1 Dec 2010
IELTS Request
taken and filed
Med's Request
29 Apr 2012
Med's Done....
15 May 2012
Cappuccino said:
Someone from another forum pointed out that they think the AOR is sent by the visa office, not by CIC. At first I didn't think this was right, but it might explain why May/June applications are noticing significant differences in AOR times from encashment. Offices such as London and Buffalo seem to take longer.

So perhaps we won't get any AORs until the visa offices actually receive the files?

Wayne.
people receive AORs from one e-mail address, so I assume it is CIO that sends AORs, not visa offices. staff at CIO would sort applications per visa office, as it appears (this may explain difference in timing by certain visa offices). what's use of sending applications to CIO? this would leave them conducting mere completeness check and encashment then?

also, to develop a concept of visa offices sending AORs, how can mailing be done by visa offices technically (IT wise) if AORs are sent from one address?

Dr.Alex

Star Member
Aug 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2010
AOR Received.
24-11-2010 & 2nd AOR 21-02-2011
Cappuccino said:
Someone from another forum pointed out that they think the AOR is sent by the visa office, not by CIC. At first I didn't think this was right, but it might explain why May/June applications are noticing significant differences in AOR times from encashment. Offices such as London and Buffalo seem to take longer.

So perhaps we won't get any AORs until the visa offices actually receive the files?

Wayne.
I don't think so Wayne....e-mails come from CIO centeral office e-mail account fsw-centralized_intake-office@cic.gc.ca & signed by them ...I think the difference in time lines is by CIO and it depends on the applications load for each VO.

GPS

Oct 19, 2010
Oh Man!! Sometimes I feel the only information I need is No Information.... I am confused and now a little scared.... :-X

Travel Dream

Sep 20, 2010
canady said:
May be they mean the second AOR that is sent by the visa office for pre June applicants!!!!
I mean some applicants in spreadsheet applied after 26-6 and their applications was recived by CIC in July and August and CIC didn't enchashed them and also they didn't send the applications back to the applicants.( what is the situation of those people)

westwards

Sep 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was bit relieved with my BD encashed.. but this "complete application status" caused a MENTAL MAYHEM screwing up all of my brain cells..
So I did some digging ..

I am sharing some text from the CIC operational manual FSW- Updated August 2010

Procedure: Applications received at the CIO on or after June 26, 2010

7.1. Receiving the application at the CIO
Applicants are required to submit their complete application, including required supporting
documents, to the CIO. This includes all documents listed both on the CIO and visa-officespecific
document checklists. As of June 26, 2010, a valid official language test result from a
designated language testing agency must be submitted as part of the application.
Applications received at the CIO will first be reviewed for completeness pursuant to R10, including
the following required forms, fees, information and documents: IMM0008 etc..

7.2. Assessing applications against the Ministerial Instructions effective June 26, 2010
The CIO will assess the applicant’s submission as-is and make a final determination of eligibility
under the MI. To be eligible for processing, the applicant must meet all the criteria described in the
MI. If the application is eligible for processing, the applicant will be informed. Once processing has
begun, the cost recovery fee is no longer refundable.

Now out of all the post 26/6 applicants (esp. July & august lot).. I believe NONE (atleast on our forum) have received any correspondence
from CIO regarding Eligibility for processing. So what are these 2226 complete applications..?

7.3. Applications that meet the criteria of the Ministerial Instructions effective June 26, 2010
If the application is determined to meet the criteria of the MI and to be eligible for processing, the
CIO will proceed to processing the application against the FSW minimal requirements and the
cost recovery fee is no longer refundable.
If the application is determined not to meet the criteria of the MI and is not eligible for processing,
the CIO will make a final negative determination of eligibility for processing, inform the applicant
and initiate a refund.

Cheers !!

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
Travel Dream said:
I mean some applicants in spreadsheet applied after 26-6 and their applications was recived by CIC in July and August and CIC didn't enchashed them and also they didn't send the applications back to the applicants.( what is the situation of those people)
Are you sure they aren't encashed or
a) The bank cannot tell them if it's cashed or not or
b) They haven't informed us that it's encashed.

Are there any July or August applicants out there who can definitely confirm that their CC/BD isn't cashed and they haven't yet received a rejection?

Wayne,.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Yes Wayne...I can say that up to several weeks ago, the bank confirmed the BD had not been encashed. The app was recv'd by CIO on 26 July and it has not been returned. Noolan has a similar story with CC and app recv'd 19 July.

Travel Dream

Sep 20, 2010
Pippin said:
Yes Wayne...I can say that up to several weeks ago, the bank confirmed the BD had not been encashed. The app was recv'd by CIO on 26 July and it has not been returned. Noolan has a similar story with CC and app recv'd 19 July.
you can call cic . I called them 5 hours ago but they told me if your application was received in July or august we can told u about the situation of your application but because my application was received in 15th September i must wait about 2 weeks until they put the september applications on the system.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
Pippin said:
Hmm, then this is very strange. Some applications are being cashed within a few days of being received.

Clearly they are not rejecting your application else you would have had your application back within a few weeks, as others have. Perhaps they are stockpiling applications which they think may be borderline? But even that doesn't make sense, since it clearly states that applications will be considered in the order they arrive.

Sorry I really don't know for sure :( Are you able to contact CIC to confirm whether or not your application was definitely received?

I hope your application is cashed soon. It is so annoying, even when CIC tries to clarify things all they seem to achieve is to introduce further confusion into this process!

Wayne.

Travel Dream

Sep 20, 2010
Pippin said:
Thanks for advice TravelDream and Cappuccino. I will suggest CIO followup and see what they say. Cheers!
Can you told me the name of person who received your application? and Noolan too if you know?