16th Jul' 2012 - updated Forms
Med's Request
Medical Request - 04-06-2013
Passport Req..
2nd December 2013
VISA ISSUED...
18th December 2013
LANDED..........
Hey Guys, New update about the 2000 CAP has alarmed me and i am back with a question that how you guys got information that your bank draft is en-cashed. i have just called on the number of Royal Bank of Canada (1-5068641555)and they are saying i cannot get any information about bank draft without the account number of receiver general of canada :(

Do you have that account number please share it with me so that i can check the status of my bank draft.

By the way you guys are doing wonderful job, i read all of the post as a silent member of your forum :)

Keep up the good work

Cur-Rozen

Sep 28, 2010
Ontario, Vaughan (city above Toronto)
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 20,2010
AOR Received.
Jan 13, 2011
IELTS Request
attached (L7.5 R9 W6.5 S6.5, BS7.5)
File Transfer...
2AOR - 8.03.2011
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Pippin, yes. You are right. Under these rules now yes - IELTS should be no more than 1 year old. I sitted mine in February. So it is ok with me. I just wanted to say that many people could have their IELTS prepared because of different reasons. And people under 1122 NOC are more english speaking, active and always in search for new opportunities. 8)

thai

Sep 7, 2010
I was told its not possible to check...you have to check with the issuing bank.

adeel41 said:
Hey Guys, New update about the 2000 CAP has alarmed me and i am back with a question that how you guys got information that your bank draft is en-cashed. i have just called on the number of Royal Bank of Canada (1-5068641555)and they are saying i cannot get any information about bank draft without the account number of receiver general of canada :(

Do you have that account number please share it with me so that i can check the status of my bank draft.

By the way you guys are doing wonderful job, i read all of the post as a silent member of your forum :)

Keep up the good work

C

Cam1234

Cappuccino said:
Firstly, as you say, why would they count an application towards the cap if they do not know if the person is eligible to apply? Someone without the experience required with no skills or qualifications and a very low language score, who might be totally ineligible would then be taking up a "place" in the cap limit.

Secondly, we have no definition as to what CIC class as "complete". Perhaps the eligibility review has to be successful in order for it to be complete?

Wayne.
To complicate matters more... this could answer your question:

"why would they count an application towards the cap if they do not know if the person is eligible to apply? "

Immigration Canada writes on the same page:

"a maximum of 20,000 complete Federal Skilled Worker applications will be considered for processing. Within the 20,000 cap, a maximum of 1,000 Federal Skilled Worker applications per eligible occupation will be considered for processing within this same time frame."

So they are saying, we will take 20,000 COMPLETE applications in, and 1000 COMPLETE applications within each NOC, whatever number within those passes eligibility and other requirements, fine. Those applicants who do not pass eligibility will have their applications returned. If I understand this correctly, they are not saying they will allow exactly 20,000 and 1000 from each NOC, rather they will only accept 20,000 (and 1000 in each NOC) COMPLETE applications...

Now I am really confused :)

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
Cam1234 said:
To complicate matters more... this could answer your question:

"why would they count an application towards the cap if they do not know if the person is eligible to apply? "

Immigration Canada writes on the same page:

"a maximum of 20,000 complete Federal Skilled Worker applications will be considered for processing. Within the 20,000 cap, a maximum of 1,000 Federal Skilled Worker applications per eligible occupation will be considered for processing within this same time frame."

So they are saying, we will take 20,000 COMPLETE applications in, and 1000 COMPLETE applications within each NOC, whatever number within those passes eligibility and other requirements, fine. Those applicants who do not pass eligibility will have their applications returned. If I understand this correctly, they are not saying they will allow exactly 20,000 and 1000 from each NOC, rather they will only accept 20,000 (and 1000 in each NOC) COMPLETE applications...

Now I am really confused :)
Which once again brings us full circle to what they mean by complete. We may think "complete" means passing the completeness check, but they may mean passed the eligibility review.

IMO the most logical point to count an application within the cap is once it has passed its eligibility review. However, only the very naive would think CIC are always logical ;)

So, let's say that these figures show applications which made it past the completeness check, irrespective of whether or not the application made it past the eligibility review, why are CIC now saying they are completing eligibility reviews past the end of August? This would mean the total number of applications received as of 19 October likely to make it as far as the visa office will be less than 2000 probably.

I don't buy it. Canada may have a backlog but ultimately they NEED skilled immigrants, and the most in demand have been identified in that list of 29 occupations. They stand the biggest chance of getting the right 20,000 people if they count applications towards the cap after they complete the eligibility review, not before.

Well, hopefully the next few weeks will start bringing AORs, and from thereon we may get a better idea of what the hell is going on. I like that CIC have finally published some news, but could they not at least make it a BIT clearer? Maybe someone can encourage them to clarify on their FAQ whether the numbers represent applications which have past eligibility review, or merely the completeness check?

Wayne.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/faq/immigrate/skilled/changes-fsw-faq05.asp

The cap is a limit on the number of complete applications considered for processing. In this case, Citizenship and Immigration Canada will only consider a maximum of 20,000 complete applications under the occupation list. There is no limit to the number of applicants with a job offer. Within the 20,000 cap, a maximum of 1,000 federal skilled worker applications per occupation will be considered for processing each year.
This reads to me:
"complete applications" = completeness check passed
"considered for processing" = eligibility review complete

Since processing is done at the visa office, not by CIC.

So although they abbrieviated this to just "complete applications" on their list, I am now fairly sure that an application will not count towards the cap until its eligibility review is complete. The fact that only 2226 are on the list and 3 or 4 members have had confirm by telephone from CIC that eligibility reviews have been completed up until the end of August, this would all seem to tie in and make sense.

Wayne.

C

Cam1234

Cappuccino said:
Which once again brings us full circle to what they mean by complete. We may think "complete" means passing the completeness check, but they may mean passed the eligibility review.

IMO the most logical point to count an application within the cap is once it has passed its eligibility review. However, only the very naive would think CIC are always logical ;)

So, let's say that these figures show applications which made it past the completeness check, irrespective of whether or not the application made it past the eligibility review, why are CIC now saying they are completing eligibility reviews past the end of August? This would mean the total number of applications received as of 19 October likely to make it as far as the visa office will be less than 2000 probably.

I don't buy it. Canada may have a backlog but ultimately they NEED skilled immigrants, and the most in demand have been identified in that list of 29 occupations. They stand the biggest chance of getting the right 20,000 people if they count applications towards the cap after they complete the eligibility review, not before.

Well, hopefully the next few weeks will start bringing AORs, and from thereon we may get a better idea of what the hell is going on. I like that CIC have finally published some news, but could they not at least make it a BIT clearer? Maybe someone can encourage them to clarify on their FAQ whether the numbers represent applications which have past eligibility review, or merely the completeness check?

Wayne.
My apologies for beating this conversation to death :) But consider this: We know through our own sources that CIO is going through the eligibility phase for August 30 applicants right now. Wouldn't it make sense for them to write as of "August 30, 2010" on today's update?... and then list all these numbers.

The fact that they are saying as of October 19, and we know that they have only reached eligibility of those applicants up to August 30, only goes to prove that those numbers are from applications that have gone through the completeness check only and not eligibility...

OK, I'm done :)

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
Cam1234 said:
My apologies for beating this conversation to death :) But consider this: We know through our own sources that CIO is going through the eligibility phase for August 30 applicants right now. Wouldn't it make sense for them to write as of "August 30, 2010" on today's update?... and then list all these numbers.

The fact that they are saying as of October 19, and we know that they have only reached eligibility of those applicants up to August 30, only goes to prove that those numbers are from applications that have gone through the completeness check only and not eligibility...

OK, I'm done :)
I think they wrote "as of October 19" simply because that was the date they posted it. On October 19th they posted (IMO) how many applications had passed the eligibility review as of that date. Whichever date received those applications represent is a different matter.

As for "beating the subject to death" - come on, what the hell else are we supposed to do until we start getting AORs? :)

Wayne.

C

Cam1234

Cappuccino said:
As for "beating the subject to death" - come on, what the hell else are we supposed to do until we start getting AORs? :)

Wayne.
I guess it can be seen both ways, hence our confusion... To be honest I'm more worried why I have not received my FBI background Check. It has been two months... My wife used to live in England for sometime and we got hers sent to the US in two weeks... I realize FBI takes a long time, but I don't want my application to fail because I cannot come up with the document :(

anil04_10

Champion Member
Aug 20, 2010
Brampton, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-10-2015 Local Office....: Mississauga
AOR Received.
03-30-2015 In Process......: 06-15-2015 Test.......: 11-26-2015 Oath........: Waiting
johny gaddar said:
Hi guys,
check this... The link below shows the breakup of number of applications received for the current 29 NOC list till 19th October, 2010.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/complete-applications.asp
Regards,
mni
this msg originally pasted by MNI not me. so thanks to him.
Oye johny gaddar

Paronthe waali galli wich parantha khaa rea see ;D ;D...... this is old news dear ...... we are having a war here :eek: :eek: enjoying the same since 5 (p)ages .... Hor...in process kahaan tak aaya 22g.......... However ...thanks a lot. Take care.

Cheers, Anil

discreet

Apr 25, 2010
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/06/2011
AOR Received.
PER: 16/08/2011 AOR: not recieved
IELTS Request
submited with application
File Transfer...
RBVO: 17/09/2011 INPROCESS: 22/12/2011 Addition of newborn within 45 days: 22/12/2011
Med's Request
10/02/2012
Med's Done....
16/02
Passport Req..
PPR 1: 03/04/12 PPR 2: 25/4/12 via email
VISA ISSUED...
recieved on 08.05.12
LANDED..........
July 2012
Respected Memember,
I will honored if you people help me in sorting out my documents according to new rules.
IF any one could give me full listed of documents for CIO ....I mean wht to submit original and wht in copies as per CIO checklist and London (visa office checklist) as I am from Pakistan.
When to give proof of funds and how.....?
Any any other helpful point for gathering documents and completion of application.
Thanks

psychologist
MSc- Psychology

punter

Star Member
Oct 20, 2010
thai said:
I was told its not possible to check...you have to check with the issuing bank.
I was also told the same. But neither issuing bank nor Canadian Bank (RBC) is able to track. I guess we'll have to wait.

Dr.Alex

Star Member
Aug 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2010
AOR Received.
24-11-2010 & 2nd AOR 21-02-2011
thx Coffee, Amro, asaif, canady....yeah asaif I was worried so much...tslam ya basha....thx god.

thx Moori...congratulations back 2 u 2 for ur en-cashment:)

ISA canady...sure man....u r most welcome...it'll be from my pleasure 2 meet all of u guys.

Dr.Alex

Star Member
Aug 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2010
AOR Received.
24-11-2010 & 2nd AOR 21-02-2011
maryjohns said:
Hi,

My application was sent via Fedex on Oct 7 and arrived N.S on Oct 13. However, I have not received any confirmation email from CIO and have not seen CIO charged my credit card yet. Is there anyone here in the same situation? How long would it take to get the 1st response from CIO? Thanks

-Mary
don't worry Mary....u have 2 wait some more days for en-cashment...please update us with ur VO & NOC to add u to our spreadsheet, regards.