sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
indusvision said:
User Feb2004
« Reply #3685 on: December 05, 2012, 10:57:47 am »

Last line (letter from CIO after his application under FSW PhD Stream was returned:

"The cap reopened on November 1st 2012. A maximum of 1000 complete new FSW applications from international students pursuing PhD studies or currently who obtained a Phd at a Canadian institution will be considered for processing this year. Cap years will begin on November 1st and end on October 31st, unless otherwise indicated in a future Ministerial Instruction".
So? I said we don't have anyone here that applied after November and received Positive Eligibility yet to confirm that.

beni

Dec 8, 2009
indusvision said:
User Feb2004
« Reply #3685 on: December 05, 2012, 10:57:47 am »

Last line (letter from CIO after his application under FSW PhD Stream was returned:

"The cap reopened on November 1st 2012. A maximum of 1000 complete new FSW applications from international students pursuing PhD studies or currently who obtained a Phd at a Canadian institution will be considered for processing this year. Cap years will begin on November 1st and end on October 31st, unless otherwise indicated in a future Ministerial Instruction".

Thanks for the reply. Also, is there anyone here who applied under the phd stream from Quebec? I'm a phd candidate at McGill in Montreal, and have no intention of staying here after my studies whatsoever. So, i'm curious to know if anyone from Quebec has directly applied for the FSWP (without obtaining CSQ).

Thank you.

indusvision

Sep 8, 2008
Thats right TyrusX. Do you think its worth preparing and submitting an application for PhD Stream in January 2013 (after completion of two years in PhD)?

This cap info about PhD Stream is so confusing !!! We have been trying to figure it out. Contacted CIC Call center, but they also do not have any updated news yet.

TyrusX said:
So? I said we don't have anyone here that applied after November and received Positive Eligibility yet to confirm that.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
beni said:
Thanks for the reply. Also, is there anyone here who applied under the phd stream from Quebec? I'm a phd candidate at McGill in Montreal, and have no intention of staying here after my studies whatsoever. So, i'm curious to know if anyone from Quebec has directly applied for the FSWP (without obtaining CSQ).

Thank you.
There are a few. Please go back a few pages, you can see their discussion. Stuck in Quebec is the name of one user.

Sure, I would apply as soon as possible if I was just passing the 2 year mark now. Unfortunately we all can see that we have not been receiving a lot of priority right now. Maybe next year will be better. A few people from the Forgotten Buffalo got their request for passport today.

maytheflower

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
beni said:

Thank you.
I am also from Quebec. :D

maytheflower

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TyrusX said:
A few people from the Forgotten Buffalo got their request for passport today.
That's good progress. Great!!!

You mean Phd Stream applicants from Buffola, right?

shghamidi

Dec 10, 2012
Montreal
Hi guys,

I am a PhD student at McGill university for about 2.5 years and I have gotten rejected from CSQ. I was wondering if anybody knows if I can apply to FSW through PhD stream. Because CIC website says that this stream is not for those who are going to settle in Quebec. Actually I don't intend to settle in Quebec but the problem is that I am now living in Montreal and won't be graduated until 2 or more years. This might be an issue while landing (hopefully if nothing else happens for the application). Any idea or comment?

thanks

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
maytheflower said:
That's good progress. Great!!!

You mean Phd Stream applicants from Buffola, right?
Nops. I mean normal applicants from other streams that are stuck in the backlog since 2010/2011.

New13

Dec 7, 2012
indusvision said:
I didn't see where they need certified copies. I think they just need normal photocopies and that is clear from fsw checklist. I don't see anywhere they ever asked for certified photocopies.

Actually this certified copies idea is not useful at all. Notary people never look at copies properly, they just put their stamp and collect money and forget about it.
Thanks, indusvision. I also got similar thought from the checklist instruction but people who have applied before are telling a different tale (certified, notarized, sealed copies, etc.). A very quick question regarding the bank statement. Can I show fund in foreign bank account? If so, do I need to get the statement directly from the bank or I can just print online statement?

New13

Dec 7, 2012
Can anyone comment on the new requirement of education credential assessment in FSWP going to be started from January 2nd 2013? Will that also be the requirement for PhD stream? What I heard from people that education credential assessment can take a while (more than a month) and also cost money.

Will be stuck with my application if I've to do that :mad:

indusvision

Sep 8, 2008
You rejected CSQ can be a proof that you no longer want to settle in Quebec. You can write an explanatory letter that after completing your PhD you will leave Quebec.

By the way: in my opinion, it is much easier to get CSQ rather than other streams. Why was your CSQ got rejected?

shghamidi said:
Hi guys,

I am a PhD student at McGill university for about 2.5 years and I have gotten rejected from CSQ. I was wondering if anybody knows if I can apply to FSW through PhD stream. Because CIC website says that this stream is not for those who are going to settle in Quebec. Actually I don't intend to settle in Quebec but the problem is that I am now living in Montreal and won't be graduated until 2 or more years. This might be an issue while landing (hopefully if nothing else happens for the application). Any idea or comment?

thanks

New13

Dec 7, 2012
Probably a different question for point based calculation. Will my Canadian work experience (>1 year but <2 years) count for both work experience and adaptability points?

Thanks.

indusvision

Sep 8, 2008
Hi there. On 2nd January FSTC will be opening not FSW. You do not need educational credential assessment until it is announced for FSW. There are no guidelines announced yet. We just have to wait till January or February next year.

New13 said:
Can anyone comment on the new requirement of education credential assessment in FSWP going to be started from January 2nd 2013? Will that also be the requirement for PhD stream? What I heard from people that education credential assessment can take a while (more than a month) and also cost money.

Will be stuck with my application if I've to do that :mad:

indusvision

Sep 8, 2008
Yes, as long as your work experience is atleast one year full time or equivalent.

New13 said:
Probably a different question for point based calculation. Will my Canadian work experience (>1 year but <2 years) count for both work experience and adaptability points?

Thanks.