Oct 2, 2010
Dublin
NOC Code......
Citizenship
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13 Dec 16
aah, come on. They have updated the CAP sheet (total no of completed applications) almost regularly. They deserve credit for that. The new guys in 1122 will not bother applying anymore and of course crane operators can take thier own sweet time to get ready.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
kolhapuri said:
aah, come on. They have updated the CAP sheet (total no of completed applications) almost regularly. They deserve credit for that. The new guys in 1122 will not bother applying anymore and of course crane operators can take thier own sweet time to get ready.
It's a start - but IMO they should offer some explanation as to why they have completed 3 months' worth of eligibility reviews and still haven't issued a single AOR or rejection.

Wayne.

M000dy

Oct 2, 2010
Way to go DHL!!!

Today I received an email from an address masked as coming from DHL. It stated that my application package has been returned due to incorrect postal address. I should print the attached file (which is in ZIP format) and go to SDF to collect it.

Considering that I had sent my package to POBOX 7500, I wondered for a minute if this could be true. Then I checked on DHL website using my tracking no. There was no such information. The email was referring to a client id and reference number which was unknown to me. The Zip file contained a virus (which my anti-virus saved me from) and would not download.

At the bottom of the email, there was a paragraph written in white (thus making it unreadable) which narrated some story.

Finally I searched internet and found many such stories where a DHL/UPS masked email asks you to open the attached file.

After wasting half an hour of my time, I have concluded that it is a scam. so heads up buddies. Such emails might be on their way to many guys.

What bothers me is the lost privacy of my email address. DHL email had tried various combinations of my name in the CC field. So I wonder...whats wrong with this world?

kolhapuri

Oct 2, 2010
Dublin
NOC Code......
Citizenship
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13 Dec 16
There are programs that go thru forums to get emails and then spam them with virus - spyware. This is easy as forums are not money generators and so mostly have lax security. the best way is to have a few emails. Use one for important use only and then another for forums and other public use.

kathe

Sep 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2010
AOR Received.
17/02/2011
Med's Request
24/05/2011
Med's Done....
27/06/2011 RPRF Sent...:27/06/2011 RPRF Cashed...: 29/06/2011
Passport Req..
14/07/2011 Passport submitted...: 10/08/2011
VISA ISSUED...
18/08/2011
LANDED..........
Soon
canada0801 said:
It's been less than 5 months since new regulation went into effect, many of us submitted apps in less than past 3 or 4 moths. Everybody, relax :D One year is nothing! Just pray and hope that you successfully pass through all stages.
We should ALL be VERY GRATEFUL to Canada for even allowing us to be considered and apply under federal skilled worker program. Many countries of the world effectively restrict the immigration and WHERE ELSE can you immigrate nowdays without direct sponsorship, job offer or immediate relative?
Give Canadians some credit and stop complaining.

My 2 cents.
Kudo for you Canada 0801! let me borrow your words,One year is nothing! Guys, please be patient a while, before 2008 applicants have been stuck about 4 to 5 years in the uncertainity.Post June 2010 system itself is a pioneer system for both parties(CIC & applicants).Before June 2010, CIC had done eligibility review just on application forms,but for our entourage,CIC has been orchestrating a scrutiny of the application forms together with a variety of supportive documents for an applicant, it would unavoidably take longer times than that of pre June bunch.Give CIC more times to do their jobs.Rest assured that you all guys' patience will be rewarded in the long term.

asaif

Sep 3, 2010
London, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
M000dy said:
Way to go DHL!!!

Today I received an email from an address masked as coming from DHL. It stated that my application package has been returned due to incorrect postal address. I should print the attached file (which is in ZIP format) and go to SDF to collect it.

Considering that I had sent my package to POBOX 7500, I wondered for a minute if this could be true. Then I checked on DHL website using my tracking no. There was no such information. The email was referring to a client id and reference number which was unknown to me. The Zip file contained a virus (which my anti-virus saved me from) and would not download.

At the bottom of the email, there was a paragraph written in white (thus making it unreadable) which narrated some story.

Finally I searched internet and found many such stories where a DHL/UPS masked email asks you to open the attached file.

After wasting half an hour of my time, I have concluded that it is a scam. so heads up buddies. Such emails might be on their way to many guys.

What bothers me is the lost privacy of my email address. DHL email had tried various combinations of my name in the CC field. So I wonder...whats wrong with this world?
I got the same email but didn't open it because it looked quite fishy. How could my application missed its way to the CIO while my CC had been encashed.

Shalom1

Nov 7, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
4th Nov 2011
M000dy said:
Way to go DHL!!!

I have a little concern about the address you sent your application to. P.O. Box 7500 is for regular mail. I used that same address because I used regular mail in sending my application.
Street address was specified for courier use. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Pls check http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/EG7.pdf page 36
You should have used 196 George Street Sydney, NS B1P 1J3 Canada for courier use.
Best wishes

Shalom1

Nov 7, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
4th Nov 2011
Does anybody share a different view from my opinion about Mooody's postage address?

M000dy

Oct 2, 2010
Shalom1 said:
I have a little concern about the address you sent your application to. P.O. Box 7500 is for regular mail. I
You should have used 196 George Street Sydney, NS B1P 1J3 Canada for courier use.
Best wishes
You are right Shalom. Please refer to some previous pages where this issue was discussed in details. I had also called CIO Call Center and was assured that if my courier does deliver to POBoxes and if my package status is delivered, then there should not be any problem. Thanks for the concern dear.

Shalom1

Nov 7, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
4th Nov 2011
Concerning the issue of AORs, let us all be patient till november ending. I hope something will show up from 1st week of december. I am anxious myself. I have learnt to wait. We applied before in my wife's name in july 2007. There is no development about it. They only recently requested for another bank draft when they could not cash the one sent before.
Best wishes to us all!

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
I understand that the length of time to process is a 12 month retrospective and does not reflect the post 26/06 applications, but I wonder how closely we will match the present number of months? For example: New Delhi states 10 months. That is the time for processing after full docs reach the VO and does not include all the time the app spent at CIO and in the mail. Could it be that post 26/06 will start their 10 month count from the date it is opened and reviewed at CIO? This would fit with the 33 wk timeframe and allow approx 2 months for submission of PCC/medicals and visa stamping.

M

meialua

Pippin said:
Hi Meialua: I have been following your timeline and am relieved that your returned app was not lost in the mail, but I am so sorry for the reason your application was returned. I encourage you to return it with a strong cover letter stating the facts as soon as possible. Please let us know how things go. Good Luck!
Hi all,

Sorry for my late response I was writing the covering letter. I will keep you updated about my case... thanks everybody for your words, I am not convinced that my case will be considered but at least I will try!!!