26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
hooman2012 said:
I really do not recommend to submit your RA contract because there is NO hours on it. Then they have another thing to reject you.
While you're gathering documents for re-application, if you really think you have a very strong case, try to devise an explanation letter for appeal (slim chances, so don't get your hopes up, and still prepare for re-application all the same).

Especially if you sent them the T4s and T4As, tell them that you have been 'assisting' your supervisors on his research activities since you started your PhD. If possible, have your supervisor swear under the penalty of perjury that you have been 'assisting' them all this time. I really don't know what it is they're really looking for.

TyrusX said:
I didn't use the t4, but I got two Brazilian Tax forms and translated it for two of my last working years there.
For Canadian work experience, the checklist has mentioned the following

If you and/or your accompanying spouse or common-law partner have engaged in full-time work in Canada, with appropriate authorization, for a period of at least one year in the past 10 years, provide:
• letter(s) of reference (as per requirements stated above) from your past Canadian employer(s),
• a copy of any T4s if available,
• a copy of the employment authorization.
So it does look like that they are expecting some sort of a tax document if available, which could be either T4 or T4A. But I don't see how T4 or T4A can provide evidence that you have assisted your supervisor(s), since it contains no information whatsoever on how you conducted your tasks. Your supervisor should be the one to attest to this, not the CRA.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
asbereth said:
So it does look like that they are expecting some sort of a tax document if available, which could be either T4 or T4A. But I don't see how T4 or T4A can provide evidence that you have assisted your supervisor(s), since it contains no information whatsoever on how you conducted your tasks. Your supervisor should be the one to attest to this, not the CRA.
It's further evidence of employment :)

hooman2012

Nov 12, 2012
asbereth said:
While you're gathering documents for re-application, if you really think you have a very strong case, try to devise an explanation letter for appeal (slim chances, so don't get your hopes up, and still prepare for re-application all the same).

Especially if you sent them the T4s and T4As, tell them that you have been 'assisting' your supervisors on his research activities since you started your PhD. If possible, have your supervisor swear under the penalty of perjury that you have been 'assisting' them all this time. I really don't know what it is they're really looking for.

My supervisor in the letter simply mentioned that I am helping him. They can not just ignore this. This means that my supervisor is lying .

hooman2012

Nov 12, 2012
TyrusX said:
It's further evidence of employment :)
I really do not think that this is the case. Because they would mention you did not provide T4, then we do not accept this as work experience.
They clearly mentioned something about NOC responsibilities. How could you come with that they want my T4?!!!!!

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
they clearly stated you didn't provide evidence that you held that job. At least that is what you pasted in a previous post.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
TyrusX said:
they clearly stated you didn't provide evidence that you held that job. At least that is what you pasted in a previous post.
I really think the rejection email hooman2012 received is one of the best and most descriptive e-mails so far. It has cleared what they are really looking for: 1. All the elements of NOC code must have been met during the employment period, and 2. evidence.

hooman2012, as you said one of your friends with the same kind of reference letter was rejected before you, right? It clearly shows that they are not treating our applications just by chance, and they are exactly following a procedure established by the Ministry in their work.

Anyway, my IELTS is on its way to me, and I will re-apply this Monday for the 2nd time, wish me the best guys.

Brit_Immigrant

Star Member
May 16, 2012
hooman2012 said:
I really do not think that this is the case. Because they would mention you did not provide T4, then we do not accept this as work experience.
They clearly mentioned something about NOC responsibilities. How could you come with that they want my T4?!!!!!
Tyrus is right. You should absolutely send your t4's and t4A's. I was told by an adviser from CIC that this is essential to confirm you have been working and paying taxes where applicable.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
asbereth said:

They didn't say it is a must have to include them!
If it is a further evidence of employment as TyrusX said, why do not they contact the employer which is a recognized university in Canada? What is the point of submitting a reference letter if they won't believe a document issued from Canada! If this is the case, we Shouldn't expect them to believe the reference letter from back home, but they do believe and accept them, even without a taxation slip! So I think it is unnecessary at all to send them along with the application! Anyway, should you wish to send them, it is your choice.

Brit_Immigrant

Star Member
May 16, 2012
N_O said:
They didn't say it is a must have to include them!
If it is a further evidence of employment as TyrusX said, why do not they contact the employer which is a recognized university in Canada? What is the point of submitting a reference letter if they won't believe a document issued from Canada! If this is the case, we Shouldn't expect them to believe the reference letter from back home, but they do believe and accept them, even without a taxation slip! So I think it is unnecessary at all to send them along with the application! Anyway, should you wish to send them, it is your choice.
That is a fair point, but if you have them, why would you leave them out unless you are lying about the hours you have worked? If you are an RA/TA in a Canadian university you will definitely have these. Just put them in the application. The more evidence the better, everyone here is going around in circles with this argument. Just provide any proof you have and cross your fingers (it is still a lottery)!!!

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
Hi GeoCanadian,
Can you please tell me if you submitted your tax papers along with your application. I submitted only my work experience letter (non RA),
but not the tax returns. I am quite nervous now.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
hooman2012 said:
Please share your first reference letter. We have to see what didn't include, so they said you have no evidence that you did that job!

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
Brit_Immigrant said:
That is a fair point, but if you have them, why would you leave them out unless you are lying about the hours you have worked? If you are an RA/TA in a Canadian university you will definitely have these. Just put them in the application. The more evidence the better, everyone here is going around in circles with this argument. Just provide any proof you have and cross your fingers (it is still a lottery)!!!
I have them, but didn't understand that they are a must have! Anyway, I have included the reference letter from back home, hopefully they'll work out!

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
N_O said:
Please share your first reference letter. We have to see what didn't include, so they said you have no evidence that you did that job!
If applicable, they said to include T4 (I'm assuming it goes for T4A as well). Your T4 still doesn't have the number of hours, so we are still responsible in providing these numbers in the letters of reference (or from HR if your RA/TA is taxable).

aidina said:
hooman2012, as you said one of your friends with the same kind of reference letter was rejected before you, right? It clearly shows that they are not treating our applications just by chance, and they are exactly following a procedure established by the Ministry in their work.
This is probably a good point. Two of my friends used the same letter template as I did for their CEC applications last year (albeit they included their T4 and T4A forms as well), and they already landed. It does look like that they're treating similar kind of reference letters similarly.

Brit_Immigrant

Star Member
May 16, 2012
N_O said:
I have them, but didn't understand that they are a must have! Anyway, I have included the reference letter from back home, hopefully they'll work out!
I guess they are not a must have, however any supporting evidence that you can provide will help. The adviser just said if you have anything like T4's, contracts etc. put them in the application. My department didn't have contracts so I didn't include them, I just added my tax slips. I don't think my letter is detailed enough either, I will just wait and see. My professor did add at the bottom of the letter "I assume this information is enough to support his application, please contact me on ***** should you need any further information or details" so we will see if that helps!

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
Brit_Immigrant said:
I guess they are not a must have, however any supporting evidence that you can provide will help. The adviser just said if you have anything like T4's, contracts etc. put them in the application. My department didn't have contracts so I didn't include them, I just added my tax slips. I don't think my letter is detailed enough either, I will just wait and see. My professor did add at the bottom of the letter "I assume this information is enough to support his application, please contact me on ***** should you need any further information or details" so we will see if that helps!
Wish you and all the best!