13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
Hi Cam,

Yes I sympathise, the lack of communication is the worst part of this. I think we'd accept a delay if CIC gave us the reason WHY such a delay was necessary. And it's not like they're not doing the eligibility reviews yet. Too many people have had confirmation from CIC that they have done eligibility reviews for up to August, and now up to the end of September, for them all to be wrong.

So, we think applications received up until early October have had their eligibility reviews complete. Yet there are no rejections (post encashment) and no AORs.

Things brings us round in circles and back to my initial possibilities, that either a separate team is responsible for issuing AORs and rejections, and CIC have 3 months' worth of post-June-26 AORs and rejections in a stockpile waiting to be done - OR they are purposefully chosing not to send them out yet.

To be honest I'd believe either. May and June candidates also had a frustrating wait, but this was at least an understandable wait for the following reasons
1) Large influx of applications for May and June (around 50,000 I understand)
2) Students visas over the summer to issue
3) Staff holidays over the summer

I think the first May candidate to receive an AOR had to wait about 3 months. Our early July candidates have already had to wait 4 months, and NONE of the above reasons should apply to post-June-26 applications. They've apparently received only 4000 TOTAL complete applications in all this time!

Obviously that's FSW1, they haven't published how many FSW2 applications with a job offer they have also received.

But, to quote the immortal Baby Herman from the film Who Framed Roger Rabbit, "The whole thing stinks like yesterday's dipers".

I feel CIC owes the post-June-26 crowd some answers. If there are reasons for the long delays, then at least tell us the reasons. We KNOW we'll have a long wait at the visa office, at least tell us why we have this additional long wait at CIC!...

Wayne.

EnvioZA

Jul 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Tokyo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 22
Doc's Request.
Sent with app.
AOR Received.
15th Feb. 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with app.
Med's Request
13/5/2011
Med's Done....
17/5/2011
Passport Req..
9/8/2011
@wayne,
Hey bro. Thanks for your wise input.
You said in your last post that we all KNOW that we have along wait at VO.
How can we be sure that according to the new system ( Post-june) we will have to wait long time when VO will receive our application from CIO? IMO, we can't just compare with this post-june process with previous since many things are happening in a new fashion here. Besides, It supposed to be finished in 12 months isn't it?Or I am getting it all wrong?

kolhapuri

Oct 2, 2010
Dublin
NOC Code......
Citizenship
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13 Dec 16
Post June 26 candidates are Guinea pigs. We dont know and i think even CIC dont know clearly what they are doing or going to do and so there is a lull there. Nothing can be based on the previous applications.

C

Cam1234

Hi Wayne:

After all the theories and everything we have heard from people calling CIC, the best time frame that I believe in, is what I was told when contacted by the Minister's office: Four months after you were encashed. This makes sense because completeness check is an added layer of work this year and once encashed that procedure is finished. So, they started cashing in the beginning of Sept., therefore first AORs end of Dec. or more likely beginning of Jan.... and then another 12 months at VO. So we are looking at the first candidates landing around Feb. of 2012 :(

What I don't understand is, the new rules of June 26 were put into place, among other things, to avoid a future backlog, to send full application to CIC in order to shave off the 120 unnecessary days of delay at VO, and generally to speed up the application process between 6 to 12 months so Canada could be more competitive with other countries in attracting the most educated and skilled.

Unfortunately every thing we know to date indicates there is going to be a new backlog, the 120 days shaved off by submitting full applications, for many, will be meaningless because the new PCC rules are going to delay many applications at the VO level, and 6 to 12 months becomes a dream.

I certainly hope I am wrong,
Cam

C

Cam1234

kolhapuri said:
Post June 26 candidates are Guinea pigs. We dont know and i think even CIC dont know clearly what they are doing or going to do and so there is a lull there. Nothing can be based on the previous applications.
Very good point kolhapuri, completely agree.

EnvioZA

Jul 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Tokyo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 22
Doc's Request.
Sent with app.
AOR Received.
15th Feb. 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with app.
Med's Request
13/5/2011
Med's Done....
17/5/2011
Passport Req..
9/8/2011
kolhapuri said:
I worked with Guinea pigs in lab. Who knew one day I will be one by entering into post june application process. :-\

haddad2010

Star Member
Jul 6, 2010
Riyadh
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/06/2010
AOR Received.
1st 18/10/2010 Documents recived by VO 1st,November 2010
File Transfer...
Second AOR 12/04/2011
Med's Request
21st,April 2012 Decision made.No medical
Passport Req..
؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟
VISA ISSUED...
؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟
Hi guys,

information below represents the phases of the assessment and processing.

Completeness check

Citizenship and Immigration Canada reviews your application to make sure that:
- all required fields in your application forms are complete,
- all required documents are submitted from both the CIO document checklist (IMM 5612), and visa-office-specific document
checklist,
- the correct processing fee payment has been made.

If your application is:
- incomplete or;
- the occupation you are applying under has reached the allowable limit under category 1,
your entire package (including your payment) will be returned to you with a letter explaining why it is being returned.

Eligibility Review

An officer will make a final determination of eligibility of your application to determine whether:
- your application qualifies for processing under one of the two categories described in the Ministerial Instructions
If your application qualifies for processing , you will be sent a letter that:
-notifies you of this fact and provides you with your reference number,
If your application does not qualify for processing under the Ministerial Instructions you will be sent a letter that:
 provides the reason why your application is not eligible for processing
 confirms that a refund for the processing fee will be issued

Selection and Admissibility

If your application is eligible for processing, your application will be assessed against the following requirements:
 minimal requirements
 selection factors
 sufficient funds
 admissibility (criminality, security, medical)

it means that all elligible applicants will receive only one AOR and the next step will be medical. visa office will only notified to issue your visas so i asume that processing time will be shorter i can say from 6 to 9 months altogether.

thanks

canady

Sep 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received 02-09-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with App.
AOR Received.
21-12-2010 [img]http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc386/hazooma/Maple.gif[/img]
IELTS Request
Sent with App.
... Eligibility Review

An officer will make a final determination of eligibility of your application ...

An officer maybe means CIO officer or VO officer or both.

I hope u r right. IMO that officer will be CIO mainly + a possible involvement of a VO officer (based on the clarity & formality of the supportive documents)

haddad2010 said:
Hi guys,

information below represents the phases of the assessment and processing.

Completeness check

Citizenship and Immigration Canada reviews your application to make sure that:
- all required fields in your application forms are complete,
- all required documents are submitted from both the CIO document checklist (IMM 5612), and visa-office-specific document
checklist,
- the correct processing fee payment has been made.

If your application is:
- incomplete or;
- the occupation you are applying under has reached the allowable limit under category 1,
your entire package (including your payment) will be returned to you with a letter explaining why it is being returned.

Eligibility Review

An officer will make a final determination of eligibility of your application to determine whether:
- your application qualifies for processing under one of the two categories described in the Ministerial Instructions
If your application qualifies for processing , you will be sent a letter that:
-notifies you of this fact and provides you with your reference number,
If your application does not qualify for processing under the Ministerial Instructions you will be sent a letter that:
 provides the reason why your application is not eligible for processing
 confirms that a refund for the processing fee will be issued

Selection and Admissibility

If your application is eligible for processing, your application will be assessed against the following requirements:
 minimal requirements
 selection factors
 sufficient funds
 admissibility (criminality, security, medical)

it means that all elligible applicants will receive only one AOR and the next step will be medical. visa office will only notified to issue your visas so i asume that processing time will be shorter i can say from 6 to 9 months altogether.

thanks

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
EnvioZA said:
I worked with Guinea pigs in lab. Who knew one day I will be one by entering into post june application process. :-\
Even guinea pigs in a lab get fed. CIC aren't even feeding us.....

Wayne.

moegbenga

Star Member
Nov 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra,Ghana
NOC Code......
2151(Architects)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Application resent-Jan 26th 2011
Doc's Request.
All sent including PCC.
AOR Received.
PER received 22nd March 2011
IELTS Request
sent with application(6.5 band score)
Med's Request
30th June 2011.
Med's Done....
12th July 2011.
Interview........
waived, Glory be to Jesus.
Passport Req..
8th September 2011.
VISA ISSUED...
19th September 2011.Glory be to Jesus.
LANDED..........
Soon.
piznyuralex said:
I have already geve them a lot of calls. One thing I know for shure. At the moment they can say something regarding the applications recieved prior to September 10. I gave them a call 1,5 weeks ago and yesterday. It seems that their system is not up to date does not comply with the CIO computer system. Call centre is located in Montreal. In order to act fast and properly you need to have fresh information. Unfortunately their information is behind the real moment in time.
Dear piznyuralex,
My own application too go there on the 1st of Nov received by the same fellow who got your own, and they have not cashed my CC yet,which number did you call them on,though indira,Naija pikin and other good guys on this forum suggest we should give them time.i think we should truly and hope for the best.i know everything will be okay.

canada0801

Sep 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo >> Transferred to NYC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2010 CC Charged.........: 03-11-2010
Doc's Request.
submitted with application; new PCC resubmitted with MR
AOR Received.
02-17-2011
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
received by Buffalo VO >> transfer to NYC
Med's Request
01-29-2012
Med's Done....
03-16-2012
Interview........
tbd
Passport Req..
tbd
VISA ISSUED...
tbd
LANDED..........
tbd
It's been less than 5 months since new regulation went into effect, many of us submitted apps in less than past 3 or 4 moths. Everybody, relax :D One year is nothing! Just pray and hope that you successfully pass through all stages.
We should ALL be VERY GRATEFUL to Canada for even allowing us to be considered and apply under federal skilled worker program. Many countries of the world effectively restrict the immigration and WHERE ELSE can you immigrate nowdays without direct sponsorship, job offer or immediate relative?
Give Canadians some credit and stop complaining.

My 2 cents.

dibs

Oct 17, 2010
Kochi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2010
AOR Received.
14-02-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with app (Band score 8.)
canada0801 said:
It's been less than 5 months since new regulation went into effect, many of us submitted apps in less than past 3 or 4 moths. Everybody, relax :D One year is nothing! Just pray and hope that you successfully pass through all stages.
We should ALL be VERY GRATEFUL to Canada for even allowing us to be considered and apply under federal skilled worker program. Many countries of the world effectively restrict the immigration and WHERE ELSE can you immigrate nowdays without direct sponsorship, job offer or immediate relative?

My 2 cents.
Wish I had a " like " button to press for ur comment .. Jus like the one we have in Facebook .. ;)

EnvioZA

Jul 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Tokyo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 22
Doc's Request.
Sent with app.
AOR Received.
15th Feb. 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with app.
Med's Request
13/5/2011
Med's Done....
17/5/2011
Passport Req..
9/8/2011
canada0801 said:

My 2 cents.
:p of course we know these facts.
But I guess this thread people are addicted to forum. So we come here gather and analyze, bash, praise, give compliment to each other, help each other, sympathize with someone misfortune, reject/accept ideas and the list goes on....
That’s exactly what we should do in a forum.
I am confident that nobody is dying here to go to Canada within next 6 months. All the tread members here are doing fine in his/her field. Personally I want to land before 2012. So I don’t mind if it’s a bit late but honestly I can’t restrict myself coming here everyday, commenting or reading the thread like an addict. :eek:

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
canada0801 said:

My 2 cents.
Well yes and no. This deal works both ways. Yes, of course, we should be grateful to Canada for considering us. But also, Canada should be grateful to the skilled workers that it NEEDS who are considering Canada to emmigrate to instead of one of the other many countries they could choose.

I can guarantee there are medical radiation technologists, crane operators, dental therapists, chefs, plumbers, welders etc out there who are planning to emmigrate, yet only a handful of each of these job categories, worldwide, has chosen Canada as the country to apply to.

We've seen a big drop in application intakes this year compared with previous years, and already it's looking unlikely that the 20,000 cap will be reached, with only a handful of NOCs looking like they will make 1000.

Please remember what I said about this being a two-way process. Canada has some great things to offer immigrants, and but skilled immigrants also have a lot to offer Canada. At the moment Canada seem to be treating this as a one-way process. CIC need to get their customer service right, else if they are not careful a lot of skilled and educated people might look elsewhere.

Wayne.

C

Cam1234

canada0801 said:

My 2 cents.
I, for one, am very grateful for this opportunity Canada has presented us and have said so repeatedly in my previous posts. A little more communication is what I would like to see and the reason for that, as I wrote previously, is because we have to juggle numerous things in our lives with the outcome of this procedure. A little more clarity will help all applicants in scheduling what needs to be done in their personal lives... that is all.

Cam