13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
Hi guys, I think we don't want to overwhelm them with too many questions but rather ask a small number of key questions/areas that we really want answering, since then we'll have a greater chance of a response.

Here is a quick draft I have just done, we can probably tweak it / add to it / make it better but wanted to get something down. As I said I'd personally prefer to remain anonymous in this matter so if someone else wants to volunteer to actually send the letter please be my guest :)

Wayne.

Dear Sirs,

I am writing on behalf of a sizable number of Federal Skilled Worker Category 1 applicants who share a public forum, who have applied for Permanent Residence to Canada on or after 26th June 2010.

We are wondering if you could please consider clarifying the following questions which we have compiled regarding the immigration process under this category since the new rules were introduced?

Since these questions have been frequently asked in our forum and represent the concerns of many applicants, could we please also ask you to consider adding the questions and their answers to the Frequently Asked Questions section of your website if you think there is sufficient value and merit?

We believe this will help clarify things for many post June 26th 2010 applicants and therefore help reduce phone calls and queries to CIC.

We are very grateful to you for considering us for immigration to Canada, so please take our request for information in the spirit we intend, that we just wish to make things as clear as we can from both sides.

1) CAP limits
We understand the current process is that on receipt of an application it undergoes a completeness check. If that is successful, the funds are encashed and the application then goes through an eligibility review, prior to the applicant being informed and the application being forward to the visa office.

We note you have published some figures on the CIC web site on 19th October 2010, which have again been updated on 27th October 2010, regarding how many applications have been received as counting towards the cap for each NOC.

Where there is great confusion is this - do these figures published on the CIC website represent those applications which have only passed the completeness check, or which have also passed an eligibility review? Several parts of your website elude to the phrase "considered for processing" but it is unclear at which side of the eligibility review these applications are being counted.

2) Acknowledgement Of Receipt - timelines
We believe after the eligibility review at CIO is successfully complete, that the applicant should expect to be informed by way of an Acknowledgement Of Receipt (AOR) as their application is forwarded to the visa office for background checks and further processing.

During the past few weeks several members have phoned CIC to enquire on the status of their application. Prior to 19th October they have been told that it will take approximately 10 weeks before they will received an acknowledgement from CIC. In the past few days several members are now being told it will take 33 weeks. This is obviously a large jump and falls well outside the current estimate of 45 to 90 days to get an acknowledgement of receipt.

Can you tell please us why there is now such a long expected delay, since we under the impression that by removing the 120 day part of the process that everything should be quicker? There are still currently no timelines outlined on the CIC website in this regard, and we believe it will save a lot of unnecessary phone calls of applicants to CIC if some expected timelines can be outlined.

3) Returned applications
Several of our forum members have reported that their application has been returned prior to encashment of funds, but that they have only just learnt about this and they have never received the application back. They now have to go through the timely and costly process of re-printing their application and re-gathering all their supporting documentation in order that they can submit another application.

We understand that standard Canada post is being used to return applications, but this is evidently leading to some applications being lost, which has led to a lot of distress for a few of our forum members. May we suggest as a possible future part of the process for a returns fee to be included with the fee payment so that a courier may be used to return important documents such as the originals which are included in our applications? Such a fee would be much smaller that then cost of having to re-compile the application if original documents are lost in transit using traditional post.

There are also growing concerns amongst our forum members of identity theft/fraud if their applications with such a large quantity of personal information is lost in the post.

Any clarification you can give us regarding the above would be greatly appreciated.
Best wishes,
X

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Please people, do not keep calling CIO for general information at this time. Others cannot get through for major problems even though they say Thurs/Fri are not as busy. It looks like they are starting to provide more information on the website. The idea of drafting a letter speaking for us all is a good idea and FAR more constructive than clogging phone lines. I liked Cur-Rozen's thought about not being critical of someone's food, etc and it is good to keep in mind. Must keep the tone objective. Anyway, thank you all for being thoughtful about reasons to call CIO. It is a stressful time for all.

Cur-Rozen

Sep 28, 2010
Ontario, Vaughan (city above Toronto)
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 20,2010
AOR Received.
Jan 13, 2011
IELTS Request
attached (L7.5 R9 W6.5 S6.5, BS7.5)
File Transfer...
2AOR - 8.03.2011
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
pun123 said:
it does not mean getting AOR. Clinet ID is different then AOR
When somebody called to CIC they were confused about the term AOR and said there is Clent ID that should be presented in order to receive information on your status. I know it differs from the previous system, but I thought we agreed here that it will be same.

Anyway, even if it is not AOR, they strated to issue Client ID. It is a BIG progress.

Hope I will receiv mine too, cause it is seems that my application is really on the margin of CAP.
My file was received at Sept 20. Now probably they counted the first week of september. Aprox. every week is 120 appl. Means I am in difficult situation!!! Appl from 17 sept probably will be last accepted.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
physiocraze said:
Just now called CIO.
Got my Client ID number xxxxxxxx.
She told my file was created on 24th sep 2010, Further she told i will get an E-mail once the decision is made.
Waiting for my E-mail eagerly

cheers :-* :-* :-*
Hmm - that doesn't sound quite like an AOR. I think "decision made" means they will tell you when you pass the eligibility review, then you get an AOR (probably by email) for your application being forwarded to the visa office.

It's encouraging that you're on the system but IMO this doesn't mean they are quite at the stage of issuing AORs yet.

Wayne.

C

Cam1234

Cur-Rozen said:
About letter draft

We are not their clients! We are people, looking for another country to be our home. We are asking them to accept us, provide us social security, share their values and achievements. Please, refrain from stating they own us something. We have to be thankful for any opportunity they give us!!!

So, I propose to emphases on how they can facilitate the process for benefit of both sides!...

Please, do start the letter with gratefull word about their good willing to accept us and that we are writing this letter only because we see the process from the other side, that can be in shadow for dicision makers. And our only will is to help the process to be transparent and painless for both sides.

To all the good people, who does not agree with my position. Just imagine for one minute, a stranger is knocking your door asking for a phone ring or maybe some food. And then he is starting to argue that your phone is working bad or your food is tasting bad and asking for something better. For how long will you let this person to argue in your house?
Very well said Cur-Rosen, it is very arrogant to think we are their clients and they are here to serve us... unbelievable.

CB

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cur-Rozen said:
When somebody called to CIC they were confused about the term AOR and said there is Clent ID that should be presented in order to receive information on your status. I know it differs from the previous system, but I thought we agreed here that it will be same.

Anyway, even if it is not AOR, they strated to issue Client ID. It is a BIG progress.

Hope I will receiv mine too, cause it is seems that my application is really on the margin of CAP.
My file was received at Sept 20. Now probably they counted the first week of september. Aprox. every week is 120 appl. Means I am in difficult situation!!! Appl from 17 sept probably will be last accepted.
my suggestion enter this client ID on application status page on CIC site..U can check ur status, if shows "In Process" that means ur application is through eligibility review ...and in Q for Next process at VO

C

Cam1234

physiocraze said:
Just now called CIO.
Got my Client ID number xxxxxxxx.
She told my file was created on 24th sep 2010, Further she told i will get an E-mail once the decision is made.
Waiting for my E-mail eagerly

cheers :-* :-* :-*
Thank God!! Maybe now the rest of us can show a bit more patience, hopefully we will receive our numbers and emails shortly too!

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Hi Wayne: I am amazed how quickly you turned that draft around. You've hit the right tone and content. WELL DONE! Looks good on first read and I have some thoughts about saying "a few" with regard to the missing applications. If we can get a specific number or an approx number or percentage it would be more effective. There are some on other threads prior to 26/6 who haven't had their apps and they were sent months ago. Will go through it again when I can get time. THANK YOU for getting draft up. As we all feel vulnerable here, are you hoping someone who has already got their visa/pp back will send the letter?

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
Pippin said:
Please people, do not keep calling CIO for general information at this time. Others cannot get through for major problems even though they say Thurs/Fri are not as busy. It looks like they are starting to provide more information on the website. The idea of drafting a letter speaking for us all is a good idea and FAR more constructive than clogging phone lines. I liked Cur-Rozen's thought about not being critical of someone's food, etc and it is good to keep in mind. Must keep the tone objective. Anyway, thank you all for being thoughtful about reasons to call CIO. It is a stressful time for all.
I think the approach we're taking about dropping them a line is probably better. They can reply as and when they have time and this also means they can apply to the queries of many applicants in a single response.

They do seem to be doing some updates to their website so perhaps we should hold off until next week with our query until we see all the new info on their website?

Wayne.

physiocraze

Jul 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2010
AOR Received.
23-11-2010
Med's Request
07-10-2011
Med's Done....
31-10-2011
Passport Req..
07-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2011
LANDED..........
26-01-2012
I Checked my client ID in CIC on line, It shows the status of my 2005 application.

That page was updated on 5/ 08/2010.So i cannot expect the details of my new application b,cos my new file was created on Sep 24th 2010.

So i suggest any initial applicant who got client ID can check the status online and please share it

Regards

Cur-Rozen

Sep 28, 2010
Ontario, Vaughan (city above Toronto)
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 20,2010
AOR Received.
Jan 13, 2011
IELTS Request
attached (L7.5 R9 W6.5 S6.5, BS7.5)
File Transfer...
2AOR - 8.03.2011
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
physiocraze said:
I Checked my client ID in CIC on line, It shows the status of my 2005 application.

That page was updated on 5/ 08/2010.So i cannot expect the details of my new application b,cos my new file was created on Sep 24th 2010.

So i suggest any initial applicant who got client ID can check the status online and please share it

Regards
So, this means it is an old Clent ID and no progress on after June applicantions :( :'(

C

Cam1234

physiocraze said:

Regards
Hi physiocraze:

Is this client ID different than the one given to you in 2005? Are you certain this is a new client ID for your current application?

Thank you in advance,
Cam

physiocraze

Jul 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2010
AOR Received.
23-11-2010
Med's Request
07-10-2011
Med's Done....
31-10-2011
Passport Req..
07-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2011
LANDED..........
26-01-2012
Cur-Rozen said:
So, this means it is an old Clent ID and no progress on after June applicantions :( :'(
Hai Cur-Rozen ,

I got this client ID by submitting the details related to my new application like Date of CIO received my Application, Date of the BD encashed, my new contact address.......etc.

As per the CIO my file was created 10 days after the new BD encashment 2010.

Same thing was shared by a May 2010 applicant, his name is UMAR page no 211.

Rozen please check the may forum...

Waiting for your reply.

Cheers

physiocraze

Jul 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2010
AOR Received.
23-11-2010
Med's Request
07-10-2011
Med's Done....
31-10-2011
Passport Req..
07-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2011
LANDED..........
26-01-2012
Cam1234 said:
Hi physiocraze:

Is this client ID different than the one given to you in 2005? Are you certain this is a new client ID for your current application?

Thank you in advance,
Cam
Hai Cam

Yes, it is entirely different from my 2005 application file number.

CB

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
physiocraze said:

That page was updat showed in ed on 5/ 08/2010.So i cannot expect the details of my new application b,cos my new file was created on Sep 24th 2010.

So i suggest any initial applicant who got client ID can check the status online and please share application r
Regardsef no....ion r
it must b old application no. that system picks from dob and name...same was my case i had old ref no.... and its showed in process till last month...after which it suddenly disappeared......