Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-01-3014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
kaziahmmed said:
Hi--- Did you notice from which office you have given this points? From my GCMS note I found I got 73 points and I have a strong feeling I got these points from sydney office not from CPPO since in the assessment section it shows nothing has started only Criminality is in process, RCMP has submitted
Yes mine is Sydney too, thats why fingers crossed.

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
Hi Guys,

Sorry been away for too long. Apart from Aidina, does anyone else know others who successfully reappeals/ reassess their application?

TRT_Flynn

Star Member
Jun 7, 2012
hi guys, need help! After 70+days waiting after ME, I got an email requesting original police clearance certificate from my home country. Re "original", does this mean I have to mail them an original hard copy rather than scan copy by email?

It requires that the document "must be accompanied by English or French translations". There is also wording of "When original documents are requested, notarised documents are not acceptable". I am confused that since my home country doesn't offer english version of police clearance certificate and we have to transelate it to english by notarizing. What I should do.....

Thanks for your help.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
TRT_Flynn said:
hi guys, need help! After 70+days waiting after ME, I got an email requesting original police clearance certificate from my home country. Re "original", does this mean I have to mail them an original hard copy rather than scan copy by email?

It requires that the document "must be accompanied by English or French translations". There is also wording of "When original documents are requested, notarised documents are not acceptable". I am confused that since my home country doesn't offer english version of police clearance certificate and we have to transelate it to english by notarizing. What I should do.....

Thanks for your help.
It is clear. They want the official translation of your PCC accompanied by its original not its copy. And, they must be mailed to them not e-mailed.

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chakri264 said:
Thanks for the explanation beh467. I have sent them as you said. The review committee will send me any forms before the eligibility letter? Do I send it back to them? Thanks
They may request you to fill this form http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5475e.pdf and send it to them. So, they can check your status with CIC

TRT_Flynn

Star Member
Jun 7, 2012
aidina said:
It is clear. They want the official translation of your PCC accompanied by its original not its copy. And, they must be mailed to them not e-mailed.
Thanks aidina. I am thinking could I translate it by myself rather than notarizing it?

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
TRT_Flynn said:

Thanks for your help.
Hi there,

You should provide them with the original and a notarized translation.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)

ojohn22

Star Member
Apr 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Police cert-20-05-2015
Nomination.....
18-02-2015
File Transfer...
04-03-2015
Med's Request
20-05-2015
Med's Done....
26-05-2015(uploaded on 24-06)
Interview........
3rd Line Update-30-06-2015
Passport Req..
10-12-2015;PP Arrived CIC-15-12-2015; return tracker activated: 31/12/2015
VISA ISSUED...
RCVD PP-05/01/16 (8:30 pm NL time) Visa Issu 17/12/2015
LANDED..........
Jan. 15. 2016 (local CIC office); PR Card recvd- about 16/02/2016
Dear Officer,
--------------REFERENCE LETTER
I hereby confirm that the above ---- is a doctoral (PhD) degree candidate under my supervision. As a PhD candidate, he is a graduate research assistant who undertakes projects that currently leads to publications in scientific journals which I co-author.
(e.g: .........abstracts324.html).
To achieve this objective, he carries out various laboratory experiments on rock samples. These include petrographic examination of the rock samples under modern microscopes and many geochemical analyses. Based on his literature review and scientific reasoning, the results obtained are then interpreted and written in the form of manuscript draft for subsequent presentation to a scientific journal. He usually performs these tasks from Monday to Friday, spending about 38 hours per week since he started in May 2010.
In addition to these, he was a teaching assistant, during the last Fall (September to December, 2011) and Winter (January to April, 2012) semester spending 56hours in each. His tasks involved grading of students’ assignments and term papers and also organization of reference and laboratory materials.
He is remunerated for the above tasks accordingly, as already stated in the attached letter from the graduate studies and human resources department of Memorial University of Newfoundland.
Feel free to contact me for further enquiries if needed.
Thank you.

Yours truly’

The above is my RA/TA letter endorsed by my supervisor on my behalf.
Can anyone comment on its validity for the purpose of the perm res application?
I will post my time-line as soon as I get the PER. As for now, my CC has been charged but I'm yet to receive the PER mail.

TRT_Flynn

Star Member
Jun 7, 2012
N_O said:
Hi there,

You should provide them with the original and a notarized translation.
Thanks, N_O. I have family member visit us next week from my home country. Hopefully, we can arrange this by that time so that she can bring the copies directly to me.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
ojohn22 said:
Dear Officer,
I hereby confirm that the above ---- is a doctoral (PhD) degree candidate under my supervision. As a PhD candidate, he is a graduate research assistant who undertakes projects that currently leads to publications in scientific journals which I co-author.
To achieve this objective, he carries out various laboratory experiments on rock samples. These include petrographic examination of the rock samples under modern microscopes and many geochemical analyses. Based on his literature review and scientific reasoning, the results obtained are then interpreted and written in the form of manuscript draft for subsequent presentation to a scientific journal. He usually performs these tasks from Monday to Friday, spending about 38 hours per week since he started in May 2010.
In addition to these, he was a teaching assistant, during the last Fall (September to December, 2011) and Winter (January to April, 2012) semester spending 56hours in each. His tasks involved grading of students' assignments and term papers and also organization of reference and laboratory materials.
He is remunerated for the above tasks accordingly, as already stated in the attached letter from the graduate studies and human resources department of Memorial University of Newfoundland.
Thank you.

Yours truly'

I will post my time-line as soon as I get the PER. As for now, my CC has been charged but I'm yet to receive the PER mail.
Your TA would be declined as it is not continuos. Your letter misses the "lead statement", and it will be rejected most probably. I suggest you to provide them with an updated one as soon as you get your PER. In your updated letter keep the same RA duties, but if I were you, I would list them using bullet points to be easier to read. It is safer if you cut some of the technical information you provided about your project. It is just going to make your letter longer, and it is not interesting for the officer. Remember, they just spend a few minutes on your letter, and that information might just distract officer's attention. Try to express the lead statement, RA duties, hours spent, and employment duration as clean as possible, and easy to find and easy to read. Other information will not gain you anything.

chakri264

Feb 28, 2013
London, Ontario
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
ojohn22 said:
Dear Officer,
In addition to these, he was a teaching assistant, during the last Fall (September to December, 2011) and Winter (January to April, 2012) semester spending 56hours in each. His tasks involved grading of students' assignments and term papers and also organization of reference and laboratory materials.
Thank you.

Yours truly'

It appears that the lead statement "assisting professors" is missing in your letter. The VO might reject your letter based on this reason. Hence it is highly recommended to update the letter with the wording "assisting professors" in it.