CanadaJimmy

Nov 4, 2010
BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gogocanada said:
updated processing time for FSW

***cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/skilled-fed.asp
Note that this is "Processing times for federal skilled worker applications processed by visa offices outside Canada", pretty sure the stats are for those who applied Outland rather than Inland via CIO.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Tuesday and not a sign of any fees being cashed this week. Why so quiet? There will be no news tomorrow as November 11th is a stat holiday in Canada to commemorate those who fought and lost their lives in wars. We wear a poppy in the days leading up to November 11 and stop whatever we are doing for two minutes at exactly 11AM.

canada0801

Sep 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo >> Transferred to NYC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2010 CC Charged.........: 03-11-2010
Doc's Request.
submitted with application; new PCC resubmitted with MR
AOR Received.
02-17-2011
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
received by Buffalo VO >> transfer to NYC
Med's Request
01-29-2012
Med's Done....
03-16-2012
Interview........
tbd
Passport Req..
tbd
VISA ISSUED...
tbd
LANDED..........
tbd
Cappuccino said:
Well yes and no. This deal works both ways. Yes, of course, we should be grateful to Canada for considering us. But also, Canada should be grateful to the skilled workers that it NEEDS who are considering Canada to emmigrate to instead of one of the other many countries they could choose.

I can guarantee there are medical radiation technologists, crane operators, dental therapists, chefs, plumbers, welders etc out there who are planning to emmigrate, yet only a handful of each of these job categories, worldwide, has chosen Canada as the country to apply to.

We've seen a big drop in application intakes this year compared with previous years, and already it's looking unlikely that the 20,000 cap will be reached, with only a handful of NOCs looking like they will make 1000.

Please remember what I said about this being a two-way process. Canada has some great things to offer immigrants, and but skilled immigrants also have a lot to offer Canada. At the moment Canada seem to be treating this as a one-way process. CIC need to get their customer service right, else if they are not careful a lot of skilled and educated people might look elsewhere.

Wayne.
Ideally yes, but let's look at the real picture.

If you notice, the reason Canada introduced the CAP was that they couldn't handle the number of applications. To me it sounds like too much supply (applicants) vs relatively much more moderate demand (applications processed).

RE: radiation technologists, crane operators, plumbers and welders.. I think the reason for unfilled CAP is not the shortage of those professionals willing to immigrate to Canada vs chosing other countries.

It could be that many of crane operators, plumbers and welders from non-English speaking countries simply can't score enough points to apply. And those with trade certificates and experience and passing score still may not have enough savings to have POF, and those who do may simply find it counter-rational to burn it for the sake of , for instance, operating cranes in Canada vs where they do it now.

Also, I read the news and, notwithstanding the movement of European nationals within EU, it seems that nowdays educated people over the world may not just look elsewhere, like they could 15-20 or even 10 years ago.

All this adds up to simple conclusion: we need to reach Canada more than Canada needs us.

And Canada doesn't shut it's doors in front of our faces.
Instead, it displays clear set of requirements that will qualify one to be considered for permanent admission.

It is something we should ALL be grateful for, regardless of time it takes to process or even the outcome of our individual applications.

I do wish everyone plenty of luck and a little patience :)

chima1980

Star Member
Oct 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October,27,2010
AOR Received.
PER received April 18th
IELTS Request
Included with app
Kindly update me on the spreadsheet.

Noc code: 3131 Pharmacist
Method of paymeny: BD
Recieved Date: Oct,27
VO: Singapore
PCC: Not yet
Date of encashment: Nov,3
IELTS: Included with app

Chima :D

kimwayne

Nov 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-10
Doc's Request.
BD has been cashed out(Nov.10,2010)
Nomination.....
In Process(February 23,2011),Centralized Intake Office Sydney (CIO-S) Eligibility Review Complete (February 26,2011)
AOR Received.
PER received February 23,2011,2nd AOR(Per) March 17,2011
IELTS Request
submitted with the rest of the documents
File Transfer...
March 24,2011
Med's Request
July 13,2011
Med's Done....
July 28,2011.Payment for processing and RPRF for my wife done in SEPT.16,2011
Interview........
i hope not
Passport Req..
Nov.28,2011
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 11,2011
LANDED..........
April 30,2012..Successfully completed and became a permanent resident holder.
chima1980 said:
Kindly update me on the spreadsheet.

Noc code: 3131 Pharmacist
Method of paymeny: BD
Recieved Date: Oct,27
Date of encashment: Nov,3
IELTS: Included with app

Chima :D

Wow,how i wish i used my credit card!But anyway,congrats!

arasah

Oct 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
Med's Request
12-12-11
Med's Done....
07-01-12
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-12
LANDED..........
Landed December 2012
Cappuccino said:
It's a start - but IMO they should offer some explanation as to why they have completed 3 months' worth of eligibility reviews and still haven't issued a single AOR or rejection.

Wayne.
Update in spread sheet.

Appl received at CIO: 10 Sept'10
NOC: 0631
Payment enchased: 27 Sept'10
Mode of payment: Bank Draft
IELTS: Included
AOR: Not yet

arasah

Oct 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
Med's Request
12-12-11
Med's Done....
07-01-12
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-12
LANDED..........
Landed December 2012
Pippin said:
Tuesday and not a sign of any fees being cashed this week. Why so quiet? There will be no news tomorrow as November 11th is a stat holiday in Canada to commemorate those who fought and lost their lives in wars. We wear a poppy in the days leading up to November 11 and stop whatever we are doing for two minutes at exactly 11AM.
thnx for the information.

mayankpandya

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011.
Doc's Request.
PER on 24- MAR- 2011.
AOR Received.
20-APRIL-2011
File Transfer...
In-Process on 30 May 2011
Med's Request
14 July 2011
Med's Done....
22 July 2011
Passport Req..
14 -Jul- 2011 Passport send on 26-Jul-11
VISA ISSUED...
29-AUG-11
LANDED..........
16-OCT-11
Canada needs chefs and cooks, not lawyers or teachers – CIC

Canada, 10th November: As per the latest updated immigration qualifications list by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC), there is an increased requirement for cooks and chefs in Canada.

And the list has excluded teachers, lawyers and other important high-skilled professionals.

So, there is absolutely no requirement for immigrant lawyers in Canada. And the same holds true to immigrant teachers since Canada does not have any jobs even for those teachers who have received their education and training from Canadian universities.

The fact is that there are no takers for getting the services of teachers with Canadian degrees(and training) even without paying any fees. And if any immigrant teacher still wants to move to Canada, then he should rather be prepared for taking other jobs including that of cleaners etc.

Meanwhile, the Canada immigration department has its doors wide open for high-skilled chef or cook. Cooks and chefs are treated with great respect in Canada and are very well paid to afford a quality living in Canada since they don’t need to depend on tips for their earning as seems to be case with chefs and cooks in Africa.

And its not just the chefs and cooks themselves who are welcomed to immigrate to Canada as per the latest

Canada immigration rules, even their family members getting sponsorship are invited to join them in this friendly nation. The new Canada immigration policy will result in fast immigration of family sponsorships in Canada.
The latest changes in Canada immigration policy are in tune with the current skills in great demand in Canada while excluding skills that are no longer needed by Canada.

Canada has many high-skilled professionals driving taxis or involved in jobs that are far below their educational qualification or expertise. Hence, Canada wants to invite only those immigrants who can gain adequate jobs after immigrating here.

Canada is, indeed, a multicultural nation which is regarded to be immigrant-friendly. Its unlike the nations like Germany where immigrants not following German ways are threatened with dire consequences.

Canada offers attractive pay packages to help new immigrants settle and integrate successfully in this nation. The year 2011 will see arrival of nearly 265,000 new immigrants coming to the nation to live and work here.

EnvioZA

Jul 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Tokyo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 22
Doc's Request.
Sent with app.
AOR Received.
15th Feb. 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with app.
Med's Request
13/5/2011
Med's Done....
17/5/2011
Passport Req..
9/8/2011
mayankpandya said:
Canada needs chefs and cooks, not lawyers or teachers – CIC

Canada, 10th November: As per the latest updated immigration qualifications list by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC), there is an increased requirement for cooks and chefs in Canada.

And the list has excluded teachers, lawyers and other important high-skilled professionals.

So, there is absolutely no requirement for immigrant lawyers in Canada. And the same holds true to immigrant teachers since Canada does not have any jobs even for those teachers who have received their education and training from Canadian universities.

The fact is that there are no takers for getting the services of teachers with Canadian degrees(and training) even without paying any fees. And if any immigrant teacher still wants to move to Canada, then he should rather be prepared for taking other jobs including that of cleaners etc.

Meanwhile, the Canada immigration department has its doors wide open for high-skilled chef or cook. Cooks and chefs are treated with great respect in Canada and are very well paid to afford a quality living in Canada since they don't need to depend on tips for their earning as seems to be case with chefs and cooks in Africa.

And its not just the chefs and cooks themselves who are welcomed to immigrate to Canada as per the latest

Canada immigration rules, even their family members getting sponsorship are invited to join them in this friendly nation. The new Canada immigration policy will result in fast immigration of family sponsorships in Canada.
The latest changes in Canada immigration policy are in tune with the current skills in great demand in Canada while excluding skills that are no longer needed by Canada.

Canada has many high-skilled professionals driving taxis or involved in jobs that are far below their educational qualification or expertise. Hence, Canada wants to invite only those immigrants who can gain adequate jobs after immigrating here.

Canada is, indeed, a multicultural nation which is regarded to be immigrant-friendly. Its unlike the nations like Germany where immigrants not following German ways are threatened with dire consequences.

Canada offers attractive pay packages to help new immigrants settle and integrate successfully in this nation. The year 2011 will see arrival of nearly 265,000 new immigrants coming to the nation to live and work here.
Is this eassy really from CIC? ??
Hey Mayank brother, from where you got this? Can provide any weblink or somehting?
Thanks in advance.

krishnameister

Star Member
Oct 6, 2010
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please update my info in the spreadsheet

arasah said:
thnx for the information.
Hi,

My wife ( Primary applicant ) and my self sent the application to NS, Sydney, pls see below info:

NOC: 3142
App sent date: Nov 1st 2010
Application reached: Nov 5th 2010.
IELTS: Included
PCC: Not included
BD status: Enquired with State bank of India, but told us we cant know the status
VO office: India, New Delhi.
AOR status: Waiting.

Thx,
krishna

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
Ok chima1980, arasah and krishnameister - I added you to the spreadsheet.

Wayne.

pun123

Mar 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If we notice the regular update of CAPs, only 50-60 (average) applications are entering per day. By this speed balance 16,000 would take 300 working days to complete. Then their AOR etc

So the stock pilling of application theory may not work considering 33 week or 16 weeks theory

All assumptions......

smiler 11

Mar 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08/11/2010
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
.22/02/2011....
IELTS Request
submitted with app
File Transfer...
.....28/03/2011 approx
Med's Request
.....13/10/2011
Med's Done....
......02/12/2011
Interview........
Passport Req..
30/01/2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
asap ;0)
Our credit card has been cashed. Our paperwork arrived on Monday in Canada. I checked my bankstatement online this morning and the pr fee has been taken. :) :) :) :) :).

arasah

Oct 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
Med's Request
12-12-11
Med's Done....
07-01-12
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-12
LANDED..........
Landed December 2012
Cappuccino said:
Ok chima1980, arasah and krishnameister - I added you to the spreadsheet.

Wayne.
Thanx to include in spreadsheet, but it will be arasah, nt arash