Interview........
3rd Line Update-30-06-2015
Passport Req..
10-12-2015;PP Arrived CIC-15-12-2015; return tracker activated: 31/12/2015
VISA ISSUED...
RCVD PP-05/01/16 (8:30 pm NL time) Visa Issu 17/12/2015
LANDED..........
Jan. 15. 2016 (local CIC office); PR Card recvd- about 16/02/2016
So you mean 'which I co-author' is not enough to let them I assist the professor?

ojohn22

Star Member
Apr 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Police cert-20-05-2015
Nomination.....
18-02-2015
File Transfer...
04-03-2015
Med's Request
20-05-2015
Med's Done....
26-05-2015(uploaded on 24-06)
Interview........
3rd Line Update-30-06-2015
Passport Req..
10-12-2015;PP Arrived CIC-15-12-2015; return tracker activated: 31/12/2015
VISA ISSUED...
RCVD PP-05/01/16 (8:30 pm NL time) Visa Issu 17/12/2015
LANDED..........
Jan. 15. 2016 (local CIC office); PR Card recvd- about 16/02/2016
These are the tools I believe they are suppose to call on for assessment:

Operational Manual

Furthermore, an applicant’s work experience should reflect the actions described in the lead statement
for the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the NOC, including the performance of
a substantial number of the main duties and all of the essential duties described.The CIO will review
the documents related to work experience. They should include sufficient detail to support the claim of
at least one year of continuous work experience or equivalent paid work experience in one or more of
the occupations in the last 10 years.

NOC website
Research assistants perform some or all of the following duties:
• Conduct literature reviews, surveys, laboratory experiments and other research for use in scholarly publications
• Compile research results and assist professors in the analysis of results and the preparation of journal articles or papers.
Post-secondary teaching assistants perform some or all of the following duties:
• Organize reference materials, visual aids and other materials as required by university professors or college teachers for lectures
• Conduct seminars, discussion groups and laboratory sessions to supplement lectures
• Assist in the preparation and administration of examinations
• Grade examinations, term papers and laboratory reports.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
ojohn22 said:
These are the tools I believe they are suppose to call on for assessment:

Operational Manual

Furthermore, an applicant's work experience should reflect the actions described in the lead statement
for the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the NOC, including the performance of
a substantial number of the main duties and all of the essential duties described.The CIO will review
the documents related to work experience. They should include sufficient detail to support the claim of
at least one year of continuous work experience or equivalent paid work experience in one or more of
the occupations in the last 10 years.

NOC website
Research assistants perform some or all of the following duties:
• Conduct literature reviews, surveys, laboratory experiments and other research for use in scholarly publications
• Compile research results and assist professors in the analysis of results and the preparation of journal articles or papers.
Post-secondary teaching assistants perform some or all of the following duties:
• Organize reference materials, visual aids and other materials as required by university professors or college teachers for lectures
• Conduct seminars, discussion groups and laboratory sessions to supplement lectures
• Assist in the preparation and administration of examinations
• Grade examinations, term papers and laboratory reports.
Yes, that is right.

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I received the proof of fund request from Ottawa today:

Dear xxxx xxxx:

We have reviewed your application with regard to your IELTS test results and it appears that a computer error caused the miscalculation. We have adjusted the points awarded to your application accordingly and your application does meet the requirement for 67 points. As a result, your application has been re-opened and will continue in process.

We now require evidence that you have minimum funds as required under the Federal Skilled Worker Class. Please provide evidence of funds which are completely available, transferrable and unencumbered by debt or other obligations. Evidence of account activity for the past six months must also be submitted.

The email is from FA01772.

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
aidina said:
Your TA would be declined as it is not continuos. Your letter misses the "lead statement", and it will be rejected most probably. I suggest you to provide them with an updated one as soon as you get your PER. In your updated letter keep the same RA duties, but if I were you, I would list them using bullet points to be easier to read. It is safer if you cut some of the technical information you provided about your project. It is just going to make your letter longer, and it is not interesting for the officer. Remember, they just spend a few minutes on your letter, and that information might just distract officer's attention. Try to express the lead statement, RA duties, hours spent, and employment duration as clean as possible, and easy to find and easy to read. Other information will not gain you anything.
As far as I know, within the last ten years, only one year of your work experience (1,950 hours, or 1,560 hours if you applied under the new rules) needs to be continuous. Any work experience on the top of that would still be counted towards accumulating work experience for point calculation. Say you do 13 months of full-time work experience within the last 10 years, then another two 6-month chunks. They will still credit you with two years of work experience, provided, of course, your job descriptions are accepted.

beh467 said:

Dear xxxx xxxx:

We have reviewed your application with regard to your IELTS test results and it appears that a computer error caused the miscalculation. We have adjusted the points awarded to your application accordingly and your application does meet the requirement for 67 points. As a result, your application has been re-opened and will continue in process.

We now require evidence that you have minimum funds as required under the Federal Skilled Worker Class. Please provide evidence of funds which are completely available, transferrable and unencumbered by debt or other obligations. Evidence of account activity for the past six months must also be submitted.

Congratulations :) Now we know updated IELTS would also be accepted, as long as you send it before date of assessment.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
beh467 said:

Dear xxxx xxxx:

They did not ask you for CV and PCC. Had you already submitted them?

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aidina said:
They did not ask you for CV and PCC. Had you already submitted them?
No, not yet.
I had submitted a police certificate with my application but not a CV.
Maybe they will ask for it after I send the proof of fund to them.

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
asbereth said:
Congratulations :) Now we know updated IELTS would also be accepted, as long as you send it before date of assessment.
Thanks :). Yes, now we know that they accept the updated IELTS score.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
beh467 said:
No, not yet.
I had submitted a police certificate with my application but not a CV.
Maybe they will ask for it after I send the proof of fund to them.
They usually ask all together from Iranians.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
beh467 said:

Dear xxxx xxxx:

Congrats! So happy to hear that, your appeal went so quick, I believe because the MP assistant contacted them.
Good Luck!

Updated:
I believe that you updated your reference letter before, didn't you?

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aidina said:
They usually ask all together from Iranians.
You are right. They usually ask it together from Iranians.
Maybe, the officer has forgotten that I am Iranian :)

JVJ

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-Feb-2012
Doc's Request.
8-Mar-2013 - Employment Letter ; 4-Apr-2013 - POF & RCMP
AOR Received.
21-Mar-2012
Med's Request
10-May-2013
Med's Done....
23-May-2013; 27-May-2013 - Medicals emailed (by doctor) to CIC
Passport Req..
4-June-2013; Passport sent on 5-June-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-June-2013; .....Passports rcvd on 21-June-2013
LANDED..........
30-June-2013
That is a great news Beh467....Congratulationsss!!!!

beh467 said:

Dear xxxx xxxx:

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
N_O said:
Congrats! So happy to hear that, your appeal went so quick, I believe because the MP assistant contacted them.
Good Luck!

Updated:
I believe that you updated your reference letter before, didn't you?
Thanks N_O :)

I agree. I think it was fast because MP assistant contacted them.

Yes, I updated my letter after I received my GCMS notes. There was a note in my application put by SL01732 that had analyzed my application and had not accepted my RA reference letter because it missed the lead statement.
Then, I updated my RA reference letter which it has been accepted when assessed by FA01772.

The conclusion from my case:

1- They accept the update of IELTS score if it is sent before the final decision.
2- They accepted the update of reference letter which was sent before the final assessment.
3- They gave me extra points for the work experience between application and assessment ( I had 2 years of RA when submitted the application. My updated letter was 3 year. The officer accepted the letter and gave me 19 points for 3 years of work experience)

kg.jadu said:
Holy moly! Congratulations! That is such a positive news!

JVJ said:
That is a great news Beh467....Congratulationsss!!!!