my passport with 2 photos and the appendix A.
When they received the passport; the VCA sent me an email and asked me to pay CAD 29,61 as passport transmission fees.
They didnt mention that in the PPR...So I sent that fees via telegraphic transfert.
They received the payment 3 days after. The day they received the payment my ecas changed to Dm (last saturday)...but there s no details.. zhen I click on the decision made;theres no 4th line about any correspondance.its still medical results received.

So thats my last news..

mauritiusbride

Star Member
Aug 22, 2015
Acecube said:
Hi.

hi Acecube ,,
seem you are from Mauritius same like me.
have you got your request for passports?

Acecube

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 2014
Passport Req..
mauritiusbride said:
hi Acecube ,,
seem you are from Mauritius same like me.
have you got your request for passports?
Not yet. What is your timeline??

Acecube

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 2014
Passport Req..
mauritiusbride said:
mississauga =3rd march 2015
approval of sponsorship = 16 may 2015
csq =2 july 2015
Welcome to the thread.

Are you the sponsor or the principal applicant?

Did ecas changed to in process yet?