Waived
Passport Req..
03rd March 2011 PPR/RPRF sent: 13th April 2011 RPRF encashed: 29th April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
05th May 2011
LANDED..........
19th July 2011
sonir said:
Also to add up I am sure ND VO have nothing less then 1000 cases, and we are only looking at 117.
by all statistical approaches 10% is a decent sample size. Anyway, we're (on this thread) concentrating on the post 26/6 applicants.

Gut feeling - its much greater than 1000 (all applicants considered). :p

sonir

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yes
odin2404 said:
by all statistical approaches 10% is a decent sample size. Anyway, we're (on this thread) concentrating on the post 26/6 applicants.

Gut feeling - its much greater than 1000 (all applicants considered). :p
Yes, Correct 8) but all the best to those are :'(

hope they will soon be ;D :p

mahek286

Apr 10, 2010
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
App. Filed.......
18-01-2019
mari1981 said:
Hi,

What you can do is go to this link and send them a copy of your new LMO and Job letter through Case Specific Enquiry. You can explain them your situation. They usually do not answer but they take action and add these documents to your file.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/buffalo.asp

Hope it helps.

Mari

Thanks Mari but I am on a post graduate work permit which is exempt from LMO. So , you are suggesting that I send my files through the online Case Specific Enquiry even though I was told not to send any documents before I was contacted by the VO (that's what they told me when I emailed asking about the PCCs)

Shalom1

Nov 7, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
4th Nov 2011
Cappuccino said:
Has anyone ordered UK Police Clearance Certificates lately?
We ordered ours on 15th April, and even accounting for bank holidays they are still now over 10 working days and not a sign of them.
Wayne.
We ordered ours on the 19th April through a recorded delivery and they got it 21st. My wife and I got email one email each from them yesterday confirming our application but I don't know when we will get the PCC.

kolhapuri

Oct 2, 2010
Dublin
NOC Code......
Citizenship
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13 Dec 16
Shalom1 said:
We ordered ours on the 19th April through a recorded delivery and they got it 21st. My wife and I got email one email each from them yesterday confirming our application but I don't know when we will the PCC.
MEDICAL UPDATE:
CHC London just sent me an email about our medical. below is an extract from the mail
Congrats, Can you post the email extract please

mari1981

Dec 9, 2010
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2014
AOR Received.
Feb 2014
File Transfer...
April 2016

This is what I did for myself. This was the only thing I could do.
And if you go to Case Specific Enquiry page it says:

"You may use this form if:
You wish to report important changes regarding your application, such as births, deaths, marriages, divorces, adoptions, changes in address, changes in employment, acquisition of a new educational credential, results of an approved language test. "

Mari

Louise-01

May 26, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zeddm said:
I wish that you get your much awaited per by this weekend.

Regards,
Zedd
Thanx Zeddm, I hope so too!!!
But not just me, all my white lined friends as well!

Kind regards,
Louise!

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
Shalom1 said:
We ordered ours on the 19th April through a recorded delivery and they got it 21st. My wife and I got email one email each from them yesterday confirming our application but I don't know when we will get the PCC.
Did you use the premium service or the standard service?

My wife got an email confirming her application, but I never got one. Yet strangely my cheque was cashed by them a day before hers!

Wayne.

P.S. Did you take your medicals already?

IYNGR_75

Star Member
Nov 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JasonBourne said:
Amar12345, Barkat123 & IYNGR_75,

Mumbai RPO's website says that one can renew the passport a year before its expiry......I want to combine name/address change along with the renewal....

Under a normal procedure that can be done but I want to do it under tatkal scheme but I'm not sure whether that can be done before the actual expiry......See the link below - the last part - It says 'After expiry'

http://passport.gov.in/cpv/TatkalScheme.htm

RPO phone line is not helpful and I'm not able to get hold of any agent to do the inquiry......

JasonBourne
Copy that JasonBourne. Tatkal works when there is a reason like an impending visit or an expired passport, but the normal process got me the passport in less than a month since it was only a renewal where there is no additional verification required.
Name change, address change and marital status change is all inclusive of the process, so you dont need to do them separately.
RPO helpline is very helpful in not being of any help. But I renewed my passport myself when in Bangalore and it was rather easy. Not sure how Mumbai RPO works.

Let us know how it goes. There are agents I am sure who can get you the renewal done, my first passport was from Mumbai and I got it through an agent - you find a lot of them outside the RPO at Worli.

Cheers

B

Shalom1

Nov 7, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
4th Nov 2011
Cappuccino said:
Did you use the premium service or the standard service?
My wife got an email confirming her application, but I never got one. Yet strangely my cheque was cashed by them a day before hers!
Wayne.
P.S. Did you take your medicals already?
Standard service for the PCC. We used one cheque for both applications and it is not yet cashed. About medical, We are going for it on saturday. However, I just got an email from CHC London in that respect. I will post the email now.

IYNGR_75

Star Member
Nov 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
indira_prab said:
Friends :)

I have a backlog of 40+ pages currently, but i cant wait to share my excitement ;) We just sent our passports, RPRF, PCCs to NDVO. They will receive it tomorrow morning.

Fedex refused to take passports in the package, and i told them they just contain original important certificates :p

Hope they reach safely ???

Thanks,

Indira Prabhakaran.
A W E S O M E!! The wait begins, which I hope is not very long.

All the best!

B

Shalom1

Nov 7, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
4th Nov 2011
Hi friends,
Below is an email I just received from CHC London about our medical and my wife's pregnancy in relation to her Xray.

Dear Mr. XXXX,

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada.
We have received your fax sent in April and have noted that your Spouse is pregnant and due to give birth in June 2011. We would recommend that she wait to complete her medical examination until after she has given birth. She can then undergo her medical exam with the baby. If you have not already done so, it is also recommended that all other family members wait to undergo their medical exams together with your Spouse and new baby. This is in order to keep the same expiry date for all the medical exams and therefore the same visa expiry date.

A letter will be sent to you indicating the documents that you must submit in order to add your new child to your application. Once we have received the documents, a medical form will be issued for your baby and the whole family can undergo medical exams together.

We have also noted your concern that your son's name was spelt incorrectly on his medical form. Please note that your son's full name XXXXX XXXX XXXX is correct in our system. The full name does not appear on the medical form as the number of characters which can be printed is limited to 15. Your son may use this medical form when he proceeds with his examination.

We look forward to receiving the documents for your new baby by August 2011.
Yours sincerely,

Immigration Section/Service d'immigration.

My concern is that we may not be able to obtain a passport for the baby by August. Nigerian High Commission in London is taking months to process passport applications right now.

odin2404

Jan 27, 2011
Burlington
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2010
Doc's Request.
sent with application
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
27-01-2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
23rd Feb 2011
Med's Request
03rd March 2011
Med's Done....
30th March 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03rd March 2011 PPR/RPRF sent: 13th April 2011 RPRF encashed: 29th April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
05th May 2011
LANDED..........
19th July 2011
Shalom1 said:
Hi friends,
Below is an email I just received from CHC London about our medical and my wife's pregnancy in relation to her Xray.

Dear Mr. XXXX,

We have received your fax sent in April and have noted that your Spouse is pregnant and due to give birth in June 2011. We would recommend that she wait to complete her medical examination until after she has given birth. She can then undergo her medical exam with the baby. If you have not already done so, it is also recommended that all other family members wait to undergo their medical exams together with your Spouse and new baby. This is in order to keep the same expiry date for all the medical exams and therefore the same visa expiry date.

A letter will be sent to you indicating the documents that you must submit in order to add your new child to your application. Once we have received the documents, a medical form will be issued for your baby and the whole family can undergo medical exams together.

We have also noted your concern that your son's name was spelt incorrectly on his medical form. Please note that your son's full name XXXXX XXXX XXXX is correct in our system. The full name does not appear on the medical form as the number of characters which can be printed is limited to 15. Your son may use this medical form when he proceeds with his examination.

Yours sincerely,

My concern is that we may not be able to obtain a passport for the baby by August. Nigerian High Commission in London is taking months to process passport applications right now.
Silver lining, at least its not a generic mail, they've actually read your fax and responded appropriately.

Isn't there a min age before which no passport is required?

And good luck with the pregnancy and my best wishes to your family!

JasonBourne

Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
PER dated Feb 16, 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
File Transfer...
March 14, 2011 (In Process on Aug. 31, 2011)
Med's Request
Sept. 1, 2011
Med's Done....
Sept. 30, 2011 (Meds sent by the DMP on Oct. 7, 2011)
Interview........
Done on Aug 25, 2011
Passport Req..
Sept. 1, 2011 (Sent on Oct. 11th, 2011)
VISA ISSUED...
Issued on Dec. 12th, 2011
LANDED..........
Landed on Aug. 16th, 2012
Urgency/Emergency is not a concern now as here's what they say on their website - "All applicants seeking a passport out of turn under the TATKAAL Scheme are advised to submit their application, documentation........... No proof of urgency is required for Out-of-Turn issue of passport"

I don't want to go for a normal route as it may take longer for them for verification due to name change, address change and marital status change etc......I know of one member on this forum who had to wait for 60 days to get the renewed passport and his case was similar to mine.

I'm gathering documents right now, so let's see how it goes.

Thanks for your comments.

JasonBourne

IYNGR_75 said:
Copy that JasonBourne. Tatkal works when there is a reason like an impending visit or an expired passport, but the normal process got me the passport in less than a month since it was only a renewal where there is no additional verification required.
Name change, address change and marital status change is all inclusive of the process, so you dont need to do them separately.
RPO helpline is very helpful in not being of any help. But I renewed my passport myself when in Bangalore and it was rather easy. Not sure how Mumbai RPO works.

Let us know how it goes. There are agents I am sure who can get you the renewal done, my first passport was from Mumbai and I got it through an agent - you find a lot of them outside the RPO at Worli.

Cheers

B

Advance123

Oct 30, 2010
Canada
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
31.12.2012. Citizen: 2017-09-08
Shalom1 said:
Hi friends,

Dear Mr. XXXX,

Yours sincerely,

I know this is no consolation but you should target arriving in Canada early 2012.

The alternative is to travel to Nigeria for the passport, which is faster, once the child is born.