1st sept 2010
IELTS Request
original send with application
File Transfer...
20th april 2011
Med's Request
10th june 2011
HELLO FRNS
MY APPLICATION WAS RECEIVED AT CIO ON 1ST SEPT ..BUT MY B.D HAS NOT BEEN CASHED NEITHER MY APPLICATION HAS BEEN REJECTED ....NEBODY HAS A CLUE WAT TO DO ...........APPLIED UNDER 3113 NEW DELHI

nursemich

Jun 17, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9/08/10:app sent 09/16/10:CC charged 12/29/10:PER rcvd 02/03/11:2nd AOR 02/08/11:Med rqt with PRPF and PC 03/10/11:Medicals rcvd by VO
Passport Req..
04/07/11
VISA ISSUED...
05/02/11
LANDED..........
05/19/11 Canadian Citizen 07/16/15
I hope that nobody would disagree whose opinion or assumption is better.. Thank you for sharing your thoughts, these ease the burden of waiting..but I sense that topics such as these causes gap or groupings among other forumers, please let us not make any argument or divide ourselves.

All we can do is to wait patiently while welcoming others believes and opinions about the CAP rules, eventually the truth will come out then refrain from being egostic, saying "see I told you, am correct" :)

migchery

Oct 21, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cam1234 said:
Oh my god, I sent four pictures, the other guide, I don't remember the number, said four... :(
easy,buddy
i just took BEIJING VISA OFFICE INSTRUCTIONS as an example.u should consult ur visa office requirement for the correct pic number.

best wishes!

C

Cam1234

migchery said:
easy,buddy
i just took BEIJING VISA OFFICE INSTRUCTIONS as an example.u should consult ur visa office requirement for the correct pic number.

best wishes!
Thank you migchery, my visa office is Buffalo and they require 4... Must admit my heart fell to the floor when I first read it :)

It is incredible how much all of us have invested into this process, not only financially but emotionally. I hope all of us here get through and make our dreams a reality.

Best,
Cam

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
nursemich said:
I hope that nobody would disagree whose opinion or assumption is better.. Thank you for sharing your thoughts, these ease the burden of waiting..but I sense that topics such as these causes gap or groupings among other forumers, please let us not make any argument or divide ourselves.

All we can do is to wait patiently while welcoming others believes and opinions about the CAP rules, eventually the truth will come out then refrain from being egostic, saying "see I told you, am correct" :)
Very well said :) I don't think anybody is trying to say their opinion is better, clearly both sets of reasoning have various merits. I just think both schools of thought are trying to prevent the other from thinking it is the only valid one ;)

I am sure once the AORs start coming and we get file numbers and all that kind of jazz, that things will be clearer.

Wayne.

danishsoomro

Star Member
Aug 25, 2010
London, United Kindom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th October, 2010
AOR Received.
7th Feb, 2010
File Transfer...
7th Feb, 2011
Med's Request
18th March, 2011
Med's Done....
30th March, 2011 PCC + RPRF reached 7th April
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10th May, 2011....Same time ECAS = Decision made....
VISA ISSUED...
Passport Submitted 2nd June, Collected 16th June, 2011 (IN PERSON at LONDON VO)
LANDED..........
September, 2011 inshAllah
Cappuccino said:
My apologies, I couldn't actually find the original quote offhand and just wanted to show which line of conversation I was replying to.

As Coffee rightly says, if CIC were more clear we would not even be discussing this point. But the reason we discuss it is to raise awareness of the ambiguity and maybe someone will find something and link it which will help clarify things. I don't find the argument byzantine at all, I find it necessary until we can get some definitive answers on this, because to my mind in "clarifying" these numbers on their website all CIC really seem to have done is to introduce further confusion to an already confusing process.

The original post was saying how this is completely "black and white", but in my opinion and many others' opinion it is anything but black and white. A rainbow of ambiguity, in fact.

Wayne.
hi there guys well i would say that we are creating something out of nothing... i would suggest everyone to empty their mind and read the CIC update again with NO pre-concieved ideas. AND YOU WILL read the following.

"completed applications received by CIC As of 19th oct". As of means Date to which the given data or piece of information applies

It means all counts towards cap and applications which cannot be counted already returned to applicants and ask them to submit again with proper documentation.

if the numbers were indicating july - august applicants then they would have mention it like " Completed applications as of Aug 31st" Its a reputable govt. body and they can write something very clear using basic english.

If it was publish date it was not written "as of".

My common sense..

it

Coffee

Jul 24, 2010
Moscow
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-08-2010
AOR Received.
1 Dec 2010
IELTS Request
taken and filed
Med's Request
29 Apr 2012
Med's Done....
15 May 2012
I just called CIO at +1.613.944.4000

it took an agent a while to verify my postal and residential addresses, phone numbers and zip codes, then she put me on hold and after a while said it would be around [size=10pt]33[/size] weeks from now before I can hear anything :'( the eligibility review was not complete and she found no record and said it was in process. she was verifying data against my file when asking questions, don't know if she used my actual paper application, scan copy or data input in the system, but she was going one detail after another until I was verified as a true applicant.

this is different to other forumers who were told eligibility was completed to end of August (mine was received 3 August 2010). 33 weeks means around 8 months... what a shave-off, just for AOR to be issued...

I was happy I was not treated like other friend who spoke with 'teacher-like' agent ('remember what I told you' attitude...)

Travel Dream

Sep 20, 2010
Coffee said:

it took an agent a while to verify my postal and residential addresses, phone numbers and zip codes, then she put me on hold and after a while said it would be around [size=10pt]33[/size] weeks from now before I can hear anything :'( the eligibility review was not complete and she found no record and said it was in process. she was verifying data against my file when asking questions, don't know if she used my actual paper application, scan copy or data input in the system, but she was going one detail after another until I was verified as a true applicant.

this is different to other forumers who were told eligibility was completed to end of August (mine was received 3 August 2010). 33 weeks means around 8 months... what a shave-off, just for AOR to be issued...

I was happy I was not treated like other friend who spoke with 'teacher-like' agent ('remember what I told you' attitude...)
I said they finished putting july and august applicants on the system so when i call to ask about my application which was received in 15th September she told me you must wait a bout 2 weeks to put your application in the system. I didn't ask about AOR or any thing else.
so i encourage any one haven't been encashed and his application haven't been returned to him ( july and august applicants only ) to call CIO to know his situation

Travel Dream

Sep 20, 2010
Coffee said:

It also means that your application is in CIO system so i think everything is ok for you. just relax and wait.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
Coffee said:
I just called CIO at +1.613.944.4000 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting +1.613.944.4000 end_of_the_skype_highlighting

Hmm anyone get the feeling that the people on the end of the phone at CIC aren't the same people who are actually reviewing the cases? For one guy to be told 10 weeks from date of encashment, then for another person to be told 33 weeks a few days later, doesn't inspire me that the customer care, as one might charitably call it, actually know what they are talking about.

If May and June applicants are now getting their AORs in a timely fashion, and please remember that even in the height of summer with staff on holiday, student visas to process etc there was at most a 5 month delay between application being received and AOR issued, it doesn't seem to make sense that the process would go UP to 8 months when their full staff compliment returned from summer and the student visas have now been issued.

Seems they are telling people totally different stories from one phone call to the next. I think the only reliable thing we will have is when someone actually gets an AOR.

Wayne.

harvin

Star Member
Oct 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct-20-2010, CC charged Oct-27-10
IELTS Request
Sent along with app 8.5
File Transfer...
RBVO - Mar-25-11
Cappuccino said:
Very well said :) I don't think anybody is trying to say their opinion is better, clearly both sets of reasoning have various merits. I just think both schools of thought are trying to prevent the other from thinking it is the only valid one ;)

I am sure once the AORs start coming and we get file numbers and all that kind of jazz, that things will be clearer.

Wayne.
We are all trying to fit theories to explain the actions, or lack thereof, of an government agency :) - the results would be known only when we get AORs.

Wayne,
One question about your theory, how does it account for 1122s getting cashed in first week of october, if august/september are yet to be processed and it must be well beyond the cap?

Given that they have stated it is all FIFO, it is really puzzling for some of the other apps are withheld without being cashed or returned!

thai

Sep 7, 2010
How did you get to speak to an agent....when i dial the call gets routed to passport office.

Coffee said:

Coffee

Jul 24, 2010
Moscow
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-08-2010
AOR Received.
1 Dec 2010
IELTS Request
taken and filed
Med's Request
29 Apr 2012
Med's Done....
15 May 2012
thai said:
How did you get to speak to an agent....when i dial the call gets routed to passport office.
I dialed number quoted in my original post on this, then followed instructions in an order: 1-2-1-2-0, waited for smth about 12 minutes and spoke to an agent.

I don't think 33 weeks is a real wait period, that appears to be too long for just an eligibility review and first AOR. naive I am, I thought I would get ;D ;D ;D visa ;D ;D ;D in 8 months!

punter

Star Member
Oct 20, 2010
Coffee said:
I dialed number quoted in my original post on this, then followed instructions in an order: 1-2-1-2-0, waited for smth about 12 minutes and spoke to an agent.

I don't think 33 weeks is a real wait period, that appears to be too long for just an eligibility review and first AOR. naive I am, I thought I would get ;D ;D ;D visa ;D ;D ;D in 8 months!
I agree. Thats like switching back to the old system of endless waiting...isn't this new system supposed to be faster???

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
I wonder if the 33 week wait has any relationship to the new computer programme they are installing??
I know the discussion has become "action packed" of late on this thread, but it has certainly kept me coming back for more and I hope we will continue to have a healthy discussion. A nugget from someone will suddenly resonate with someone else and I am sure we will have that "AHA" moment. It is very hard to continue daily in a situation that is completely out of your control and I think this forum provides a vital place for all to share ideas and let off steam. I've been amazed by the attitudes shown here and can only think that Canada is very lucky to be attracting such an intelligent, resourceful, and caring group of people! Thank you to everyone who takes their time to put forward their ideas and may all have a restful sleep tonight.